FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I feel conflicted about posting burritos.
Without showing the cross section pics are pretty much useless. But cutting your burrito in half would downgrade your overall experience.
I've given this way more thought than it deserves.

Without showing the cross section pics are pretty much useless. But cutting your burrito in half would downgrade your overall experience.

I too have thought about this and have reached a similar conclusion. The only burrito pics I’ve posted are ones topped with sauce and cheese, aka “wet” burritos.

Our plane was full so sick people so im
Not shocked im sick now.
My mom pulled out the heavy duty stuff for me.
7401763D-0E65-45A1-9533-FCBED796AF2B.jpeg
92BF92F0-DC4F-47C6-A564-8CC97B0DFCE0.jpeg

Don't feel conflicted. The most important part of the situation is EATING the food. People know what the inside of burrito looks like.

Just don't bite it and take a picture. :lol:

Nah. People know what stuff looks like plus usually the stuff is mashed together and indistinguishable at that point.

Trash in terms of what?

That's too much in a burrito. It will break apart. Reminds me of Chipotle because with each bite rice and beans are falling off the burrito.

That's too much in a burrito. It will break apart. Reminds me of Chipotle because with each bite rice and beans are falling off the burrito.
Oh ok well that is User Error and not rhe fault of the establishment. You tell THEM what to put in the burrito. The problem is most of us dont strategically think about structure/profile when ordering our burritos, we simply add EVERYTHING that we like.

I have never had a burrito break on me from Chipotle other than the 1 time I put tomatoes on it and it made my tortilla soggy and I made a decision to never do that again.

Well my first sous vide experiment was a partial success. I put this brisket in at 155° for about 28 hours then cooled it down and put it in a hot oven with some barbecue sauce (made using the liquid from the bag) for 30 minutes to get some color.

I think I would prefer it a little less done in the middle so next time I’ll try a lower temperature but it’s delicious.

0B23F897-E032-4B33-A6FE-0BD8F3CD6F9A.jpeg

EFDA0586-87BC-4A28-A9B5-903D18252468.jpeg

5542C99A-0D2D-4D8C-9DFD-9DA6EB0FC19B.jpeg

Served with my wife’s cornbread, baked beans, mashed potatoes and more sauce.

Oh ok well that is User Error and not rhe fault of the establishment. You tell THEM what to put in the burrito. The problem is most of us dont strategically think about structure/profile when ordering our burritos, we simply add EVERYTHING that we like.

I have never had a burrito break on me from Chipotle other than the 1 time I put tomatoes on it and it made my tortilla soggy and I made a decision to never do that again.

Bruh I know how to eat :lol: I came to realize that I don't like rice and beans in my burrito and rather have it on the side. Do you add guac and sour cream in your burrito because that makes it soggy too.

Imfo on the cormbrrad
Bruh I know how to eat :lol: I came to realize that I don't like rice and beans in my burrito and rather have it on the side. Do you add guac and sour cream in your burrito because that makes it soggy too.
I DO NOT add cheese, sour cream, or guac to my burrito.

If I have a taste for guac, I get it on the side and smear it on before each individual bite. (As I do with hot sauces)

I always ask for a minimal amount of rice and I get beans for the extra protein.

Imfo on the cormbrrad

I DO NOT add cheese, sour cream, or guac to my burrito.

If I have a taste for guac, I get it on the side and smear it on before each individual bite. (As I do with hot sauces)

I always ask for a minimal amount of rice and I get beans for the extra protein.

Damn no cheese? You lactose?

Ever thrown in an Açaí packet in there? Also if you don’t have nut allergies I find almond milk as a great addition instead of juice/water

Yeah Acai is where the inspiration came from. I used flaxseed milk. The apple juice is common as well.but realized today, I don’t even need it.

Back
Top Bottom