F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

SinnerP taking down the pic with the quickness. 
laugh.gif
 So much for McLaren's 150th* Pole.

By the way, any word on Karthikeyan being allowed to race later by the stewards, just yet? Just one more car to get in front of Lewis. 

laugh.gif
 Haha, I know! 
ohwell.gif

I thought it was incredibly harsh... I certainly didn't think the punishment fit the crime.  I accept that rules-are-rules and that they broke the rule here, but to completely exclude him from quali seems to be too extreme.  I was expecting maybe a 5 or 10 grid penalty or to strip him of his fastest lap which would put him in 5 or 6, I think.  There's bound to be more chatter about this leading up to the race so 
nerd.gif

Incidentally, Karth., despite not making the 107% cut again, will be allowed to race and will start in front of Lewis.

The rule is that they need enough fuel for the in-lap + 1 liter for the sample they need to give to the FIA.  That was supposedly around 3-4 liters.  They were short so he had to stop on-track to make sure there was at least 1 liter for the FIA, which I think is more critical.

McLaren have used up their mistakes-quota for this season and really need to get their act together.  

Congrats to Maldonado on the win.

Just makes me thing what could of have been with Lewis on Pole. He ran a solid race. Wonder if his presence up in the front would have had Alonso and Maldonado shook.

Yep. Tremendous damage-control by Lewis. No one thought he was gonna do 30 laps on those primes, but he made it stick and finished in front of JB!
eek.gif

Still, that first stop was so shaky... he actually drove over a tire that slipped out of a mechanic's hands...
indifferent.gif

Fantasic race. Great drive by Maldonado. Fernando's Ferrari just couldn't match the pace of the Williams. Still a step in the right direction, I guess.

Kimi had a quiet race. McLaren had a fairly terrible weekend. So many pitstop blunders. MSC retired again. Senna and Massa really off this weekend. Crazy Kobayashi!
laugh.gif
Very eventful race!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Incredible 70th birthday present for Sir Frank Williams.
smile.gif

Five different race winners from five different teams in the first five races. Unbelievable season so far!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Very happy for professo.... I mean Frank Williams. Very classy guy that's one of the last legends left in the sport from yesteryear. Lewis would have won this race without the penalty but it is what it is. I'm just happy to not see Red Bull up there.

Mclaren gotta get their pits all on point. They've been inconsistent and to sort it al out already...

Crazy how far on diff ends of the spectrum that Alonso and Massa are running.

Here is a pic of Bruno Senna's car that went up in flames.
AsydCL9CQAEbnTX.jpg

Glad to see Williams back on top, and just glad to see a competitive season instead of one team walking away with it.

5 GP's, 5 different winners... Ridiculous.
Anyway, I'm happy for Sir Frank. Legend.

1000x.jpg

The Williams garage caught fire? Wow.
eek.gif
 What happened? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Very happy for professo.... I mean Frank Williams. Very classy guy that's one of the last legends left in the sport from yesteryear. Lewis would have won this race without the penalty but it is what it is. I'm just happy to not see Red Bull up there.

This.
I agree. Lewis would've at least given Maldonado a better challenge than Fernando did, but it is what it is. On to the next race: Monaco. 
pimp.gif

^ Supposedly, the fuel caught on fire as they were filling the containers for transport. 31 injured or something?
frown.gif

Great to see all the mechs/staff from the other teams rush in to help out. 
1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Looking forward to Monaco this weekend - probably the best track and has the most happening

^ You know, it's interesting with Monaco, cuz as a track itself, despite how challenging, with no room to overtake, a race can be quite boring cuz it may well end up being a train of cars going around a track 78 times.  Had they put this track-layout in, say, Valencia, it would be one of the most boring races ever. Valencia's boring now, but that's for another day.  It's the combination of everything (the history, the glamour, the backdrop, etc) that makes it so great. 

Originally Posted by Noskey

A cow? 
laugh.gif
 What?!

And 'spun and spun and spun' 
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Incidentally, car #3 is JB, while car #7 is Schumi! 

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

Yep, he'll start on P6... but still, it was an incredible lap. Came outta nowhere... no one expected it from him.

^ damn
eek.gif
glad to see he came out without a scratch there. got to give it to F1 technology these days.

Why doesn't the car in front have a rear wing?
nerd.gif

Great qualifying by Schumacher. Great to see he's still got it. Hope he has a shot in winning today. Got to catch him racing live before he retires again.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom