FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I put avocado in my green smoothie but probably not for kids.

You get enough pineapple/mango/orange or whatever fruit they like in there and slowly work in the avo and that should work.

I've had to play around with a few smoothie recipes with my kids.
I tried it a few times and it’s delicious. I use avocado, milk, vanilla, little brown sugar and then put it in the vitamix.

Takeout from a local sushi spot, matsuri

3EB28A19-7A1B-4F5A-9A0A-FE1FA49E1BF9.jpeg

Been eating avocado since I was a child. When grandma or pops was cookin spanish food, best believe it was on deck some way. Mostly just sliced up in a bowl with oil and vinegar and some salt.

My friends look at me crazy since I don't like guac and sour cream on Mexican food :lol: I just need red and green salsa

I think I’m with you - definitely not a fan of guacamole and I’ve always avoided sour cream - until last year I ordered a lamb dish in Dublin Ireland and before I could say the guy put a big dollop of it on top - and it was delicious!

It’s definitely a bit psychological but I’ve tried it a few times since and it’s sometimes good and sometimes not.

Is avocado on the new food pyramid? Not sure why kids need to eat avocado, it’s definitely an acquired taste
My son need more fat in his diet. He as an auto immune disease called EOE (basically his body fights majority of the food he eat) which is the reason why he has a limited diet. I read avocado was pretty good In fat.

Time to make my own Sriracha

2CB6E19C-2010-4A04-91D5-6EAB5EDDBAE3.png

Yea, obviously not of Spanish heritage. Definitely didn’t start eating guac or avocado until my 20s. Even now it’s rare that I buy avocado for cooking at home

can't relate to the guac haters

guac is pretty much the only dish where I care to eat avocados. don't need em on toast or in my cereal

but nothin better than fresh guac on some chips or tacos. could eat it every day

My friends look at me crazy because I don't like guac and sour cream on Mexican food :lol: I just need red and green salsa
Man, I hate seeing people eating food that has SC and it ends up in the corner of their mouthes like some dried up spit. :lol:

Not a fan of SC, I understand the purpose though.

Back
Top Bottom