FanDuel Vol. The Best/Worst Thing To Happen to Fantasy Sports

Thanks dude ill have to check out the app.

This is my one lineup for today. 50/50 for a really small amount. I was tempted to go Lebron and A. Davis as well but decided not to :lol:

Somehow was able to get Monta, Davis, Bosh, and Dirk all in one lineup. Might have to go big tonight

this **** so frustrating..the one night i kill, hibbert gets hurt first quarter and lebron puts up a "dud" :lol:

wasted a great effort from harden and vucevic smh

Last edited:
Lots of good values today:

DJ Augustin 4000- With Jennings out, DJ is gonna hit value

Humphries 4200 - With Nene out, Hump will probably start, if not, he'll get enough minutes to hit value

Mirotic 3700- just 200 above minimum, with Taj out, Mirotic is going to get all his minutes. Noah is questionable. If he gets the start he's going to go over value, if he comes off the bench he'll definitely hit value with huge upside

Afflalo 5200- Foye out, Afflalo could play 40+ minutes or Shaw will have to get more creative with his lineups

Mozgov 4900- With Mcgee and Nurkif out, no on else to play center against a big Chicago front line. Mozgov will get his fill and hit value at least.

Sessions/Collison-  As of now collison is questionable so sessions will have good value if Collison is a no go.

Derrick Williams 3500- at minimum salary, with Rudy gay out, Williams will hit value.

Sessions/Collison-  As of now collison is questionable so sessions will have good value if Collison is a no go.
No, take it from a Kings fan, this guy is a god damn bum. Wouldn't be surprised if he got you negative points even when he's playing as a starter

Almost put up 300 for the first time last night, but only played in a 1 dollar 50/50. Oh well.

You have to be stupid to not put Cousins in your lineup 

Values for Friday to consider: (Check injury reports to see if anything changed)

DJ Augustin 4100- If Jennings is out.. Jennings shooting hand injured DJ has went: 19/3/6 11/2/7 which both hit value at 4100.

Casspi 4200 -  if Gay out. With the start has went for: 14/7/2, 22/4/1

Isaiah canan 4300- boom or bust, feast or famine starting PG for houston in beverlys stead

Brewer 4700- One of my favorite values. Since Kevin Martin is out indefinitely, Brewer has drawn the start and put up reasonable numbers. Brewer on Friday is against the team that lets up the most points in the NBA, Lakers.

Mozgov 4900- Mcgee is out indefinitely, Nurkic is out as well, Mozgov is the last C standing and will hit value with good upside (especially against Phoenix, Faster tempo = more points for everyone, rebounds)

Afflalo 5200- Since Randy Foyes' injury, Afflalo finds himself with more minutes at SG and has played 42,32,35 minutes. He has all the opportunity to hit value and then some, facing Phoenix helps too.

Mo Williams 5500- Rubio is out until Christmas at least and Mo has been hitting value, he's also Vs the Lakers...

If you need additional values, consider Minnesota players vs Lakers, NYK guards vs OKC (With Melo out JR smith is starting at SF, other guards getting more minutes), and Denver vs Phoenix players as both teams will try to run and have a very high scoring game --> inflated stats

Last edited:
Values to consider for Monday:

Matt Barnes 3500 - It's the minimum salary. Playing against a below average defensive team in Minnesota that pushes the pace. Even if Clips blow them out, Barnes could still see play time.

Kris Humphries 4100 - If Nene is out,  humphries should grab good rebounds vs small miami frontcourt.

KJ Mcdaniels 4500- 21/13/1/1/2 was his last game. With Tony Wroten out, KJ is taking on a lot more minutes and flourishing. With that said, he has a tough matchup in San Antonio.

Corey Brewer 4900 - vs LAC, it's going to be a fast paced, high scoring game. Brewer has favorable matchups on the wing facing Redick, Barnes. Minutes are his with not enough healthy bodies (Rubio, Martin, Pekovic injured)

Afflalo 5200-  With Foye out, Afflalo will consistently hit  value. Decent matchup against Utah.

Mo Williams 5500- It's a back to back against LAC. For 5500, Mo's going to put up enough #s in this fast paced game to hit value.

Just peeped this thread...finally tried this out for the first time over the weekend...

..what's the biggest prizes some of you have ever won...:nerd:

Just peeped this thread...finally tried this out for the first time over the weekend...

Like 2 weeks after I started playing last year I won $3k by placing first in a 3500 person tourney with a $10 buy in. I was on top of the world, thought that it couldn't get any easier. BUT, I'd have to advise you against chasing those big prizes :lol:. I haven't come close to even sniffing that type of prize this season (I only play NFL). I realize now that you have to get extremely lucky to win one of those big tourneys. You're much better off playing in 50/50s or smaller 10-20 person leagues. The money will come slower, but you can win in those types of games much more consistently. Slow money > Fast money.

Last edited:

Like 2 weeks after I started playing last year I won $3k by placing first in a 3500 person tourney with a $10 buy in. I was on top of the world, thought that it couldn't get any easier. BUT, I'd have to advise you against chasing those big prizes :lol:. I haven't come close to even sniffing that type of prize this season (I only play NFL). I realize now that you have to get extremely lucky to win one of those big tourneys. You're much better off playing in 50/50s or smaller 10-20 person leagues. The money will come slower, but you can win in those types of games much more consistently. Slow money > Fast money.
swapped d

yeah this. I had a crazy team yesterday (Had Stills, hopkins, Mason, Bell, fleener) and still placed off from the big prize (20k entry tourney). Just shows you how difficult and lucky it is to win big prizes

Its difficult but you can make a decent comeup just playing 50/50's

^My very first try I put 5$ down in a tournament. Won 300$. Now I do 50-50s with 1-2$ entry in tournaments. Here's all the contests I entered last night:

^ dude lemme get some info. i used to be dumb on 50/50s until i realize you choose your teams much different than prize tourneys.

prize tourneys you pick guys who will be underowned but you need 1-2 guys who are "risks".

cash games like 50/50's just play it safe..

^That's exactly it, you gotta pick the "safe" guys.  I try to make sure my "value" players I put in are likely to put up 20 points minimum. You're not going to attempt the Boris Diaw type picks with 50/50 because a guy putting up 5 points is the hard to win with. There are a couple general strategies I stick with. Teams vs LAL @ LA, because LA  is unlikely to get blown out at home and they're still not going to play a lick of defense. Big guys vs Phi, Miami cause there front courts are small. If two fast-paced teams are playing against each other like LAL vs Phi for example, you can take Lin,Kobe, Hill, MCW and those are going to be locks to hit value and then some, so abuse the matchups. I don't mess with guys in general who are coming off the bench. I bet 50$ a day and I'm on the tortoise slow, but sure come up

I lost a decent amount of money playing earlier this year for the first time. I was just being stupid and not doin any research.I took a break and came back for this NBA season and have been winning consistently.

I usually only do 1$ 50/50's just because it's less stress and more fun. But I'm planning on doing more money once I get confident.

Like said above, I go with dudes that are going to get minutes. I realized that you don't wanna go for the long shots in a 50/50 because you only need to be in the op half, not first.

yup. I only pick guys like gerald green, crawford, Amare, Isiah Thomas in big prize tourneys because those guys win you those big prizes because people are scared to choose guys like that who can easily put up a dud or go off for 35 points while less than 3% of people owned them.

but i always go with centers against Miami/Bucks/Hawks/Suns/Denver/Sixers.

They get crush everynight because they cant defend the position.

if you do the research, you'll place everynight in 50/50's unless a player gets ejected or ****.

Plus, one player getting into foul trouble can **** you up big time. Another reason why I dont trust guys like cousins or drummond alot

For Tuesday: No matter what your lineup is you have to have Grevis Vasquez in your lineup for 3900

Wednesdays' values to consider - Top picks:

Jason Terry 3800- Starting at the point vs Memphis, not the best matchup. Put in 35 minutes last game and had a really good game, Beverly, Canaan still out. Solid play at 3800

Grevis Vasquez 3900- Since Derozans been out, he's been starting. He's a lock  to hit value

KJ Mcdaniels 4700- vs Minnesota

Corey Brewer 5000- vs Philly

Mo Williams 5500- vs Philly 

Others to consider:

Matt Barnes 3500- Minimum salary, should hit value. Vs Orlando

James Johnson 3900- Since Derozans out, JJ has been seeing a lot more run, and contributing.Went 19/7 on Tuesday in 28 minutes. 

Josh Mcbob - 25+ mins, cheap

Tyler Zeller- draws the start

Cody Zeller- I think draws start against Chi

Rodney Hood 3500- Alec Burks out, hood starting for Burks

Kyle O' Quinn- If Vucevic doesn't start, posted a double-double in tuesdays game.

One strategy I'm implementing today is going for the highest scoring game (Phi vs Minny) and playing as many guys as I can from those teams.

Lots of good value today, good luck.

Back
Top Bottom