FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

i like soccer but i dont know a whole lot about it, but i thought Ronaldinho played for brazil? wheres he at?

Originally Posted by needsomejays

i like soccer but i dont know a whole lot about it, but i thought Ronaldinho played for brazil? wheres he at?
He's still a great player, but past his peak in his career. Brasil has an abundance of younger and more capable talent to include on theirnational team.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Maybe Altidore got the goalie leaning and finished like he should of. oh wait no spain let him have that goal, nevermind
laugh.gif

i love it. we got embarrassed by italy when we lost the game only after going down a man...but we beat spain and shut them out and it's no big deal because spain "gave" us the game

Typical... you know how people are, they never want to give credit to something they didn't believe in or predict.

USA was definitely the better side yesterday... they don't have more talent, and probably don't beat Spain more than 1 in 5 tries.. but it doesn't matter, they were better yesterday and deserved the win.

Really proud of our guys... we looked like a legitimate squad in two straight games now, not having to rely on PK's to score our goals and playing really inspired ball out there. Loved it..
pimp.gif

Co-sign all of the comments above...

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by needsomejays

He's still a great player, but past his peak in his career. Brasil has an abundance of younger and more capable talent to include on their national team.
nm thought u said robinho not ronaldinho

pardon my ignorance, dont watch much soccer, but is David Beckham playing in the US team in the confederation cup ?????

Originally Posted by damnitzvin

pardon my ignorance, dont watch much soccer, but is David Beckham playing in the US team in the confederation cup ?????

Beckers is from england and plays for england.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

So did england play yet? If not, when do they?
nerd.gif

damnitzvin wrote:

So did england play yet? If not, when do they?
nerd.gif

they didnt qualify for this tournament...they should be playing sometime mid july with a the world cup qualifiers taking place.

^ England's next 'International' is in August against the Dutch, but I think its just a friendly...

In this tournament, UEFA is represented by Spain since they won the Euro 2008...

If RSA wins this game, it's Spain vs. Brazil in the consolation game. Of course, that's when everyone will talk about that being the REAL FINAL.

anyway, Brazil look flat. Robinho is getting little supply of the ball. We'll see what happens from here.

I have a question, dont watch much soccer

Are these teams playing for a spot for next years FIFA world cup? If not, can someone explain whats going on?

Are these teams playing for a spot for next years FIFA world cup? If not, can someone explain whats going on?

nope...the teams that played in this tournament won their "conference" tournament.

nope...the teams that played in this tournament won their "conference" tournament.
[table][tr][th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Confederation[/th] [th=""]Qualification[/th] [th=""]Participation[/th] [/tr][tr][td] South Africa[/td] [td]CAF[/td] [td]2010 FIFA World Cup host[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Italy[/td] [td]UEFA[/td] [td]2006 FIFA World Cup winners[/td] [td]1st[/td] [/tr][tr][td] United States[/td] [td]CONCACAF[/td] [td]2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners[/td] [td]4th[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Brazil[/td] [td]CONMEBOL[/td] [td]Copa América 2007 winners[/td] [td]6th[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Iraq[/td] [td]AFC[/td] [td]2007 AFC Asian Cup winners[/td] [td]1st[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Egypt[/td] [td]CAF[/td] [td]2008 African Cup of Nations winners[/td] [td]2nd[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Spain[/td] [td]UEFA[/td] [td]UEFA Euro 2008 winners[/td] [td]1st[/td] [/tr][tr][td] New Zealand[/td] [td]OFC[/td] [td]2008 OFC Nations Cup winners[/td] [td]3rd[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom