F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

^ It was supposedly recorded from the dyno... but there are things to consider like the exhaust layout and the fact that it was in an enclosed room.  
Lets just wait till the first test...

I did't think F1 was a realistic goal... some of these kids started karting when they were 5-6yrs and moved on thru the different series from there.  You're late-teens-early-20's I think?  Maybe some recreational racing, but F1 was never gonna happen. 

Damn, what did he steal!?

**** those privileged, silver spoon kids. So I can't work my butt off and reach the top? :lol:

Yea I just turned 21 a couple months ago, I guess I'll just stick to football then :D

The guy was a cashier and was basically stealing money from the store. He was literally stealing money from the register and letting people leave with merchandise without paying. He did this along with other people from the store, they had a little theft ring going on.

everything is synchronized so seamlessly :x :smokin

**** those privileged, silver spoon kids. So I can't work my butt off and reach the top?
laugh.gif

Yea I just turned 21 a couple months ago, I guess I'll just stick to football then
happy.gif

A great deal of money is needed, but it's not necessarily the issue as there have been many successful drivers who didn't have a wealthy background. 

Ultimately, it's a sport where one has to start at a very young age.  The junior categories... it's where one builds their race-craft.. the racing experience... the racing instincts.  It's something you develop when you're a kid... not as a young-adult.  

I guess it's the same for footy... that's why those Barca 10-year olds are so good... they get groomed from a very young age and instinctively know what to do on the pitch...

at this point, its not about money anymore but your developmental stage is way past over you.
F1 is not a sport like basketball that you can start late and grow for 5-10 inches and be still good at it.

thats why just like any endeavor not just only in sports, starting very early is important to have an early foundation. its great as a kid if you have the talent but if not, developing skills as early possible is a big factor. once that developmental is over theres no goin back. even if you have talent and its not develop early, you'll just out grow it and reaching the full potential will be just a big what if.

in Brazil, mainly in Rio, parents there bring their kids to the beaches to teach them, but not to walk, not to say mom or dad but how to kick a ball. as early as the baby can stand on its own, parents there teach their kids early to have that instinct on kicking a ball
their football skills are being develop right away even earlier than the babys completed first step.

**** those privileged, silver spoon kids. So I can't work my butt off and reach the top? :lol:

Yea I just turned 21 a couple months ago, I guess I'll just stick to football then :D

A great deal of money is needed, but it's not necessarily the issue as there have been many successful drivers who didn't have a wealthy background. 

Ultimately, it's a sport where one has to start at a very young age.  The junior categories... it's where one builds their race-craft.. the racing experience... the racing instincts.  It's something you develop when you're a kid... not as a young-adult.  

I guess it's the same for footy... that's why those Barca 10-year olds are so good... they get groomed from a very young age and instinctively know what to do on the pitch...

at this point, its not about money anymore but your developmental stage is way past over you.
F1 is not a sport like basketball that you can start late and grow for 5-10 inches and be still good at it.

thats why just like any endeavor not just only in sports, starting very early is important to have an early foundation. its great as a kid if you have the talent but if not, developing skills as early possible is a big factor. once that developmental is over theres no goin back. even if you have talent and its not develop early, you'll just out grow it and reaching the full potential will be just a big what if.

in Brazil, mainly in Rio, parents there bring their kids to the beaches to teach them, but not to walk, not to say mom or dad but how to kick a ball. as early as the baby can stand on its own, parents there teach their kids early to have that instinct on kicking a ball
their football skills are being develop right away even earlier than the babys completed first step.
good bye guys

good bye guys

:lol: take it easy, bro.

amazing how many people are brought up just to do these sports all their lives... and yet most don't make it. :\ How entire families make sacrifices for one kid to get him into the big leagues is nuts (like Lewis and family).

Even basketball in my country... some athletes are invested in the gradeschool level :x

In F1 it's either you've got to be extremely talented, have a ton of rich sponsors, or have daddy buy you a seat. Just ask Max Chilton. :lol:

Last edited:
Juvenile.... 
laugh.gif

Looks like Ricciardo to RBR's gaining traction... No surprise, really.

F1 is officially back from the break. :D :smokin

Good to see Rubens at the Ferrari garage.

Max Chilton way off the pace :x

Last edited:
Definitely loving the new presentation by Fox Sports HD. Much better than Star Sports. :pimp:

All they have to add is the Sky Sports Pre- and Post- race coverage and it'll be awesome.

I didn't subscribe to the HD-service. 
mean.gif

Using their pre & post show would be too much to ask for. Paula, Alex, Sanjeev and whoever would be outta work! LOL

That was a pretty $%(#ing insane quali... really wanted to Paul and Jense to hang on there.  How the hell did the find over 1 second in the end there!? Meh.

That was a pretty $%(#ing insane quali... really wanted to Paul and Jense to hang on there.  How the hell did the find over 1 second in the end there!? Meh.

In the final minute, spray was just everywhere... then everything just went clear. :\ :rolleyes

Lucky bastards.

Ferrari might still have a chance tomorrow if the track is drenched. :lol:

I didn't subscribe to the HD-service. 
mean.gif

Using their pre & post show would be too much to ask for. Paula, Alex, Sanjeev and whoever would be outta work! LOL

Well, we just switched cable providers, and fortunately they have the HD service included. Fairly reasonable pricing, too. Finally getting some good video quality on my TV.

Well, definitely appreciate Martin Brundle's Grid Walk and Ted's Notebook. Natalie Pinkham's segments aren't bad, either. :smokin Definitely makes the drivers less uptight. :lol:

And I really like how they're really up close and personal with the team principals and the like -during the race/session, too. Definitely adds another dimension to the viewing experience.

It really is just in-depth.

BBC is pretty good as well. DC and Eddie Jordan are hilarious. Damon Hill, though... zzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Welp....I'll see you guys next season.

By the way, I fear that both Maldonado and di Resta are on their way out of F1 |I

Just a dominant race by Seb. :x Unfortunate for Kimi. Guess Maldonado and Grosjean are back to being asshats. :lol: Poor Paul Di Resta. Jenson had a good result.

Positive result for Ferrari and Alonso, surely. If they did have a higher grid position from qualifying it would've been a closer battle. Pace was pretty matched for most of the race.

Hopefully the turnaround continues at Monza. Hope it's not too late. :\

Mark just confirmed Daniel Ricciardo as his replacement at RBR.

A tear-off ruined Kimi's race, are you #$%*ing me? 

Really?! Wow. :smh:

Belgian GP: Visor tear-off led to Kimi Raikkonen's Lotus retiring

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, August 25th 2013, 16:13 GMT

Kimi Raikkonen retires, Belgian GP 2013, Spa
Lotus suspects that a blocked brake cooling duct caused by a loose visor tear-off led to Kimi Raikkonen's retirement from the Belgian Grand Prix.

Raikkonen suffered from an overheating left front brake duct shortly after the start of the race at Spa-Francorchamps.

AUTOSPORT has learned that at the first pitstop, the team discovered the visor tear-off lodged in the cooling channels of the brake duct.

Although Lotus was able to remove it, the brake disc was already too hot and could not be cooled enough. Eventually it failed completely.

Investigations by the team after the race discovered no other explanation for the brake issues, which led it to believe that the visor strip was the cause.

Team principal Eric Boullier said there was no design problem with the brake cooling on the Lotus, even though it had been operating in a high temperature window.

"We know that we have two options on cooling here: one was nearly too cool, one was on the top of the range," Boullier told AUTOSPORT.

"If the failure had happened on both discs then you would think that the cooling was wrong, but it was only on one disc."

These are great in that they're funny, entertaining and educational! 

Yeah, I know they're meant for kids, but they're definitely good content to get the young ones interested. A werewolf, though? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom