FINALLY, Air Jordan 12 Playoffs Return - Rumored Date - 3/11/2022 - First images

Will try for these. Probably the only release I’m interested in. It’s minor, but I really hope the official release has a black Jumpman logo on the bottom of the shoe that curls up onto the front of the toe cap area. The most recent release was red it bugged me.

Some pics of my 2004 pair
E385F963-4D0C-4527-BDF5-7DE27BF2DA66.jpeg

CC1ED768-0DA4-4453-B577-72C92FB38926.jpeg

Edit: Reading comments about comfort, I can say that these still feel soft, snug and comfy. Don’t own the recent retro so I cant compare.

Top 7 if we had 1 pair to wear for each day of the week forever.
AEA829FC-63E6-4937-B636-5154027F79AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Fortunate and old enough to say I got to play in the OG 12-14 when they came out. Easily found at the outlets for 49.99 each. The 12’s were stiff as hell but felt great after several weeks of ball. The zoom was bouncy but the midsole and outsole needed to be broken in. The 13’s were soft and comfy on Day 1. And the 14’s were nice as well after 1-2 wears. The 13 was probably the most comfortable to wear out of the first 14 models. It was just plush on the inside and zoom was great.

12s are def super bulky and thick with no venting whatsoever, but the zoom cushioning is noticeable, much much more bouncy than the 11s. 13s are more comfy, 14s trash both of them as far as comfort and basketball performance IMO.

If I had to play in any shoe 1-14, 14s would be head and shoulders above the rest. If I had to play in any shoe MJ played in, 18s might take the cake tho..

Since were talking about comfort, what retro best matches the comfort of the OG? (1-13)
Do any of the retros feel better than the OG?
Only OGs I had were the 12s they were pretty big and bulky and them being like a whole size too big didn't help.
Unfortunately ill never be able to go back in time and purchase OGs and now its too late because 2-9 will turn to dust
Retro 9s have felt like bricks for the past decade, I'm curious if the OG felt this bad I imagine not.

Last edited:
Some of you guys are crazy for thinking the XI felt better than the XII. The XI is my favorite model (tied with the XVII) as far as looks but I think the XI is one of the worst performance shoes of the Flagships. The most underrated is the X. I feel like the XIV varies. The Last Shots and Cherrys feel great but the Oxidized and Pacific lows don’t. I will say the recent retros of the VI feel better than the OG. Don’t get spoonmanofthehour started on XIIIs 😝

Last edited:
XI's were comfortable up until when space jams and cool greys released. You could still play in them easily, that's why Mike played in cool greys.

XII's when they first release weren't comfortable. The 2004's were and they have been hit and miss since. OG XII's were heavy because of the thickness and quality of leather and you couldn't even feel the zoom on foot. It's one reason you can still get and wear OG XII's and the only thing you have to worry about is the tab breaking and gluing the sole.

You guys are not wrong that the 12 feel like bricks on initial wears. But I remember they were great after some usage. The leather took a while to soften up and the cushioning came alive once the midsoles broke in. I also played in a couple pairs of the OG XI and they were better than the retro's, but still not comparable to zoom cushioning. Also, my pink toe was always destroyed by the OG XI. Wasn't as bad with the 2001 retro. I assume the toe box was a little wider/roomier on the retro. Everyone has different feet so comfort is going to vary from person to person.

The 'brick' thing has never really bothered me personally. Just about everything was a brick in the 1990s lol. I got used to it then and it doesn't bother me much now. Unless it's truly very uncomfortable or something. All of these Jordans have always felt fine to me.

Back
Top Bottom