FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

France colonized Vietnam

planted coffee there

vietnam is now the #1 coffee producer in the world in terms of volume

it’s usually made from robusta so it has a different flavour profile than the arabica coffee You’re probably used to. It’s more caffeine, more, dark chocolate tasting.

usually dripped through metal filter onto condensed milk

though variations exist in the North where they use egg yolk instead of condensed milk.

I can go for a Vietnamese coffee right now. That stuff keeps me up!

Momofuku trash? Never got around to trying it.

Ishinn is my spot though. Randomly met the owner once, didnt even know he owned it. We were talking food and i kept biggin up ishinn how thats my **** and i fw it.

Tripped out when he told me he owns it.
Cool story.

I’d put momofuku noodle bar near the bottom of ramen places in the city.

yeah ishhin is pretty good.

my favourites in the city right now are probably ikkousha and konjiki.

haven’t tried the new konjiki chicken yet.

but honestly There’s so many styles of ramen it depends on what you like.

What kind of ramen do you usually order? Shio, shoyu, Tonkatsu, miso etc.

Poor woman’s gyros. Chicken cooked in shawarma spices with feta and this tandoori garlic sauce. Sweet potato fries tossed in honey, cinnamon and sea salt

AD5136AB-F013-475E-AE3D-F4FC06873909.jpeg

I wish I could grow an avocado tree on the east coast. We probably eat two avocados a day. :frown: and they be so expensive

Man, I have tried to "start off" like 5 or so Avacado seeds. It never works for me.

Have you ever tried?

Nope. We just got a home the past few months. Previously our townhome didn’t have a yard. But it would never survive this trash weather. My godparents have some back home, along with a lemon tree. So I love crushing those maybe I’ll bring a bag back when outside opens back up

Nope. We just got a home the past few months. Previously our townhome didn’t have a yard. But it would never survive this trash weather. My godparents have some back home, along with a lemon tree. So I love crushing those maybe I’ll bring a bag back when outside opens back up
Your GodPArents live on the West Coast?

Sometimes I swear I wish I lived in a Tropical spot so I could grow more things that I have a taste for.

I said I was going to try and grow a small citrus tree.

Man, there is a Mexican place here that specializes in burgers.

super fire norteño food. You realize they eat more than tacos in Mexico right?
yeah forreal. i had a burger at a local taqueria after my homegirl suggested it and it was fire

Back
Top Bottom