FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

RSA playing well and hanging tough with Brasil. Who ever we play in the final its going to be a good game. Rather play Brazil though, so we can get ourrevenge.

GO USA.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

anyone else like these anouncers better than the ones they had yesterday?

Of course. These are world-class announcers. The ones from yesterday are biased as hell and annoying to watch. I guess it's to be expected since we are inthe US, and I'm sure the announcers of other teams in their home nations are at least as bias, but I can't stand listening to the US announcers. Nocard is ever deserved, no offside is ever correctly called, and the US is always getting the short end of the stick.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

anyone else like these anouncers better than the ones they had yesterday?

Of course. These are world-class announcers. The ones from yesterday are biased as hell and annoying to watch. I guess it's to be expected since we are in the US, and I'm sure the announcers of other teams in their home nations are at least as bias, but I can't stand listening to the US announcers. No card is ever deserved, no offside is ever correctly called, and the US is always getting the short end of the stick.
indifferent.gif
you're right.... but NONE of the cards US has rec'd in this tournament have been deserved!

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

USA was definitely the better side yesterday... they don't have more talent, and probably don't beat Spain more than 1 in 5 tries.. but it doesn't matter, they were better yesterday and deserved the win.

Really proud of our guys... we looked like a legitimate squad in two straight games now, not having to rely on PK's to score our goals and playing really inspired ball out there. Loved it..
pimp.gif
I watched the replay at 11:00 last night, and I can't say that I agree with you or anyone else who's saying that the US played a greatmatch, were the better team, etc.

They capitalized on their few chances. Period. If that makes them better or more deserving in some eyes, then so be it.

They played a very good first half, probably just about as good as they're capable of playing. But the second half was absolutely abysmal.

They were pinned back in their own half of the pitch for the vast majority of the second 45. They were lunging and diving and sliding and chasing almost everyball because they were constantly behind the play or leaving men unmarked. It was typical to see 8 or 9 US players in the box, getting pelted with shots orattempting to clear amidst chaos. What exacerbated their defensive struggles was the fact that they couldn't possess the ball for more than 30 secondsonce they got it back. There was no control, no build-up, no discipline. It was either full-speed ahead or knock an awful through ball, and then Spain wasback on the attack 10 seconds later.

The US won, and good for them. They deserved it in the first half. I think they got pretty lucky in the second.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

USA was definitely the better side yesterday... they don't have more talent, and probably don't beat Spain more than 1 in 5 tries.. but it doesn't
matter, they were better yesterday and deserved the win.

Really proud of our guys... we looked like a legitimate squad in two straight games now, not having to rely on PK's to score our goals and playing really
inspired ball out there. Loved it..
pimp.gif
I watched the replay at 11:00 last night, and I can't say that I agree with you or anyone else who's saying that the US played a great match, were the better team, etc.

They capitalized on their few chances. Period. If that makes them better or more deserving in some eyes, then so be it.

They played a very good first half, probably just about as good as they're capable of playing. But the second half was absolutely abysmal.

They were pinned back in their own half of the pitch for the vast majority of the second 45. They were lunging and diving and sliding and chasing almost every ball because they were constantly behind the play or leaving men unmarked. It was typical to see 8 or 9 US players in the box, getting pelted with shots or attempting to clear amidst chaos. What exacerbated their defensive struggles was the fact that they couldn't possess the ball for more than 30 seconds once they got it back. There was no control, no build-up, no discipline. It was either full-speed ahead or knock an awful through ball, and then Spain was back on the attack 10 seconds later.

The US won, and good for them. They deserved it in the first half. I think they got pretty lucky in the second.

so we should discredit the U.S. for playing great defense?

USA was definitely the better side yesterday... they don't have more talent, and probably don't beat Spain more than 1 in 5 tries.. but it doesn't matter, they were better yesterday and deserved the win.

Really proud of our guys... we looked like a legitimate squad in two straight games now, not having to rely on PK's to score our goals and playing really inspired ball out there. Loved it..
pimp.gif
I watched the replay at 11:00 last night, and I can't say that I agree with you or anyone else who's saying that the US played a great match, were the better team, etc.

They were pinned back in their own half of the pitch for the vast majority of the second 45. They were lunging and diving and sliding and chasing almost every ball because they were constantly behind the play or leaving men unmarked. It was typical to see 8 or 9 US players in the box, getting pelted with shots or attempting to clear amidst chaos. What exacerbated their defensive struggles was the fact that they couldn't possess the ball for more than 30 seconds once they got it back. There was no control, no build-up, no discipline. It was either full-speed ahead or knock an awful through ball, and then Spain was back on the attack 10 seconds later.

Anyone that can look at the stats from that game and claim that the US was the better team is delusional. Spain was bombarding their goal for 70 minutes out of90. The US had a game plan and they executed it to perfection, with a few lucky bounces involved, but they were not close to outplaying Spain. They were infact dominated throughout the match.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

USA was definitely the better side yesterday... they don't have more talent, and probably don't beat Spain more than 1 in 5 tries.. but it doesn't
matter, they were better yesterday and deserved the win.

Really proud of our guys... we looked like a legitimate squad in two straight games now, not having to rely on PK's to score our goals and playing really
inspired ball out there. Loved it..
pimp.gif

so we should discredit the U.S. for playing great defense?

BEFORE I START, I love the US just as much as you do! I promise! hahaha

anyway, there is NO way a team should be credited with being the better side by playing great defense! I wouldn't even call it great. It was EMERGENCYdefending. There were moments of luck and panic involved there too. it was well organized and effective, but they were still on their heels the almost thewhole game. The way barca played in the UCL final is what I consider great defense. They closed well on ALL parts of the field, NOT Just when they were underfire. Timmy had a great game. That's great goal keeping. But great defense, I have to disagree.

Respect to South Africa. Curious decision by Dunga to wait approximately 80 minutes to make the change. Nice FK Alves. Interesting tatoo.. lol

^ People are trying to take away credit from the US just because they have nothing to say. the best team won. They may be less talented but they playedtogether especially the defense.

With that being said. Sunday will be a great game. We all know what happens in football when teams meet again
smile.gif
. With the exception of Portugal vs Greece inthe euro cup SMH.
Sad im going to miss this game.

Well the only thing i can see for sunday is there is no way that same starting lineup can come out for brazil. They have to be tired as hell. That was a stupidmove by Dunga imo. Way too much talent on the bench not to switch it up. Even though i am not a USNT fan, i see them somehow winning this game. It can goeither way really and of course no one will give the US a shot. Bradley not being able to play will be a huge loss however.

Back
Top Bottom