FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Prime rib
IMG_20191225_180107.jpg

IMG_20191225_185658.jpg
U got any prime rib left over????
Lemme roll through to get a cut or 2

DOCTOR: Burger King’s ‘Impossible Burger’ Has 18 Million Times More Estrogen Than Regular Whopper

5I5s8.png

A doctor recently broke down the facts behind Burger King’s vegan Impossible Burger, discovering that it may not be a healthier option when it comes to caloric or protein intake, and that it has a whopping 18 million times more estrogen than a standard Whopper.

Stangle goes on to explain that the Impossible Burger’s protein, though seemingly only three grams lower than the regular Whopper, is not equal to animal protein:

The impossible whopper has 25 grams of protein. The whopper has 28 grams. Seems pretty equal, only 11% less protein in the impossible whopper. However, not all proteins are created equal. There are 20 amino acids. Nine of which are essential, meaning your body cannot make them so they are required in the diet. Each of those essential amino acids must meet a certain level to make a complete protein profile. If any essential amino acid does not hit the required amount, it is said to be rate limiting. As an analogy, picture nine chains connected in a line. All of the chains need to lift 100 pounds to carry the load. If one chain can only support 50 pounds, it doesn’t matter how much the others can support. The 50 pound chain is the rate limiting chain.

The doctor goes on to explain the process used to make the Impossible Burger have the look of meat, writing that the beef-like appearance of the vegetable-based burger is a product of genetic engineering.

According to Stangle, the red appearance of the vegetable patty comes from genetically splicing a soybean and yeast:

Finally, the doctor explains the radically high amount of estrogen featured in each burger.

“The impossible whopper has 44 mg of estrogen and the whopper has 2.5 ng of estrogen,” wrote Stangle. “That means an impossible whopper has 18 million times as much estrogen as a regular whopper.”

He went on to compare the level of estrogen in the Impossible Burger to soy milk, writing that eating four of the vegetable burgers daily would result in a human male growing breasts:

Just six glasses of soy milk per day has enough estrogen to grow boobs on a male. That’s the equivalent of eating four impossible whoppers per day. You would have to eat 880 pounds of beef from an implanted steer to equal the amount of estrogen in one birth control pill.

DOCTOR: Burger King’s ‘Impossible Burger’ Has 18 Million Times More Estrogen Than Regular Whopper

5I5s8.png

A doctor recently broke down the facts behind Burger King’s vegan Impossible Burger, discovering that it may not be a healthier option when it comes to caloric or protein intake, and that it has a whopping 18 million times more estrogen than a standard Whopper.

Stangle goes on to explain that the Impossible Burger’s protein, though seemingly only three grams lower than the regular Whopper, is not equal to animal protein:

The doctor goes on to explain the process used to make the Impossible Burger have the look of meat, writing that the beef-like appearance of the vegetable-based burger is a product of genetic engineering.

According to Stangle, the red appearance of the vegetable patty comes from genetically splicing a soybean and yeast:

Finally, the doctor explains the radically high amount of estrogen featured in each burger.

“The impossible whopper has 44 mg of estrogen and the whopper has 2.5 ng of estrogen,” wrote Stangle. “That means an impossible whopper has 18 million times as much estrogen as a regular whopper.”

He went on to compare the level of estrogen in the Impossible Burger to soy milk, writing that eating four of the vegetable burgers daily would result in a human male growing breasts:

No wonder dudes confused about what gender they wanna be :smh:

Round 2 about to start. Got a ton of meat off the other half - this is the breast sliced (minus the end which I gave to my dog) and there’s a whole plate out of shot with some leftover breast, the dark meat and pickings. It’s easier to carve neatly after being in the fridge.

8120CEA9-D25B-4B17-8C15-E9A7C2721EF1.jpeg

Turns out my mom ignored the turkey juice yesterday and just used a jar to make gravy so we’re using that - smells delicious so far. My wife makes better stuffing too so it’s looking good.

LA NTers:

Planning a trip out there in the new year. Any recommendations? Not only food but other must see places?

Good looks

LA NTers:

Planning a trip out there in the new year. Any recommendations? Not only food but other must see places?

Good looks
Depends on what you like to eat and what you tryna do? Far too many places to recommend off the strength of just wanting food.

Depends on what you like to eat and what you tryna do? Far too many places to recommend off the strength of just wanting food.
Open when it comes to food but ill narrow it down.

Always down for seafood, japanese, mexican, any kind of central american cuisine (heard yall got fire salvadorian out there). Where the fire elote stand/truck at 👀 i seen the pics yall post in here. **** looks good af, need to try.

As far as stuff to do, im taking my mother with me. I guess any kinda museums, historical stuff/exhibits, parks. Weathers nicer than here, tryna take advantage of that and be out and about walking around taking in the sun. Be good for my dukes too

Open when it comes to food but ill narrow it down.

Always down for seafood, japanese, mexican, any kind of central american cuisine (heard yall got fire salvadorian out there). Where the fire elote stand/truck at 👀 i seen the pics yall post in here. **** looks good af, need to try.

As far as stuff to do, im taking my mother with me. I guess any kinda museums, historical stuff/exhibits, parks. Weathers nicer than here, tryna take advantage of that and be out and about walking around taking in the sun. Be good for my dukes too

IMO there aren't many actual Mexican restaurants worth going to. You're better off finding a food truck. Another thing with Mexican food such as elote and all that is that it is generally in the hood for the most part. At least the stuff worth getting. So depending on where you're gonna stay, a lot of the real good Mexican food may be far from you

Two spots I will recommend for Mexican food tho
Tacos Gavilan which is a small restaurant (many locations)
Tacos los Guichos which is a fire food truck. (LA)

Good steakhouses: Boa Steakhouse (Santa Monica), Maestros (Beverly Hils), and Houston's Restaurant (LA)
n/naka is a good Japanese spot from what I hear. (Make reservations)

Unfortunately, I don't know too much about other Japanese and central american cuisine

Other food spots:
Yang Chow ( CHinese spot in Downtown LA)
Langers Deli (Pastrama in Downtown LA)
The Griddle Cafe (Breakfast in LA)
Sweet Chick (Fried chicken spot owned by Nas in LA)
Yard House (Sports bar that serves a variety of food in LA)

For walking and activities:
Walking along Hollywood/Highland (It's a little touristy)
The Getty Museum in LA (popular museum)
Los Angeles County Museum of Art aka LACMA (popular museum)
Santa Monica 3rd Street (Beach and plenty shops nearby. As well as food)

Pop back in when you're close to making the trip and I can recommend more things

They do

nah, I remember this place going nuts. People saying plantains where trash, saying they were a banana. People were getting mad comparing plantains to banana pudding or something? :lol:

I forget the details but it was funny af.

Back
Top Bottom