F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Webber and Di Resta do appear to be tall during grid walks, but I didn't know they were that tall! :wow: Jenson, too.

EDIT: Apparenty Grosjean is pretty tall, too. Alex Wurz is 6'2"? :wow:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 Slightly disappointed... 

BDUQxDgCMAEh9ZI.jpg

^^^ WTF??!!!! :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:
Slightly disappointed? Naw more like a major letdown :smh: The **** is he thinking. I'm pretty sure he knows about kicks, or trainers as how they call them in the UK.

But yea Webber, Di Resta, Button, Grosjean, and Hulkenberg are all tall. I think Massa is the shortest and my short self might be taller than him :lol:

I also got some new driving boots. My first pair in literally 3 years :wow: Now I'm ready for the season :pimp:

^ Driving... as in daily-commute driving? Lol.

Nick Heidfeld... now he was short. 5'4" or something.

^man you know what I meant :lol:
Infrared 90s=Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

Just looked at some pics of Heidfeld, yup he was shorter than everyone else on the grid, short fellas FTW :pimp:

what's the average height of an F1 driver, 5'9? :nerd:

Last edited:
I kinda like this year's Ferrari livery, especially the three colors of the Italian flag on top of the monocoque(sp?) where the driver's legs go.

Anyways, happy birthday Alain Prost 8)

Lewis looking very strong right now on day 2. Dunno what the fuel loads are or what programs they're running, but impressive nonetheless.

Felipe! Apparently, he's only 5-4/5-5! 

Anyway, these are some great vids for the tech-heads. Very interesting and informative. I also love how he can just whip up those 'tech' drawings! 
laugh.gif

Red Bull and Lotus in Renault engine map controversy
25 February, 2013

Hot on the heels of Williams and Caterham’s dubious exhaust exit solutions for 2013, trouble could also be brewing for F1′s two other Renault-powered teams.

Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport reports that, after Renault and ‘works’ partner Red Bull were told to cease using certain ‘engine maps’ last year, the same issue is now back on the table.

Correspondent Michael Schmidt also said the similarly Renault-powered Lotus, who according to most pundits has been the second most impressive team of the 2013 pre-season, is also in the spotlight as the latest controversy brews.

The report said that despite the FIA issuing a technical directive about engine maps last August, “it was not clear what should apply for 2013″.

Ferrari’s engine boss Luca Marmorini was quoted as insisting “Everything remains the same”.

His Renault counterpart Remi Taffin does not agree, claiming “a new benchmark” for engine mapping in 2013 will be set down by teams in Australia next month.

“The (August 2012) directive referred exclusively to last year,” said the Frenchman.

According to journalist Schmidt, however, the FIA has confirmed that the August 2012 directive still stands.

Renault was reportedly unaware of the federation’s stance until as recently as Thursday of last week, having developed new maps to optimise the exhaust-blowing effect for 2013.

Ross Brawn, Mercedes’ team boss, thinks the situation could now harm Red Bull and Lotus, as their similar exhaust solutions for 2013 were probably designed to work in conjunction with “a clever engine management system”.

:smokin

^ It wouldn't be F1 without the controversy!

Adrian's also been confirmed the seat next to Paul... no surprise there, but still 
eyes.gif

Final test before Australia... and it's raining. 
indifferent.gif

F1+Testing+Barcelona+Day+One+cXTFDv6cDrAx.jpg

F1+Testing+Barcelona+Day+One+cYRlc_8-0Tdx.jpg

F1+Testing+Barcelona+Day+One+4sb_l2RFfRIx.jpg

F1+Testing+Barcelona+Day+One+bHiNpwZBi5Fx.jpg

F1+Testing+Barcelona+Day+One+mAbj_YZN8Pbx.jpg

Last edited:
Paddy Lowe to Mercedes after being offered a "telephone number" salary.

How long are telephone numbers in the UK, anyway? :lol: :nerd:

^ Haha, point is, $$$$$$$$$$$$.  Dream-team over there at Merc right now... too many cooks?

Sky's airing testing right now, BTW.

^ Nope! I got those at a slight-discount, but they're still wanted-items.  Minichamps will be releasing at least 2 more Hamilton McLaren cars... Monza and Austin, I think! 

I'll be collecting the remaining Hamilton-McLaren cars and then it'll be JB and/or Checo for '13! 

Anyway, an ideas what shoe this is? Probably some Reebok trainer?

^^^^^ Wow....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ o_O

I seen the die cast models when you posted them in the post your pickup thread. They're nice but I would rather have a plastic model that I can build myself :tongue:

Edit- I need that jacket Checo is wearing :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom