F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Wow. Sky off to a bad start on the Qualifying session broadcast. Second power failure in a row in Melbourne. What is going on over there? :\

Looks like the Thunderstorm in Melbourne is causing the power cuts. Just as Brundle said the word "power cut", too. :lol: Everyone's seeing a blank screen. |I

More time for Red Bull to sort out Seb's car... Hmmm :nerd:

Last edited:
Flash ~  Bahahaha... that's his name! I remember him doing this Renault F1 ride-along too!  LOL

Yeah, Chris Goodwin was the best part of the commentary back in the day. He obviously had a McLaren-bias, but I think he was reasonably balanced when commentating... the best part of it was his technical knowledge, which he spent a lot of time correcting Slater! And as did Karun later on! I also remember Slater trying to get into the technical talk (like how having tires in the tire-warmers too long "baked" the rubber compounds too much), but when I later asked a technical-race engineer online (he's legit) about that, he said it was all BS.  Basically, Slater's tech knowledge is limited.

Chris was/is a driver-mentor-coach-manager for Bruno.  Bruno's doing endurance racing this year (I think?) and Chris has a lot of experience with that so it makes sense I guess.  

The power's down at the Melbourne TV compound... this could be trouble, with only 20+ mins left.

Last edited:
Robin Kung! Oh yes! :lol:

Streaming is back on. Back in time for the Pinkham beach tennis segment. :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
THEY'RE BASICALLY STREAMING THE SKY SPORTS F1 COVERAGE ON ESPN STAR!!!! :wow: :wow: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Hopefully on Race Day all season, as well.

Raining really hard over here, too. Definitely in the mood for a wet session. :lol:

Last edited:
Q2 delayed a further 20 minutes. Resumes at 18:30 local time. Getting rather late in the day over there... ESPN Star Sports is probably not happy with this dragging on. :lol:

Last edited:
Q2 delayed further yet again for another 20 minutes. Support races all but cancelled now.

Last edited:
its not ESPN anymore. its FOX SPORTS ASIA, i believe this is one of their upgrades. earlier this year they aired Superbowl, more college bball(US NCAA) and more NBA games and other big mainstream sports

as i posted a while a go, they aired P3 tho im not sure about P1 and P2 yesterday.
still kinda wierd Martin doin the commentary now. he rarely does quali though.

as i posted a while a go, they aired P3 tho im not sure about P1 and P2 yesterday.
still kinda wierd Martin doin the commentary now. he rarely does quali though.
Star aired (and will be airing all season) all the FP's, with Crofty and Ant commentating.  For Quali and Race, it has always been Crofty and Martin for Sky.

11am Melbourne time is 8am in our time zone (GMT +8 ), right? So that means the race is on at 2pm local time here.

Last edited:
Yep... Q2&3 are tomorrow morning at 8:00 
alien.gif

Race should be unchanged... 2:00.

Star aired (and will be airing all season) all the FP's, with Crofty and Ant commentating.  For Quali and Race, it has always been Crofty and Martin for Sky.

yeah Martin does quali too even with BBC. I was referring to Crofty. he usually does P1, P2 and P3 with Karun. so i guess Crofty jumped too from BBC. still wierd listening to Ted doin his thing now with Star. :smokin

Yeah, it was weird for me too. Lol.  

Crofty used to do 5Live BBC radio (with Ant, I think), while Martin and Legard did the TV-side. Legard was dropped after 1 year and they put Martin as the main guy with DC. Then when Sky stepped in, they paired Crofty with Martin, while DC, Jake & EJ all stayed with BBC.  This was all Q and R, I think.  For FP's, it was Crofty with Ant on Sky.  And of course, before the BBC, it was James Allen and Martin at ITV. 

Karun usually stepped in during FP's with Crofty and Ant, but it was more of a "special guest" role. 

I know it's on, but no, I don't watch... 

Anyway... some love for the mid-to-backend teams! 

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Qualifying+EcFn43kKTQux.jpg

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Qualifying+xm38XhfWHA1x.jpg

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Qualifying+cr1g_1R9sFWx.jpg

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Qualifying+zi2w3EyOmrLx.jpg

Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+Qualifying+w6rc3I0UzqEx.jpg

And here's Bottas' WAG! Olympic swimmer too!

Looks kinda like a blonde Katie Holmes...?

Emilia+Pikkarainen+Australian+F1+Grand+Prix+EBkbZ9XYEInx.jpg

Last edited:
Just woke up. Good morning, gents.

Supersofts in the wet :x These tyres really don't like cold weather. Seeing a McLaren driver with a yellow helmet on makes you think Lewis was still with the team. :lol:

Last edited:
Red Bull in the dry :x not even close.

Massa is back. Just as fast as Fernando now. :smokin

Good pace for Lewis and Britney for Mercedes. Jenson starts 10th; Checo 15th.

Come on rain for the race!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom