F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

^ I don't have the skills, patience or space (kit models are a bigger scale) for build em! 
tongue.gif

$260... 
sick.gif

Wait for the year-end clearance.

VMM2044_00_large.png

I've been meaning to ask this question for the longest, but how old are you? How old is everybody that posts in this thread? :nerd:

As far as plastic models, it depends on what scale you buy them. For example, I don't know if you remember but I posted a 1/18 scale plastic model of the MP4-13 awhile back, it's not that big. I also don't have the space but I make it work,and as far as skills go I'm still a beginner but there's always room to improve. :D

The jacket Checo's wearing is from this seasons collection. It's nice, I like the infrared piping in the front 8)
http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/uk/mens-2013-team-waterproof/invt/vmm2044/

I like last year's jacket more due to the detail on the cuffs on the wrists.
http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/restofworld/clothing/2012-mens-team-waterproof/invt/vmm2001/

The guy with the fire extinguisher and cone... and Esteban :lol:

As for how old I am, I just turned 24 yesterday. Still think I'm one of the younger ones. :lol:

Last edited:
This made me :lol: and :smh: at the same time. Pay drivers might just ruin the sport.

Arguably the shortest-lived F1 career outside of being a test driver.

By the way, one of our local guys got picked up by the Lotus Junior Team, driving for the Lotus FR 3.5 at the World Series by Renault. He gets to drive the Lotus F1 car over here in May. :smokin

Last edited:
^ Happy birthday. 
pimp.gif

I won't get into details, but I grew up in the 80's. Safe to say I'm in the older-range of NT members. 
wink.gif

Tough break for Luiz, but from the interviews, it looks like he's been very professional about it. 

Last edited:
^Thanks man. I reckoned you were older than the average NTer (which is like 12 at this point :lol: ). You definitely remember things about F1 more vividly than I do! :lol: :smokin

You Asian as well? I remember you mentioning back then you lived in the States. Just wondering. :nerd:

Last edited:
mean.gif
 @ some of these kiddies in here. 
wink.gif

Yes, sir. Born and bred HKer, but have lived in Seattle before. 

Felipe losing his wheel in practice. On one of the fastest points of the circuit, too. :x I especially hate that corner at Catalunya, as well. :lol: Seems like a forced overtaking point, to me. It ruins the flow of the circuit. Even worse than the final chicane before the Start/Finish straight. But, then again, Catalunya doesn't have many overtaking points.

Crazy how that wheel nut shot off vs. how they usually spin off.  It was very odd.

As for how old I am, I just turned 24 yesterday. Still think I'm one of the younger ones. :lol:
:pimp: You're a February baby too, happy belated birthday. And no, I'm the youngest here, just turned 21 on the 21st

This made me :lol: and :smh: at the same time. Pay drivers might just ruin the sport.

By the way, one of our local guys got picked up by the Lotus Junior Team, driving for the Lotus FR 3.5 at the World Series by Renault. He gets to drive the Lotus F1 car over here in May. :smokin
Have pay drivers always been around? :nerd: I'm still relatively new to the sport, and I've also mentioned my dislike for pay drivers.
Hope your local guy makes it, I love diversity in any sport :smile:

I won't get into details, but I grew up in the 80's. Safe to say I'm in the older-range of NT members. 
wink.gif

Hi grandpa :wink:

yeah... Stocklinger is awsome! if im a billionaire, im definitely buying him a seat in F1. it brought me almost into tears when the national anthem was playing and to see the flag on the top of the podium when he won In Monaco last year :smokin :smokin

i grew up in the 80's in a mclaren household but i fell in love with Ferrari :lol:

:pimp: You're a February baby too, happy belated birthday. And no, I'm the youngest here, just turned 21 on the 21st
Have pay drivers always been around? :nerd: I'm still relatively new to the sport, and I've also mentioned my dislike for pay drivers.
Hope your local guy makes it, I love diversity in any sport :smile:
Hi grandpa :wink:

Not quite... I was born March 1st. :tongue: :lol:

Well, F1 is also a business, and the smaller teams do need the funding to barely be in the running with the works teams...

Yeah, I really hope he makes it. One of my old friends in high school made it up to Formula BMW Asia and Asian F3 a few races ago. I don't think he races any more, though. It would really encourage more development in our local motorsport scene, I guess.

EDIT: That sure is one bad-*** rendition of our National Anthem. :pimp:

They said the Asian GT3 Championship's going to hold a race here in June... a bit curious how that would work out. Better fix the potholes first. :lol:

Last edited:
Actually, pay drivers have been around for as long as I can remember and probably a long time before that.  Like ZK1 said, at the end of the day, it's a business and the smaller teams will always be looking for funding/sponsorship.  Alex Yoong of Malaysia, Shinji Nakano, Taki Inoue, Sakon Yamamoto were just a few, but I'm sure there were a lot more.  I think the term "pay driver" often has a negative connotation, but I think Alonso and Schumi were once pay drivers as well... very early in their career of course.  As long as they have the talent to back it up, it's all good.  

i grew up in the 80's in a mclaren household but i fell in love with Ferrari 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 @ the Flashout household. 

mean.gif
 @ Flashout
wink.gif
Hi grandpa
wink.gif
Punk! 
mad.gif

Meanwhile...

McLaren poised to switch to Honda engines for 2015 season  ??? 

smokin.gif

Last edited:
^ dude tried to kick the other guy :lol:

As long as they have the talent to back it up, it's all good.
Basically, this. Most are talented enough, but some are still very rough.

McLaren-Honda :smokin I wonder if they can manage to get the old livery back... No Marlboro, though.

^ Interesting with Suzuka of having JUST the pitstraight... was thinking of the back-straight too (exit of Spoon and entry into 130R), but then realized, cars take that flat nowadays... 130R with DRS open would be seriously scary! 

I remember trying that in F1 2012 (or awas it 11?) you'd immediately lose the rear end once you reach 130R. Makes you think how'd the car would perform through there if it had DDRS last year. Still a scary thought, though.

Last edited:
:pimp:  @ the Flashout household. 
:smh:  @ Flashout

:lol: :lol:

i was brought in to F1 when mclaren was on its peak of their power. i even remember there's a season were they finished in the podium in all races and i think they won all of it or just lost one or two races cant remember though... but since i always root for the underdog, thats why i like Ferrari., to fail year in and year out and then to turn their Marussia/Minardi status into a dynasty was completely unreal :smokin

i left the Ferrari boat since Kim left and i dont see my self comin back :smokin :lol:

Had always been inclined to support Ferrari ever since I can remember (which isn't much LOL ). They were always one of the most timeless and best-looking cars in the field. Always seemed special, I don't know why, even if they weren't winning. :lol: Hated McLaren for the most part from the Hakkinen era to right about Lewis' WDC (including Fernando and Kimi). :tongue: And then after Red Bull started winning everything... go figure. :lol: I did once like Red Bull, though, up to the point when they still had Ferrari engines and that maiden Monaco podium for DC. Oh, and the cool Monaco liveries they had (Stormtroopers :smokin ). That's about it. :lol:

Being a Ferrari homer aside :wow: , I've been appreciating most of the teams and drivers now. At least we now have access to more in-depth coverage, so we have a good idea what's up with the entire field. We get to see how most of the drivers are during the course of a weekend, outside of the cars. Definitely much easier to get level-headed now.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I didn't start following until AFTER Senna died... for me, it was about this era...

9tf.jpg

that... and the whole "Silver Arrows" aspect of McLaren as well as the McLaren F1 did it for me.  It didn't help that Schumi took out Villeneuve at the end of the '97 season. 
mad.gif

So I guess you can imagine my devastation when Kimi switched to, of all teams, Ferrari! 
mad.gif

Similar situation right now, though I don't hate Mercedes... they (esp Lewis) do look very strong.  
sad.gif

EDIT:

And the updated calendar for 2013... 19 races.

17 March - Australia (Melbourne)

24 March - Malaysia (Sepang)

14 April - China (Shanghai)

21 April - Bahrain (Sakhir)

12 May - Spain (Barcelona)

26 May - Monaco

9 June - Canada (Montreal)

30 June - Britain (Silverstone)

14 July - Germany (Nurburgring/Hockenheim)

28 July - Hungary (Hungaroring)

25 August - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)

8 September - Italy (Monza)

22 September - Singapore (Marina Bay)

6 October - Korea (Yeongam)

13 October - Japan (Suzuka)

27 October - India (Buddh International)

3 November - Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

17 November - United States (Austin)

24 November - Brazil (Interlagos)

Last edited:
Oh. The New Jersey GP really didn't make it. Sigh. It had potential...

:lol: @ Canada splitting the European season. Is it too cold up there in November? :nerd: Colder tyres a la the winter test season might have been interesting this year... especially with the terrible amount of graining seen recently.

Back
Top Bottom