FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Chicken tacos
59DDADCA-4A15-4630-A75B-D3E704188D4D.jpeg
B3CBE671-81AE-448B-A435-96D4EEC74644.jpeg

Lightly fried
Thank you for using your first executive order to get him up out of the thread.

Christian Pulisic Christian Pulisic You better fix up or you're next

jking
nt really

What you mean? Put the shells in a skillet with hot oil...fold and flip...

About 20 years ago, before I started cooking a lot, I was trying to make crispy tortillas like that and it resulted in a grease fire. I thought I had to get the oil bubbling like it was a deep fryer.
It burst into flames before it got to that point.

I couldn’t find a fire extinguisher, so I threw water on the fire, which you are not supposed to do. I got super lucky and it went out. My whole apartment kitchen was discolored from smoke.

The fire extinguisher was under the sink the whole time.

Right up there among the top moments I’ve felt like an idiot in my life. :lol: Especially because, as you pointed out, what I was tryin to do was actually really easy.

mission flour tortillas
vegetable oil

usually they're still soft and too greasy after. i'm not drenching with oil or anything but i could try less oil i guess

First mistake is flour
Second mistake is oil.

Use corn tortillas and olive oil.

you don’t add a bunch of oil like you are frying chicken. Only add enough to coat the skillet at a time.

About 20 years ago, before I started cooking a lot, I was trying to make crispy tortillas like that and it resulted in a grease fire. I thought I had to get the oil bubbling like it was a deep fryer.

I couldn’t find a fire extinguisher, so I threw water on the fire, which you are not supposed to do. I got super lucky and it went out. My whole apartment kitchen was discolored from smoke.

Right up there among the top moments I’ve felt like an idiot in my life. :lol: Especially because, as you pointed out, what I was tryin to do was actually really easy.

Man one summer when our mom and step dad were at work, my brother and I were about to grill burgers...we were about 14/16 at the time. We were out of charcoal for the grill so I said I can cook them on the stove...so I didn't know what to put in the pan, so I heated up some oil :lol:. Right when I put the burger on the pan, ******* flames like 5 feet high shot up. We looked at each other like holy ****! :rofl:. I took the pan and put it in the sink and ran the water and it got worse as well. We were finally able to get it under control before anything crazy happened.

dux still make these kind of tacos from time to time
you get a regular tortilla In hot oil
the secret/trick is to put a toothpick to hold it together
46D66E68-D854-4E15-AC84-EB8F480A1826.jpeg
46D66E68-D854-4E15-AC84-EB8F480A1826.jpeg

Recs for Charleston? Southwest has $100 round trip flights and I'm thinking about going next month for a few days. Never been.

Know someone that works in the industry down there that has given me a bunch, but just wanna see where y'all have been.

Sean Brock is my favorite American chef, hit his spots

Back
Top Bottom