FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I thought two types of mozzarella and some provolone was sufficient, wouldn’t be mad if there was more cheese involved though.

Calling burrata “repulsive” is tantamount to heresy, though.

IMG_20191223_192431_451.jpg

:lol: straight bastardizing Hmong food.

guy would gentrify it too...

f that dude, he’s a douche. He’s been in some places I frequent. I’ve heard nothing good about him.

Dear FOOD THREAD DC residents,

I am in need of dinning establishment suggestions. I have a date this Saturday for an NBA game but we'll be out their about 2 hours before tip off so I plan on grabbing some food before entering the arena. All replies are appreciated but before answering I do have some small notes

1. No Indian food
2. No Latin food
3. Would like to be as close to the capital One Arena as possible

Happy Holidays everyone

1. Red Apron Butcher...one of my favorite places in the city. Everything's good (esp the burger) but there isn't much on the menu.
2. Daikaya...Ramen. No reservations but worth it. Right across the street from the arena.
3. RPM...upscale modern Italian. Good date spot but pricey.
4. Zaytinya...Mediterranean. Also pricey.
5. Succotash...upscale soul food/bbq.

There's a million places around there. You can't really go wrong.

1. Red Apron Butcher...one of my favorite places in the city. Everything's good (esp the burger) but there isn't much on the menu.
2. Daikaya...Ramen. No reservations but worth it. Right across the street from the arena.
3. RPM...upscale modern Italian. Good date spot but pricey.
4. Zaytinya...Mediterranean. Also pricey.
5. Succotash...upscale soul food/bbq.
Thank you for the suggestions, haven't had ramen in years. May look them up

Think I got a bit carried away with the turkey. Got the time within 10 minutes which I was pleased with and it looks great.

7BDF4FA0-7613-4F84-9703-72FC99E4E565.jpeg

This is half of it (and both drumsticks obviously) so it looks like I’m eating turkey all week. Sliced up the breast and then the other stuff is everything else which just fell apart.

7BC46CC9-028B-438F-A5FC-7867D530CD5D.jpeg

You use gravy on that

Yeah, my wife used the liquid in the tray to mix up some gravy. Traditionally we also have bread sauce with turkey here - a thick white sauce.

I guess you can’t see the scale of it but it was 19lbs - said enough for 18-20 and the 11 of us (3 fairly small kids) only ate half. Next year I’ll get the size down.

Back
Top Bottom