F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Would’ve been nice to see Lewis catch Checo

McLaren is real :nthat:

Ric probably could’ve finished in the points if Zhou ain’t take him out :smh:

🙌🙌🙌 LFG!!! Would have loved to have seen Oscar up there as well, but another great drive by grumpy Lando. 😅

Mercs were rocketships on lowfuel. 😮

Lewis blew it but it would have helped if George was up front.

And am I hearing this correctly- Aston Martin broke the cost cap and sporting penalties are in play for violations (a year too late) now?

I love seeing El Plan play out as intended 🤣

Parity is more fun. If people are really tired of one team winning all the time, parity is the only answer. Not cutting testing, not playing games with tire allocation (even though ATA was fun) not a cost cap without sporting penalties.

European sports have a hilariously hard time understanding what their sports as a whole stand to gain from parity.

Although I agree with the Capex structure Vowels talked about more in depth on Beyond the Grid Podcast- Alpha Tauri should not benefit whatsoever from any of this as their existence is an unfair advantage to Red Bull.

I want to see Alpha Tauri sold to the highest bidder. Enough with Red Bull being allowed to have two teams on the grid crap.

8/10ths... FFS.

Expected a bit more from my Maccas, but just didn't have it. Track evo probably hurt them a bit as well Oh well.

Checo nearly nine tenths behind his teammate and still gets the front row :lol: Ferraris looking fairly quick though, hope they can fight him and get a double podium

Great job by Lewis, definitely think he made the right choice between the two Mercs for the lower downforce rear wing for the weekend, might not be the best for the sprint tomorrow but I don't think it'll really rain much if at all during the race on Sunday.

Oscar Pastry showing why he's the real deal :nthat:

It’s hilarious how F1 talking heads are completely silent on George Russell’s mediocre performance this season, but when he was taking advantage of Lewis running experimental set ups last season, idiots like Karun Chandhok would not stop taking the situation out of context.

Russell is really good and I think he’s as good as Leclerc who gets a lot more praise (rightfully so), but I really dislike how he gets a pass for poor performance and seems to only exist in the media’s mind when he causes a crash or outperforms Lewis by small margins.

Also- Pastry beating Norris by 3 tenths 👀

IMG_5483.jpeg

Randomly came across a vlog of a guy who went to the Canadian GP and he pulled out this book. Just got it in today. Pretty sick.

Last edited:
It’s hilarious how F1 talking heads are completely silent on George Russell’s mediocre performance this season, but when he was taking advantage of Lewis running experimental set ups last season, idiots like Karun Chandhok would not stop taking the situation out of context.

Russell is really good and I think he’s as good as Leclerc who gets a lot more praise (rightfully so), but I really dislike how he gets a pass for poor performance and seems to only exist in the media’s mind when he causes a crash or outperforms Lewis by small margins.

Also- Pastry beating Norris by 3 tenths 👀
Because Russell isn’t afraid to bin his car into Max’s. Media is gonna love a guy wiling to make things interesting

Back
Top Bottom