F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Yes, forgot to talk about that! That was seriously scary... tire just knocked the guy down like a ragdoll... dislocated shoulder, cracked ribs and concussion... 

His back was towards it the whole time so probably had NO idea what hit him.

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Wait, so Felipe's retirement was due to driver error? :nerd: :smh:

Yeah, the camera man got nailed hard! Tyre came off the hub with a lot of momentum. And the car didnt hit the pit lane speed limit yet. :x
Hope he's well.

^I've seen Kimi's hair cut last week too. i thought he'll do something about it from the heat he's getting from social media :lol:

RB should be fined heavily for that blunder! a serious hit like that could end up really bad :smh:

This was Kimi at Silverstone!

Kimi+Raikkonen+F1+Grand+Prix+Great+Britain+besxGiGDsAix.jpg

The weird thing with the tire was how it was just rolling along, then it hit presumably a wheel gun, bounced up, then the camera guy! 

The FIA has banned media and 'non-essential personnel' from Grand Prix pit lanes after a cameraman was injured at last Sunday's German Grand Prix.

A loose wheel from the car of Red Bull's Mark Webber struck cameraman Paul Allen, breaking his collarbone.

The ban, issued by Formula 1's ruling body, covers "anyone other than event marshals and team personnel".

On Monday, F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone said that cameramen would only be allowed to film from the pit lane wall.

Other media will also be kept out of the pit lane, with the FIA saying in a statement: "Access for approved media will be confined to the pit wall."

Sunday's incident occurred as Red Bull driver Webber was leaving the pits following a tyre change that had taken longer than usual.

The Australian was released without the right rear wheel being properly secured and after it came free of the car it bounced into Allen, striking the Briton from behind.

The FIA also announced that it will seek an immediate change to regulations so that all team personnel working on cars during pit stops wear head protection, and that the speed limit in the pits is reduced from 100 kmh to 80 kmh.

Seems a bit of an over-reaction. Won't prevent it happening again. They need to look at the cause - not the effect.

4 titles in a row man.

The Red Bull F1 machine is serious :smh:

Be interesting to see how it plays out if Kimi lands there next season.

For what he lacks in enthusiasm he makes up for with pace. It might prove problematic for Seb and the team as it was when Mark was in championship contention a few seasons ago.

But if they settle for someone less proven, i.e one of the Torro Rosso boys, they might lose their strangle hold on the constructors championship.

Exactly. While, the tire did jump up cuz it rolled over a camera, eliminating camera men from the pitlane won't make the pitlane less dangerous. Knee-jerk reaction, which changes nothing.

If not Kimi, then Ricciardo... he's been so solid this season. Good for him. 

Seems a bit of an over-reaction. Won't prevent it happening again. They need to look at the cause - not the effect.

This. Too much of a knee-jerk reaction, IMO.

Will this mark the end of Ted's Notebook? :\

Yes, Ricciardo would definitely be a good replacement for Mark if Kimi doesn't leave Lotus.

Check out those old laptops (complete with old-er McLaren engineers)! :wow: :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that the other day!  And from what I hear, it's necessary cuz the old cars run on old software, so naturally they're gonna need machines that have old OS/firmware! Makes a lot of sense! 

Last edited:
^ Just had to use the more senior members of the McLaren crew to complete that nostalgic effect, don't they? :tongue:

Yup, seen this yesterday. Codemasters just went all NBA 2K on us. Retro mode :lol: :\

Just hope this year's edition doesn't need 1238384793284938202498091 patches in order for everything to work as it should (PC guys should know).

Last edited:
There's this guy that works at my job who used to race in Germany. I think he said it was Formula Renault, his name is Marcel del Rosario. He said he could put me on, should I take the chance? :nerd:

There's this guy that works at my job who used to race in Germany. I think he said it was Formula Renault, his name is Marcel del Rosario. He said he could put me on, should I take the chance? :nerd:

I would give it my best shot. If it doesn't work out at least you went for it :smokin

Last edited:
I would give it my best shot. If it doesn't work out at least you went for it :smokin

What's the catch? Is there a catch?

There is no catch, we never talked about one. He's 31 and willing to teach me, he has karting experience and I told him that I don't. He says that I have to go to the Skip Barber Racing School for the 3 day class in order to get my domestic formula racing license. But that **** is 4k and I don't have that right now. I'm stuck in a dilemma, I need to find a way to get my family out the hood but I really don't know what to do. Plus I have no car, I use public transportation to get around and that **** sucks.

In other news... looks like Bernie's going to be behind bars, soon. :nerd:

I heard about this earlier on Sky.

How bad is it?

I always thought dudes with his kind of cake don't go to jail unless they did something extra reckless like sell some keys...

^ :lol:

Btw, Steam just took 75% off on F1 2012. Goes for $9.99 at the moment. Four hours left on the deal.

Last edited:
^ I think so (digital downloads only). I don't really use the platform much. But definitely a lot of good deals on there right now. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom