FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Portobello stuffed with crabmeat and broccoli

669A1DDB-3A9A-467B-B74D-851D11FF9BB2.jpeg

So how’s it go in restaurants now? Do they have one time use dishes/utensils? Do you bring sanitizer? Do the waiters wear masks/gloves? Or do people simply not care much anymore?

I’m in Chicago. We just opened up but I’ve only seen the spot across from me and they’re clearly not following any rules. No masks/gloves, seats are just as tightly packed on the patio as always. I’m curious how other spots are managing this.

So how’s it go in restaurants now? Do they have one time use dishes/utensils? Do you bring sanitizer? Do the waiters wear masks/gloves? Or do people simply not care much anymore?

I’m in Chicago. We just opened up but I’ve only seen the spot across from me and they’re clearly not following any rules. No masks/gloves, seats are just as tightly packed on the patio as always. I’m curious how other spots are managing this.
Went to the Pursuit and Farmers and Distillers last weekend in DC. Patio seating, seats relatively spaced out, all servers wearing gloves, most patrons either mask below the chin or no mask at all. Same utensils and plates.

RE: Fine Dining

I went to FireBird ( MottoMottoMotto MottoMottoMotto ) Grill in Gaithersburg, MD last weekend. They didn't allow inside seating but they did allow Patio seating. It rained so the food was taken to a nearby parking garage and was eaten off the trunk of the car.

I am NOT eating anywhere in public right now. Nah.

its a random mix of people and restaurants following the rules and not following the rules
the restaurants should all be letting the customers know what measures are being taken.

i went to one high end restaurant and it was a great experience. the restaurant was only 25% capacity and it was reservation only.
it felt like we had the whole place to ourselves and a waitress just for us. the staff was all protected and the waitress def kept her distance when speaking to us.
they gave us a barcode to scan for online menus and specials with our phones cause we opted for no paper menus
i would say given the circumstances it was a good experience overall but the only reason why we went to this particular establishment cause we were told about the great service.
they also gave us some free food and drinks

My wife and son did dine in at a place in LA yesterday. There was indoor seating, but at half capacity with at least a both or table in between all diners. Wait staff in masks and gloves.

They also asked my wife for her phone number in the event it became necessary to contact her for COVID notification and/or tracing purposes.

RE: Fine Dining

I went to FireBird ( MottoMottoMotto MottoMottoMotto ) Grill in Gaithersburg, MD last weekend. They didn't allow inside seating but they did allow Patio seating. It rained so the food was taken to a nearby parking garage and was eaten off the trunk of the car.

I am NOT eating anywhere in public right now. Nah.
Governor Hulk is allowing indoor dining at 50% capacity as of 5pm on Friday for the state. Still going to be up to counties though whether they want to do it or not. Don’t see MoCo, PG, HoCo, Balt Co, or Balt City opening yet.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Governor Hulk

HAve you eaten out anywhere?
Yeah went to a little corner spot a couple times just for some appetizers. Tables were spaced out with no more than 6 to a table. Paper menus that won’t be reused and servers in masks and gloves. I felt fine. Won’t have a problem dining indoor at half capacity.

jape jape the fine dining spot sounds like the only way I’d be cool with dining in right now. I did some quick research and one of my favorite steak houses is doing something very similar for their patio only. I may check it out this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom