FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 in South Africa

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

Originally Posted by elevenairs

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

No, that's exactly what people are saying. Did you even read the posts above you before you posted, with people saying the US was the better team and outplayed Spain? The hate for USNT is more about the fans. No one talks about USNT on here, and then when they upset a team once every 3 years all the fans come out and talk about how the USNT destroyed the other team and whatnot. That's where the hate comes from. If USNT fans didn't get carried away real soccer fans wouldn't have to put them in their place.
again with the elitist soccer nonsense on this board..."real soccer fans?" to think that if one follows the USNT they could never fully appreciate the beautiful game....no one ever said the US was better than Spain, no one ever said they destroyed anyone...its just whenever somebody has something good to say about the USNT, its some people that always have to come in downplay what happened..the United States just beat a team that hadnt lost in 35 matches...maybe the US doesnt even get a result if they played 10 more against them, but thats not what we're talking about...they for one game, went out and executed their strategy to perfection...yeah they were outplayed for most of the match, Spain was always going to have the greater possession...thats the case for 95% of teams they're going to play, even against teams much better than the US...so they outshot us 29 to 9, at the end of the day there's only one statistic that matters, and the US came out on top...it was not pretty, it was not a particularly a great brand of soccer but it was beautiful all the while...i could care less if their perfomance doesn't please soccer purists, i will take the heart and passion they played with anyday, regardless of the outcome

well said...

well said

Well i guess my point was not spoken in a manner where it could be comprehended. My point was, yes spain is more talented but that day they were not the betterteam. If you create that many chances and cannot finish on a team as bad as USA(as some of you say) you cannot be the better team on the field. The defenseplayed by spain was terrible at times and you gave up two "fluke" goals or whatever you want to call it. If it was a fluke then respond and win thegame. Get over it. Go beat RSA

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by Dat Exclusive Cat

^ People are trying to take away credit from the US just because they have nothing to say. the best team won. They may be less talented but they played
together especially the defense.
The best team did NOT win. Two teams - Spain & USA. USA is the best team? No, they were the better team in that game.

And better not by much since both goals were kind of a fluke anyway (Casillas was lazy on the first and the Spanish defense slept on the second). They were opportunist goals rather than skillful goals or superior coaching. It's not about being salty as some of you NTers say or about taking anything away from the USA. That's just the honest truth.

USA won, but I don't know how this win, from one day to the next, is supposed to eclipse the long history of underachievement by the team or give everyone some kind of high hopes for the coming World Cup, especially given the first two losses from the USA in this tournament.

thats the only thing that matters, being better in that game..this aint no @+!*#*#! 7 game series, the team just has to be better than that other team for onegame.

How many posters in here can possibly not care or not be a fan of the USMNT. This is a national team. I feel like if you live in America an enjoy thebeautiful game that you should care a little about the US team no matter your background. Not saying they have to be your favorite team but there are peoplein here discussing it like they could care less about the team and really don't care if they ever succeed. The haters are in here like we are discussing aclub team or something. You would think the majority of the people would be on the same page and enjoying the great victory. That does not mean that when theUS loses or just plays bad that I don't criticize. Let everyone in here talk about the huge win without the amount of hate. Persia is constantly comingin here with the elitist crap from the beginning of the thread up until now. Just stop it. Just because you don't care or don't like the NT does notmean you are the only one that is able to express an opinion.

As y'all probably know I dont care much about the US NT (I dont live in the US anyways)...but one thing that has bothered me is the U.S. media discreditingthis tourny and the U.S. victory yesterday. I've heard them say that this tourny does not mean much...the same people that say this are the ones that donot know anything about soccer. Tell teams like Spain, Italy, Brazil, Egypt, etc. "this tourny does not mean much" and see the response you get. Iname those 4 countries because all the players have come off EXTREMELY long seasons where they only get a few weeks off a year. This tourny is taking up asignificant part of their off-season and yet all the best players from those teams decided to travel to South Africa (not the sexiest country in the world) toparticipate in this "meaningless" tourny. Most of the Brazilian players play in Europe, and along with the Spainish and Italian players, they'vebeen playing since the end of last July with very little rest in between. At the conclusion of this tourny they'll only have 2-3 weeks off before they haveto report back to their clubs. The Egyptian league is the same way, most of the players have played continously since last summer.

So before people discredit the U.S. win or this tourny, they should stop and think before they make any ludicrous comments. If guys like Torres, Villa, Kakadid not want to show up and play in this tourny, I'd understand this criticism. However every team has sent their absolute best squads and they're init to win.

These same moron critics are the ones who probably did not even watch the match yesterday. Spain played with 100% effort and they did not dog it for one singlesecond. It's not like the U.S. beat a "heartless" Spanish squad.

Also, I think its unrealistic for the U.S. media to say things like "The U.S. must go deep in the World Cup in order to get credit". The U.S. is notat the point where they are WC contenders. Keep expectations realistic, U.S. fans should be happy if they make it out of their group next summer and maybe win1 knockout match. To expect a semi-finals appearance is setting one up for disappointment.

Bam Bam and Carlos T speak the truth.

Sunday Vs Brasil should be a great game. I expect our team to come out ready.

USA let's bring this title home
pimp.gif

I agree with Tevez on that. Honestly as a US fan if we make it out of the group in the World Cup then I will be satisfied with that. I feel that the group willhave to set up well for the team to make it out. We can't make it out of a group similar to the Confed cup group or even a group similar to the one in the'06 World Cup. I feel like US converted on their chances and played with enough heart to get the job done. Not to discredit anything Spain did and I haveseen them play a number of times and they are definitely legit. I wish we would of gotten to see Spain-Brazil match up.(In the 3rd place game of course
laugh.gif
)

Well said Tevez and others... i hate how many Americans are pulling against our national team, using every angle possible to discredit us. But it's notunexpected at this point, as we've mentioned it here on NT for a while now.. just weird, and annoying.

For some reason I thought the Spain-South Africa game was today. All I can hope for is the USA to put out the same kind of effort that they did against Spain.Don't play tentative and lets see what can happen.

I would like to see Torres, but I have come to the believe that ROBOBOB wont put him in. Instead he is going to put in Benny.

Altidore ----------------------- Davies

Feilhaber

Donovan ------------------------------------ Dempsey

Clark

Bocanegra ------------- Gooch ------------ DeMerit ------------ Spector

Howard

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

So before people discredit the U.S. win or this tourny, they should stop and think before they make any ludicrous comments. If guys like Torres, Villa, Kaka did not want to show up and play in this tourny, I'd understand this criticism. However every team has sent their absolute best squads and they're in it to win.

These same moron critics are the ones who probably did not even watch the match yesterday. Spain played with 100% effort and they did not dog it for one single second. It's not like the U.S. beat a "heartless" Spanish squad.

Also, I think its unrealistic for the U.S. media to say things like "The U.S. must go deep in the World Cup in order to get credit". The U.S. is not at the point where they are WC contenders. Keep expectations realistic, U.S. fans should be happy if they make it out of their group next summer and maybe win 1 knockout match. To expect a semi-finals appearance is setting one up for disappointment.
Good stuff.

People don't realize how big . KaKa, Robinho,Torres,Villa are. They're huge stars. It is so annoying to hear people talk out of their #$# like this isnot a a big tournament. For the United States to have gotten this far and beat a far superior Spain team is huge. This is so big for all the players, they wantnothing more to win this and win it for their country. Everyone is bringing their best teams/players.

And I never understood how people can expect so much from the US when were really not even close to some of these teams. Like you said, for us to get out ofour group would be an accomplishment to me. It just is annoying hearing some of these people.

No one watching? Daniel Guiza just saved Spain from leaving this tourney in 4th place... 2 goals in 2 mins.

eek.gif
at the last minute. Spain looked like they were gonna lose this game,but Guiza scored 2 goal within 2 (maybe 1) minutes. The second goal looked like a cross that floated over the goalkeeper and went in off the side post.

Back
Top Bottom