FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

They do

nah, I remember this place going nuts. People saying plantains where trash, saying they were a banana. People were getting mad comparing plantains to banana pudding or something? :lol:

I forget the details but it was funny af.
Oh we know who that was (and a few fools cosigning) until he actually tried some good plantains and repented.

Let's just say he'd probably put cheese on his plantains.

Oh we know who that was until he actually tried some good plantains and repented.

Let's just say he'd probably put cheese on his plantains.

Ohhhh yeah, that was mr cheese. :lol:

he’d be pleased to know that’s actually a thing some places.

those plantains look good as hell
diddymmm.png

I remember the debate in here :lol:

But then again, I'm from the Caribbean so I'm biased

Ohhhh yeah, that was mr cheese. :lol:

he’d be pleased to know that’s actually a thing some places.
:smh: Oh word?

Which kind though? Cuz if its like the ones in the pic I cant imagine those tasting that good unless you really like cheese.

If it's the fried green plantains like tostones I can see that. I know cheese is fine in a jibarito (depending on the meat used).

I’ve had green plantains with cheese on them at Ecuadorian places.

It might be a thing somewhere but sweet plantains with cheese is foul to me too.

I feel like green plantains aren’t for the casual plantain eater though. Like you gotta have some plantains under your belt before you appreciate those.

Open when it comes to food but ill narrow it down.

Always down for seafood, japanese, mexican, any kind of central american cuisine (heard yall got fire salvadorian out there). Where the fire elote stand/truck at 👀 i seen the pics yall post in here. **** looks good af, need to try.

As far as stuff to do, im taking my mother with me. I guess any kinda museums, historical stuff/exhibits, parks. Weathers nicer than here, tryna take advantage of that and be out and about walking around taking in the sun. Be good for my dukes too
If you're in DTLA

Hit Up Tacos 1986 - Tijuana style tacos.

Sonoratown

If you're here on a Sunday, hit up Smorgasbord. Tons of food vendors, music, beer.
Grand Central Market - You'll find Eggslut, , Ramen, Chinese, BBQ, Pupusas.
Walk around LA Live
Little Tokyo for some Ramen or Sushi

All of this is within 10 minutes of each other by the way.

Open when it comes to food but ill narrow it down.

Always down for seafood, japanese, mexican, any kind of central american cuisine (heard yall got fire salvadorian out there). Where the fire elote stand/truck at 👀 i seen the pics yall post in here. **** looks good af, need to try.

As far as stuff to do, im taking my mother with me. I guess any kinda museums, historical stuff/exhibits, parks. Weathers nicer than here, tryna take advantage of that and be out and about walking around taking in the sun. Be good for my dukes too

no Korean recommendations yet

tenor.gif

Korean BBQ - (NOT All you can eat, definitely avoid the cheap AYCE places): https://www.yelp.com/biz/kang-ho-dong-baekjeong-los-angeles-4
o.jpg

Korean Braised Beef Rib Stew: https://www.yelp.com/biz/sun-nong-dan-los-angeles-4
o.jpg

Bossam (pork belly lettuce wraps): https://www.yelp.com/biz/kobawoo-house-los-angeles-2
o.jpg

Cassel's Hamburgers (not korean, but they're in KTown :lol:): https://www.yelp.com/biz/cassells-hamburgers-los-angeles-2
Get a patty melt and some pie there
o.jpg

Frank has been eating GOOD man. :lol:

He's getting some pudding under the skin, but I feel his pain. I'm definitely not at his level, but I've been eating like I hate myself since Thanksgiving. I'm honestly happy that the holidays are over and now I have no excuses to keep this up. At this point I'm craving exercise, greens, and regular, formed bowel movements. :rofl:

:smh:
How I know better spots to hit up in LA
and I’m from the bay
Y’all la folks should be ashamed
Figures
Y’all all pretentious anyway
Walking around in y’all Jodeci boots
And suspenders

Damn
To be so hungry
That u create an avacado pancake :smh:
That vegan/vegetarian life ain’t for me

Not Bad though.

Protein pancakes btw. Couldn’t even taste the avocado, just a nice high fiber, high fat, high protein pancake.

Had a cup of flaxseed milk with it 8g protein per serving.

Feeling good now.

My little guy have an extremely limited diet. Always looking for new ideas.
Anyone ever had an avocado smoothie?

I put avocado in my green smoothie but probably not for kids.

You get enough pineapple/mango/orange or whatever fruit they like in there and slowly work in the avo and that should work.

I've had to play around with a few smoothie recipes with my kids.

You tried guac and chips?

I put the cilantro and tomato etc. in a bullet so they don't even notice it.

I started by putting some guac between 2 chips like a sammich and went from there.

Now my kids kill it on their own.

been meaning to make guac

Back
Top Bottom