FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford How do you feel about salt? Is it to be used as a season or does it take away from food? When do you use salt?
Take away from food?
1589555175757.png

I made cornbread once. Forgot the salt and had to toss that ***. Salt is a flavor enhancer. It adds to food

Honestly though salt isn't really flavor, it's just salt. You could get away with adding natural seasoning heavily. And I mean heavy. Ms Dash is pretty decent too. The best balance is going to be mostly natural seasoning and less salt. Preferably some kinda sea salt, the flavor seems to hit quicker with less than those iodine joints. Underseasoned and no salt is bland as ****. Also don't even bother with those salt alternative things, they taste awful, may as well sprinkle bar keeper's friend on your meals.

pasta should be cooked IN the sauce it's served with

cook the pasta about 80% of the way in water. drain water and keep a cup
heat the sauce in a skillet and add the pasta and as much pasta water as needed
add olive oil or butter and cheese
enjoy
I'm sorry no one told you you've been doing it wrong, but the should have. A damn shame really.
Take away from food?
1589555175757.png

I made cornbread once. Forgot the salt and had to toss that ***. Salt is a flavor enhancer. It adds to food
Nah u can tweak that. I made a cheese & someone forgot to add sugar. Terrible. But then I made some brown sugar vanilla cinnamon glaze & it didn't last 2 days.
I use chop sticks
Just use your hands man. :smh:

does he mean boiled in sauce or baked in sauce? baked in sauce is fine (after it's been boiled if its normal pasta :lol: )

Honestly though salt isn't really flavor, it's just salt. You could get away with adding natural seasoning heavily. And I mean heavy. Ms Dash is pretty decent too. The best balance is going to be mostly natural seasoning and less salt. Preferably some kinda sea salt, the flavor seems to hit quicker with less than those iodine joints. Underseasoned and no salt is bland as ****. Also don't even bother with those salt alternative things, they taste awful, may as well sprinkle bar keeper's friend on your meals.
from the chef show on netflix i was told that a major difference between home cooking and professional cooking is that chefs season and salt the food every step of the way.
they are constantly seasoning the food throughout the process.

Back
Top Bottom