FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Absolutely not :lol: I saw that flavor of the month thing for the Forces... I always thought it was NY, the store that was requesting retros was named after a dude right?

Yep. NY made them popular through music and various forms of media. Maryland doesn't have the same world wide appeal that NY has. So it's easy to mistakenly credit them.

NY claims to be the Mecca of basketball too. Somehow MSG being considered the Mecca spread to the whole damn city and sport. If you look up NYs basketball history pro or collegiate it's a laughable claim.

Last edited:
my boy @shaw333 has it in his signature
laugh.gif
It was by far my most favorite thing that has ever happened on NT. Dude was legit serious, and nothing any of us could say would change his mind.

I remember seeing mad kids in NY in AF1s and Foams. AF1s been around since what, 82 or something? I don't know what was poppin in the mid 80s. I know Foams were heavy in NY when they came out and AF1s were everywhere because they were affordable Nike's.

NYC is the starter of all popular street fashion from North Faces, AF1's, Timbs, and Jordans. I will never admit it publicly but the DC area did make Foamposite's, New Balances, and Nike boots (I don't wear these) popular. DC is more of a trendsetter than Baltimore imo.
In college a few years back you could tell who were from NYC and DC because both wore Northface jackets but the DC guys wore New Balances, Foams, and Nike Boots. And the NYC guys wore Timbs, AF1's, and Jordans.

Last edited:
AF1 were a dead model post its original release. The reason they came back was because 3 that later became 4 stores in Baltimore got Nike to release them exclusively in those stores. The dealers and "cool kids" at the time made them popular. NY took the AF1 thing to a world wide level.

Foams like I said are harder to track where they were popping originally. I don't know of any place Foams were more popping then here. I could easily be wrong due to lack of knowledge.

Last edited:
I remember seeing mad kids in NY in AF1s and Foams. AF1s been around since what, 82 or something? I don't know what was poppin in the mid 80s. I know Foams were heavy in NY when they came out and AF1s were everywhere because they were affordable Nike's.
my brother said jordans were big with the gangs.. especially the jordan1's.. he said dudes would go to the parties in the whole damn nike sweatsuit with the match jordan ones..lol

AF1 were a dead model post its original release. The reason they came back was because 3 that later became 4 stores in Baltimore got Nike to release them exclusively in those stores. The dealers and "cool kids" at the time made them popular. NY took the AF1 thing to a world wide level.

Foams like I said are harder to track where they were popping originally. I don't know of any place Foams were more popping then here. I could easily be wrong due to lack of knowledge.
foams were big in VA around the same time too.. but i would say mainly dmv va NYC for foams... it was very common to see dope boys in the barbershop with $180 foams on

I think the DMV area was able to get trends faster than other areas due to HBCUs which got a lot of students from up North. There was no social media so you didn't have instagram stuntin but real life stuntin. I would say Bmore rebirthed the AF1, since they were already a favorite. One of my homies went to Morgan State and he called and said they had AF1s at the strip mall by his campus. No more than a week or 2 later me and a few fellas went visit him LOL.

Last edited:
I think the DMV area was able to get trends faster than other areas due to HBCUs which got a lot of students from up North. There was no social media so you didn't have instagram stuntin but real life stuntin. I would say Bmore rebirthed the AF1, since they were already a favorite. One of my homies went to Morgan State and he called and said they had AF1s at the strip mall by his campus. No more than a week or 2 later me and a few fellas went visit him LOL.
back then it was word of mouth.... or eastbay..

Def word of mouth. When Bmore was 'birthing' LOL, AF1s we were calling them "uptowns"
i remember dudes were going up north getting NYC AF1's.. and some parts of VA called AF1's "Flav's".. i still dont know the origion of that term..

You gotta learn your history. Go look up AF1 flavor of the month. Read the history and story behind the retro and come back and talk to me. Baltimore was the ONLY place on EARTH getting AF1 retros originally.

Foams are harder to track. I know that mainly outside of MD they were considered ugly shoes. Foams were being worn by middle school kids heavy here. Tell me what urban black areas were wearing $180 shoes like nothing back in the late 90s. Not adults but kids. That would be us.
What? Where are u bammas coming up with this logic. in the 90s AF1s were a NYC staple there are dozens of releases that came out with the nuc emblem. By the time you bammas found out about af1s we were rocking foams and flightposites. How can u diss the former fashion capital of the world with these ludicrous statements... I grew up in the city in the 90s and your blanket statement is wrong ... Foh

Def word of mouth. When Bmore was 'birthing' LOL, AF1s we were calling them "uptowns"

Baltimore never really had their "OWN" lane when it came to a staple in street fashion. DC has a look, NYC has a look, Jersey and Philly have a look. But Baltimore always just blended in between. They didn't want to be considered southern and they were too country to be considered northern. Guys from DC dress and look like Wale I can spot a DC person a mile away. A Baltimore person I usually can tell they are from Baltimore when they speak. Instead of "to" they saw "tew" or "do" they say "dew" or dog they say "doug".

Last edited:
What? Where are u bammas coming up with this logic. in the 90s AF1s were a NYC staple there are dozens of releases that came out with the nuc emblem. By the time you bammas found out about af1s we were rocking foams and flightposites. How can u diss the former fashion capital of the world with these ludicrous statements... I grew up in the city in the 90s and your blanket statement is wrong ... Foh

The Nike Air Force 1 was a big hit in Baltimore at its ‘82 release, its profile helped out by the endorsement of hustlers who had plenty of cash to spend on sneakers. As Rudo put it in this rare documentary on the seminal shoe, “If you had Air Force 1s, you were the s-h-i-t.” Due to the shoe’s street endorsement and resulting coveted status in Charm City, Blinken and Rudo were eager not to let the best seller simply disappear from their shelves. So they flew to Nike’s headquarters in Beaverton, Ore., in ‘83 to pitch a radical idea that would bring new life to the model.

This is from the article. You talking about what NY did in the 90s. I'm talking about what Baltimore did in the 80s. Your loud and wrong champ. Ha ha ha

Last edited:

The Nike Air Force 1 was a big hit in Baltimore at its ‘82 release, its profile helped out by the endorsement of hustlers who had plenty of cash to spend on sneakers. As Rudo put it in this rare documentary on the seminal shoe, “If you had Air Force 1s, you were the s-h-i-t.” Due to the shoe’s street endorsement and resulting coveted status in Charm City, Blinken and Rudo were eager not to let the best seller simply disappear from their shelves. So they flew to Nike’s headquarters in Beaverton, Ore., in ‘83 to pitch a radical idea that would bring new life to the model.

This is from the article. You talking about what NY did in the 90s. I'm talking about what Baltimore did in the 80s. Your loud and wrong champ. Ha ha ha
Bmore gets the credit for the retro but all that 'birthed the AF1" is off...

How? Read the article. Nike didn't want to put anymore out past 82. Then they were convinced to make new CWs exclusively for Baltimore shoe stores by Baltimore store owners. That's the beginning/birth of the AF1.

Wow dudes legit can't accept historical fact. Ha ha ha

Last edited:

How? Read the article. Nike didn't want to put anymore out past 82. Then they were convinced to make new CWs exclusively for Baltimore shoe stores by Baltimore store owners. That's the beginning/birth of the AF1.

Wow dudes legit can't accept historical fact. Ha ha ha
So you're saying AF1s weren't sold prior to Charlie Rudo and 'nem? Because they were, word to Moses Malone. As I said they got Nike to retro the previously released model.

Last edited:
So you're saying AF1s weren't sold prior to Charlie Rudo and 'nem?

They were in 82. That white and silver pair that dropped in June is the retro. That pair as the article states was popular in Baltimore. That's why Nike flew out Baltimore store owners. Do you have anything I can read or look to that will tell me different?

You mention 2 ball players. I'm talking about in store to the public. That's a reach. It's like saying the birth place of the Penny Foam is Arizona because Bibby wore them. Get outta here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom