FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Erin McKenna’s Bakery:

Finally found a bakery free of soy, dairy, gluten, egg, and nuts for my son. I took a piece of the donut and it was way to sweet for me so I only let him have half a donut a day.

Not pictured is the banana bread I purchased for myself. I did not enjoy it. It had a really bad aftertaste and gave me a stomach ache. I’m very appreciative of these types of bakeries but the substitutions they make to allow it to be allergy friendly is not for me. I’ll be back for my son though.

Cinnamon sugar
Maple vanilla
Carrot cake
Donut with sprinkles

709BB785-6503-488E-AF73-6A2CD8F386BC.jpeg

Always on the lookout for cool drinks.

DC0A5DF9-571F-433D-85C0-E7EB8F957590.jpeg

Kyochon - Korean fried chicken (honey garlic) with homemade quinoa.

DC97232C-D2E0-4B20-A16D-FF2EC1F2F767.jpeg

El Cochínito (Cuban food)
Black beans
Rice
Fried pork chunks
plantains sweet
Cuban sandwhich

C4F3AEEE-917E-42CA-BF22-AF59EB17284B.jpeg

Courage Bagels:

B7AB628D-2BF7-4099-9689-5C5E58AF37B2.jpeg

Something that caught my eye at wholefoods

A52C7278-29FB-418E-A0F1-0ED364E12EE0.jpeg

Snack form Costco

5DF84050-267F-4243-9DAD-B202AA1D1CE4.jpeg

Added Trader Joe’s Mac and cheese to dinner I made the other night.

FAFA3044-F40B-4B74-B5AF-954EEFB51D09.jpeg

# but those Heavenly Hunks are good as hell for a "Healthy" snack.

I mess with them a lot.

I found some on a clearance rack @ TJ Max and crushed the whole back in like 20 mins.

kix2mny kix2mny

# but those Heavenly Hunks are good as hell for a "Healthy" snack.

I mess with them a lot.

I found some on a clearance rack @ TJ Max and crushed the whole back in like 20 mins.

kix2mny kix2mny
First time trying I didn’t like it. I left it to sit for a few days and the flavor tasted better. Thinking it might have something to do with them warming up in the cupboard. Now when I grabbed one or two the chocolate melts faster than when I first tried it when I got it from Costco.

firehouse is actually pretty good IMO but I never see anyone in any of the ones I’ve been to. Always found that weird.

Went to True Food Kitchen out in Gaithersburg today after a doc appt for one of the girls. Food was ok, but prices seemed a bit wild for what we got. Probably wouldn't go back.

I think when Guy says "don't make a wrong move in this joint" he was moreso referring to the fact that they don't play around behind that counter.

You get yelled at for placing your order wrong, holding the door open, talking out of turn, etc.

Some dude had a temper tantrum while I was waiting and walked up to the side of the counter to yell "CAN I GET SOME ****IN' SERVICE HERE?!" His energy was matched by the woman working the grill and he stormed out. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom