Fast and Furious 6 - May 24th $317 Million Worldwide Opening WOWZERS

When Dom caught Lettie in mid air I was
indifferent.gif

Get outta here, Tokyo Drift was piffery.

No cop nonsense, just good ol' drift racing :pimp:
The only thing good about TD was the drifting and ol girl
Other then that, straight doo doo
So I am supposed to believe the yakuza settle money disputes by drifting down a damn mountain with Sonny Chiba as a boss, lol
Edit: but his street fighter movies are piffery
sonny-chiba-hands-o.gif

Last edited:

The only thing good about TD was the drifting and ol girl
Other then that, straight doo doo
So I am supposed to believe the yakuza settle money disputes by drifting down a damn mountain with Sonny Chiba as a boss, lol
Edit: but his street fighter movies are piffery
sonny-chiba-hands-o.gif

You basically described the movie. Okay.

As soon as I saw Jason Statham, I thought they were bringing in his character from "The Transporter" :lol:

I liked the scene where the Elf-looking chick on Shaw's team double-backed and winked at Paul Walker's character after demolishing his ride. Swag :pimp:

Saw the movie today and it was ****** good :smokin

I feel like Statham plays the same character in every movie :lol:

Y'all think they planned for Jason to be the guy who hit Han? come on now

word, only reason they did that was too clean up that filth tokyo drift.

Word.

Tokyo Drift was one of the best IMO. Still not touching 5 or 6 though.

It stuck to the roots of racing, placed in the country that most of the imports come from and introduced the newest craze (at the time) drifting to the series.

Last edited:
Y'all think they planned for Jason to be the guy who hit Han? come on now

word, only reason they did that was too clean up that filth tokyo drift.

Word.

It stuck to the roots of racing, placed in the country that most of the imports come from and introduced the newest craze (at the time) drifting to the series.

THIS.

I actually can't believe how many of y'all don't like Tokyo Drift.

On an unrelated note, I would pay money to see Jason Statham in a comedy.

Last edited:
Word.

I watched Tokyo Drift today and I enjoyed it. Tokyo is one nice looking city

some dude on FB said this was the worst movie they ever made and how Universal ruined the entire series...his reason the the unrealistic stunts they pulled :rolleyes

Yes, it had great cars and drifting, but that was really it.... and Han was cool. The lead actor has less stage presence than a sack of potatoes and Bow Wow doesn't get killed in the first 30 seconds.

Sure, it went back to the street racing roots, but the franchise was half racing and half hilariously stupid Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. 2 Fast has it's moments because it's a dumb buddy comedy with Walker and Tyrese, but Tokyo tried just to stick to racing and it was weaker because of it.

4, 5, 6 were in on the joke and realized you can make it a bigger action franchise while keeping the racing/car element and the awesome Diesel and Walker stuff. And that's what made the first one so great. All the cheesy emotional moments, all the corny dialogue, and then they added absurd action scenes that defy the laws of physics :lol:

Last edited:
Besides the bank vault scene in 5, which stunts or scenes have been THAT unbelievable? Every person ive asked has admitted that 6 was a bit much on certain scenes, especially the bridge gap scene.

Yes, it had great cars and drifting, but that was really it.... and Han was cool. The lead actor has less stage presence than a sack of potatoes and Bow Wow doesn't get killed in the first 30 seconds.

Sure, it went back to the street racing roots, but the franchise was half racing and half hilariously stupid Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. 2 Fast has it's moments because it's a dumb buddy comedy with Walker and Tyrese, but Tokyo tried just to stick to racing and it was weaker because of it.

4, 5, 6 were in on the joke and realized you can make it a bigger action franchise while keeping the racing/car element and the awesome Diesel and Walker stuff. And that's what made the first one so great. All the cheesy emotional moments, all the corny dialogue, and then they added absurd action scenes that defy the laws of physics :lol:
All of this
Can't believe dudes in here acting like TD is their favorite all of a sudden because it had drifting, all these movies had that element and racing but I go to movies for stories and laughs and imagination, I am glad for the switch up, if I want to see "real street racing" I am not looking towards FF to satisfy my appetite, I'll go to hin or watch an actual drift event tape
TD by far had the most asinine story that made no sense, killed one of the best characters, made a mockery of yakuza culture, made one of my childhood " karate flick" heroes cannon fodder, bow wow getting spit on, etc...
But I guess to each there own but stop with that racing argument because if your truly looking for your racing fix from these movies I suggest you stop drinking that Molly water
Who the hell wants to seat through an entire movie just about racing, one wasnt even just about racing except for Dom's speech, the whole set up of this franchise even in TD was family, not racing, they used racing as a back drop and a cultural phenomenon at the time to tell a story of loyalty and family... That's the common thread in all these movies
I guarantee after TD bombed Justin Lin was like " I gotta do something to make this crap *** movie relevant to the story and franchise", even he knew that TD was the down point of all these stories
FLOCKA, I DON'T CARE
waka-flocka-flame-o.gif

Last edited:
Besides the bank vault scene in 5, which stunts or scenes have been THAT unbelievable? Every person ive asked has admitted that 6 was a bit much on certain scenes, especially the bridge gap scene.

diesel and walker surviving that jump off the bridge :lol:

you could make a case that thats just as ridiculous as the bridge gap scene in 6.

the lugging around the vault was just as ridiculous if not more than the infinite runway

Back
Top Bottom