Fast and Furious 6 - May 24th $317 Million Worldwide Opening WOWZERS

I still can't believe they just "jumped" off the car and that was supposed to make a difference in that giant *** fall :lol:

When I first saw that clip, I assume they HAD to be wearing parachutes or something :lol:

The ending scene was so ridiculous (in a good way) that I didn't even notice the infinite runway Lol.

There were definitely people in my theater clapping after the bridge gap scene

Word.

Tokyo Drift was one of the best IMO. Still not touching 5 or 6 though.

It stuck to the roots of racing, placed in the country that most of the imports come from and introduced the newest craze (at the time) drifting to the series.

agreed :smokin

that teriyaki boys song :lol: :pimp:

diesel and walker surviving that jump off the bridge :lol:

you could make a case that thats just as ridiculous as the bridge gap scene in 6.

the lugging around the vault was just as ridiculous if not more than the infinite runway

Those vaults destroyed most of Rio and killed hundreds of people. They still got away with it :lol:

The ending scene was so ridiculous (in a good way) that I didn't even notice the infinite runway Lol.

There were definitely people in my theater clapping after the bridge gap scene
Same at mine.

I didn't even clap, I was still in shocked that they even let that happen. I know its a movie, but dom throwing on his cape and catch Letti like a football, really Justin really my *****?! :smh:

The Runway scene lasted so long though, lol, I didnt even notice the infinite runway and how it stops about 30 yards short of the end of it, :lol:

Tell me this though, how does Tyrese, Han and Luda get there 5 series wrecked the **** up, but the next scene have ZERO scratches :wow: :wow: :lol:, them 3 shouldn't even be breathing

Last edited:
This movie was WAY too over the top for me, :lol:.

From Tyrese jumping off a tank onto a moving car, to Dom leaping across a bridge and catching Letty...

I don't even know what to say, :lol:.

I love how Rock and Dom hit that dude w/ the Hawk and Animal Doomsday Device in that one fight scene, :rofl:.

I damn near pissed my self.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched Tokyo Drift today and I enjoyed it. Tokyo is one nice looking city

It's even more amazing to see in person

If you look back at 3, you see a driver surrounded by witnesses at the Benz after he hit Han. It was definitely just some random Japanese guy. They did a big overhead shot. Unless they were looking for the driver...

I was only one at the movie laughing when The Rock said, "I want to come down like the walls of Jericho" :lol:

Straight off imdb site "After more than a decade, Universal‘s “Fast and Furious” franchise has proven itself a force to be reckoned with at the box office, with the series’ sixth installment collecting north of $300 million globally opening weekend." :smokin

Loved the movie. Me and my wife said we would definitely pay to go see it again.

I have convinced myself that the superman jump from Dom was due to the speed of his car as it hit the bridge propelled him and his momentum to the other side and land safefully with Letty :D

I agree with the people saying that some of you guys are taking this movie too literal. All of these movies have unrealistic stunts in them, but just like the cheesy comedy/punch lines you have to accept them as part of the series.

All you guys liking 2F2F...don't forget Brian & Rome drove the Camaro off the pier into the yacht to save Eva Mendez at the end of it and only sustained a hurt arm and the yacht stayed in tact for the most part :lol:

Opening numbers are sick...who would have thought when F&F first dropped that it would turn into the franchise that it has become? 

hangover can wait for redbox treatment.......not spending money on it this time after that 2nd joint

and seriously what were they thinking opening same weekend as f&f???

whose bright idea.......lmao

Last edited:
Worldwide gross was $317 million, it pooped all over Hangover 3 at $82 million

Ouccccccch

Wonder if the exec who decided to open against Fast 6 still has a job today
I mean it felt safe at the time...but actually looking back on it I would have expected Hangover to crush F&F 6 at the box office. 

But damn...
mean.gif

The Hangover franchise fizzled out something serious. 

I'ma have to look it up, but I swore that Hangover 3 had that date first and FF6 moved they release to the same weekend.

I mean it felt safe at the time...but actually looking back on it I would have expected Hangover to crush F&F 6 at the box office. 

But damn...
mean.gif

The Hangover franchise fizzled out something serious. 

I thought the opposite I expected Fast 6 to crush the Hangover

Fast Five was well received whole Hangover 2 was panned

They target the same demographic so it was easy to see this happening in my eyes

Back
Top Bottom