F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

:smh: @ the Fraud Bull first row

JB in 10th can still make the podium. He better have a good tyre strategy, just watch :tongue:

:rofl: @ calling Nico Britney

Uh-oh. The Finger is back. :smh:

How good this W04?.. RB looks like not slowing down anytime soon, seb still fast. both ferrari driver looks pretty fast too.

Im still rooting for LH..:smokin

Ah, missed this, but there's a new girl for Star... Michelle Holland?  Have no idea who she is though.

Nico Rosberg explaining carefully to the fans what tyre graining is. Thought it sounded like one of his YouTube videos. :lol:

Great race by Lotus! Kimi :smokin

Vettle is scary on open track, Ferrari looks really great this year. LH and merc did a good job on this race, hope they can improve more before the season ends.

^Bahaha... that was great.
ESPN Star Sports broadcasting the entire Sky Sports broadcast all weekend long this season.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Not the whole package. The pre-post show will still be Paula and Alex.  Plus they didn't show Martin's Gridwalk, which is the best bit, really.

^Bahaha... that was great.
Not the whole package. The pre-post show will still be Paula and Alex.  Plus they didn't show Martin's Gridwalk, which is the best bit, really.

Oh, I didn't notice that, since I missed the race start. Got home with the race 31 laps in. Was suprising Red Bull dropped down the grid. Seems like the Supersofts are only good for qualifying. Strong showing for both Force India drivers in the race. Ferrari finally have a shot at taking the fight to the Red Bulls. :smokin Just need to work on the qualifying pace. Tough weekend for McLaren, but they will hopefully bounce back eventually. Wish Mark Webber had a better showing for his home crowd.

Yeah, Martin's Grid Walk is awesome. Bernie's not a fan, though. :rolleyes :lol: At least we have a FREE and better-quality live stream of the race proper (with Sky Sports commentary to boot) care of ESPN Star Sports now. :pimp:

Can't wait for next weekend! :pimp:

Last edited:
:smokin :smokin

Star needs a lil bit of tweak on their coverage. they did skip the gridwalk :smh:

Webber as always a poor starter :x

I think Star only "purchased" the commentary bits, while Martin's Gridwalk is a part of the Sky F1 Build-up Show package, hence probably why it wasn't included. 

Anyway, I can't believe Sutil had a decent shot there for a top-5 finish... blown by that final stint on options, I think.  Adrian with the blue-flags... LOL.

Dreadful day for McLaren, but made up by Kimi's surprising win.  Good to see that RBR wasn't as fast as expected, but this really isn't a track to gauge this.  Hopefully Malaysia will suit McLaren better. 

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+kZAp_3zgcBJx.jpg

I think Star only "purchased" the commentary bits, while Martin's Gridwalk is a part of the Sky F1 Build-up Show package, hence probably why it wasn't included. 

Anyway, I can't believe Sutil had a decent shot there for a top-5 finish... blown by that final stint on options, I think.  Adrian with the blue-flags... LOL.

Dreadful day for McLaren, but made up by Kimi's surprising win.  Good to see that RBR wasn't as fast as expected, but this really isn't a track to gauge this.  Hopefully Malaysia will suit McLaren better. 

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+kZAp_3zgcBJx.jpg

Yeah blue flags for both Force Indias. :lol: Marshalls weren't used to them in front of the Ferraris and Red Bulls. Sutil definitely had a good race up until the final bit. Force India showing flashes of brilliance like last season. Might be the next Red Bull in the making if they keep this up.

I'm just hoping the Red Bulls continue to be unkind to their tyres. :lol:

Good to see Kimi win, but the last few years have turned F1 into a joke imo. The tire situation is laughable. They need to go back to refueling instead of tires that only last 5 laps smh. Limit the number of guys that can be in the box and bring a bit of skill into the pit stops. I hate hate hate DRS. What a joke, a free pass button.

Finally had time to watch the race. Couldn't watch it live since it was being broadcasted from 2-4 AM :x :x

Anyways JB in 9th and Checo in 11th? :x :smh: Horrible start

If you guys thought that last years tyres were trash, this year's are even worse :smh:

Adrian Sutil showing out in the first race :wow:

Nice win for the Iceman, I think this season is going to start like last season. With different winners every race :nerd:

Cool graphic on how the race progressed for each driver. Look at Mark Webber's race! :x Adrian Sutl's race, though :smokin

Last edited:
^ Shame for Adrian, but he was always gonna have his issues with the option-stint. 
Good to see Kimi win, but the last few years have turned F1 into a joke imo. The tire situation is laughable. They need to go back to refueling instead of tires that only last 5 laps smh. Limit the number of guys that can be in the box and bring a bit of skill into the pit stops. I hate hate hate DRS. What a joke, a free pass button.
I don't think the tire situation's that bad, really. JB had to pit after 4-5 laps, but it was cuz he had to do so many laps during Quali.  Webber pitted on lap 6 (I think), but it was more cuz he was jumped by so many cars at the start that he had to try something else.  The rest of the front-runners that started on options pitted 2-3 laps later, while Kimi pitted on lap 10... a sign the Lotus was very good on their tires.  Kimi also did 25+ laps on the primes, which was very good.  

But that's the thing with new compounds... each of the teams will have to learn how to make the most of them and learn their characteristics.  As the season progresses, each team will learn more about the tires and will eventually be able to make them last longer.  If Pirelli made a super-soft that was much more durable, later in the year, the teams will be so good with them that they'll be able to extract more from them.  At that point, we'll all be complaining that the tires are lasting too long and that it's making the racing too predictable.  All the teams will be 1 or 2-stopping.  I think by the end of this year (as with every year), if you take the cars back to Melbourne and made them run on super-softs, they'd be able get much more out of them than what we saw yesterday. 

Refueling will add another element to the strategy, but carrying all those refueling rigs is just too expensive... that's their argument anyway.   

I was never a fan of DRS, but it is what it is... guess we'll just have to deal with it. 

^ I'd rather they say that refueling is too dangerous than that excuse of being too expensive. They're basically standard equipment in the pit garage, anyway. It definitely would add to the race strategy. Gone are the days of the "splash-and-dash" to the line. :\

Checo was quite robotic in this video; you could only say so much on how the P1 is like an F1 car, without getting into the details, you know? :lol:

We'll I wouldn't say the refueling rig's standard equipment.  The ones they have now refuel at a lot slower-rate.  The racing ones are at a much higher-pressure, I think, and as such will be more dangerous during racing-conditions... 

Good vid... pretty standard dialogue from Checo, but that's how these things are, I guess.  Time to update the P1 thread! 

Back
Top Bottom