FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
So you're saying AF1s weren't sold prior to Charlie Rudo and 'nem?

They were in 82. That white and silver pair that dropped in June is the retro. That pair as the article states was popular in Baltimore. That's why Nike flew out Baltimore store owners. Do you have anything I can read or look to that will tell me different?
If you think Charlie Rudo's was the first store to sell the AF1 no need to continue. I'm glad they brought them back out in the different flavors but they were popular in other places as well...

Last edited:
If you think Charlie Rudo's was the first store to sell the AF1 no need to continue.

That's not what I think or said. You have no argument so your attempting to twist my words.

The OG AF1 was sold everywhere. IT WAS POPULAR AND MOST PROMINENT IN BALTIMORE MARYLAND. They became trendy because of the natives of Baltimore.

If you think Charlie Rudo's was the first store to sell the AF1 no need to continue.

That's not what I think or said. You have no argument so your attempting to twist my words.

The OG AF1 was sold everywhere. IT WAS POPULAR AND MOST PROMINENT IN BALTIMORE MARYLAND. They became trendy because of the natives of Baltimore.
I'm not twisting your words you said it. I agree that bmore birthed the RETRO of the AF1. As you just typed, they original release was sold everywhere.

I'm not twisting your words you said it. I agree that bmore birthed the RETRO of the AF1. As you just typed, they original release was sold everywhere.

Dog you know what I mean when I say birthed the AF1. Why are you playing with words.

Birth isn't to be taken literally as in the first place that sold the shoe. That could be anywhere. I'm talking about made them a staple, trendy something other then just another shoe.

Dog you know what I mean when I say birthed the AF1. Why are you playing with words.

Birth isn't to be taken literally as in the first place that sold the shoe. That could be anywhere. I'm talking about made them a staple, trendy something other then just another shoe.
Then type what you mean, literally. They popular outside of Bmore. While they took the bull by the horns and got Nike to continue production is wasn't like they introduced a new product...

Last edited:
Then type what you mean, literally. They popular outside of Bmore. While they took the bull by the horns and got Nike to continue production is wasn't like they introduced a new product...

Your the only one who didn't get what I meant though. I'm JK man. That's what I'm saying, it became a big thing in Baltimore so much so it got Nikes attention. Not that they didn't have a following elsewhere. Sure they did. I even credited NY for taking the sneaker to the next level in terms of popularity and acclaim.

My post weren't to be taken as anti NY.

The Nike Air Force 1 was a big hit in Baltimore at its ‘82 release, its profile helped out by the endorsement of hustlers who had plenty of cash to spend on sneakers. As Rudo put it in this rare documentary on the seminal shoe, “If you had Air Force 1s, you were the s-h-i-t.” Due to the shoe’s street endorsement and resulting coveted status in Charm City, Blinken and Rudo were eager not to let the best seller simply disappear from their shelves. So they flew to Nike’s headquarters in Beaverton, Ore., in ‘83 to pitch a radical idea that would bring new life to the model.

This is from the article. You talking about what NY did in the 90s. I'm talking about what Baltimore did in the 80s. Your loud and wrong champ. Ha ha ha
Lol.... Loud? How where are my capital letters , how do I sound loud. Adidas had the 80s on lock due to run dmc and the impact they had. Af1s were popping in nyc , I remember dope boys with travel fox, ballys, Stan smiths, and af1's so to say that it wasn't popping in NY is wrong. There were too many options at the time to have one particular brand and style that everyone wore. If your claim to fame is keeping the af1 relevant , you got it G... Do your thang

Lol.... Loud? How where are my capital letters , how do I sound loud. Adidas had the 80s on lock due to run dmc and the impact they had. Af1s were popping in nyc , I remember dope boys with travel fox, ballys, Stan smiths, and af1's so to say that it wasn't popping in NY is wrong. There were too many options at the time to have one particular brand and style that everyone wore. If your claim to fame is keeping the af1 relevant , you got it G... Do your thang

Loud as in calling me out like I didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Your whole post was about what NY did in the 90s while us "bammas" were rocking Posites. You didn't understand where us "bammas" come up with this logic.

I never said they weren't popping in NY. Baltimores impact on the original AF1 was larger then NYs and anywhere else. That's all I meant.

Last edited:
honestly thought i was in the air force 1 thread for a second haha

tumblr_inline_n9gb2mausT1rujkbp.gif

Last edited:
My post was in response to a conversation in here 3 days ago. I didn't expect the AF1 portion of my post to become a hot take.

i love this topic... Af1's place of prominent origin in a FOAM  thread!!.. wheres the MJ popcorn gif wen you need it..lol

:lol: nothing new. This thread was the old school Chevy thread for a while, Kobe X thread was the wrestling thread, UNC is the real estate thread right now and the MAG thread changed from the Pepsi thread to the toy thread.

laugh.gif
nothing new. This thread was the old school Chevy thread for a while, Kobe X thread was the wrestling thread, UNC is the real estate thread right now and the MAG thread changed from the Pepsi thread to the toy thread.
why didn't you @ me when that happen? i'm prob one of the leading toy collectors on #NT
mean.gif

hey what do you think of the hastakomy mp Shockwave? i'm trying to decide on whether I should continue getting shoes or pick up these 3 beast combiners, UT Oridin, MMC Feral Rex, and TW Extinction (yeah I know he don't have a name :lol: )

Not speaking my language bro. I'm a Marvel/DC figure collector. (no pun intended)

hey what do you think of the hastakomy mp Shockwave? i'm trying to decide on whether I should continue getting shoes or pick up these 3 beast combiners, UT Oridin, MMC Feral Rex, and TW Extinction (yeah I know he don't have a name
laugh.gif
)
Not speaking my language bro. I'm a Marvel/DC figure collector. (no pun intended)
challenge reaccepted in pm
laugh.gif
 should be more your speed

Back
Top Bottom