F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

laugh.gif

To be fair, there were friendlier-moments from Lewis...

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Missed the first weekend due to work but Im hoping to catch up this weekend. Glad McLaren pulled the W's last weekend.

It's so close it's ridiculous. 1sec covers the top 8. 
nerd.gif

Anyway, he's all-smiley again...

And not bad for an old-man.

1000x.jpg

Sergio Perez... man. Would have never guesses he'd finish on the podium ever 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Would have been amazing to see him take the win. But 2nd aint anything to slouch over.

Announcer just said that this is the first time in 18 races that someone finished on the podium outside of Alonso, Hamilton, Webber, Button, and of course Vettel. Crazy.

Checo! Man, I was so hoping he'd take Alonso... he was clearly faster too. What a ridiculous day of results! Ferrari really lucked out of that one, it must be said, cuz they won without having the best pace.

Fair play to Alonso as he was able to outperform the car.

Lewis just didn't have the pace for some reason, but the 2 pitstops didn't help, so P3 wasn't all that bad.
610x.jpg

LMAO.

x1000.jpg

^
laugh.gif

Honestly didn't see a Ferrari victory materialising this weekend since they admittedly said they were quite off the pace. But damn what an incredible fortunate turn of events for Fernando! Wow.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Personally haven't been this happy for a Ferrari win in recent years. Last one was Interlagos in 2008, when Felipe crossed the line -a few moments before Timo Glock was overtaken by Lewis to clinch the WDC by one point. Still feels batman.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Haven't heard the Italian national anthem in a looooooong while, come to think of it as well.

Fernando currently leading the WDC.
laugh.gif

Fantastic drive for Sergio Perez. Poor Felipe can't catch a break.

Now, I'm really kicking myself for not going after those half-price off 2012 F1 Malaysian GP race weekend ticket offer back in December.
laugh.gif
Would've been an unbelievable first grand prix to attend. Oh well, maybe some other time.

Finally able to catch the re air and man, Alonso def had control over that car.  Perez also did his thing and was waiting for him to pass at the end. He seemed to just be so close to it too. Hammy in third and I cant complain. I just hope Hammy stays consistent with the podiums this year and hopefully take another title. Still some work to do. I was also suprised on Senna landing in 6th. His driving has def improved. Hopefully he can continue on doing work and get higher placings and be a regular on podiums as well. 

^ It was strange though... in the wet, on inters, Alonso had such good pace. Lewis couldn't touch him, while Sergio was able to hang with him. As it dried up and after the slapped on some slicks, Alonso's pace started to drop, while Sergio started to close-in and, at one point, was over a second a lap faster than Alonso. Lewis, meanwhile, kept falling back.
frown.gif
Had Sergio not dropped it at T14, I'm sure he would have passed Alonso.

I didn't even notice it at the time, but Senna had a strong race, which is very good for him as well as the struggling Williams.

P,

Def strange. Weird how Alonso was able to manage the inters better which is what I think won him the race. Might have he also slipped up some and mismanaged them it truly would have been a wrap on his lead. Which is what basically happened when they all switched to the slicks which "evened out the playing field". I think at that point in the race Hamilton was just trying to make sure in holding that 3rd than slippping up and losing that and just let Sergio and Alonso fight for it. Sad but I rather him doing that and rack up the points then slip up in traditional as of late fashion(past couple seasons) and then end up without them. These finishes hopefully build his confident back up and go back to old form.

Well, Ferrari have been struggling with their downforce, so when that happens, it usually means they use-up their tires and overheat them a lot faster than cars with strong aero/downforce. In he wet, the track was a lot cooler, which meant they weren't overheating their tires. That's why when it started to dry and when everyone switched to slicks, Ferrari started to slow down... it was probably cuz they were using-up their tires more. What I haven't figured out was why Lewis was struggling even after he went on to slicks.

That front end just looks.
sick.gif

didn't catch qualifying... was at work. Hope I'll catch the race tomorrow.

Went to Singapore this week... seeing the grand prix track being used as a public road seemed so surreal. Didn't know the kerbs in the opening turns were that low.
eek.gif

^ I'm just guessing, but I think they build-up the kerbs for the GP... especially the red/white & orange "sausages". I think it was last season when they started to break after Free-practice and they were forced to repair them.

Yeah. Race was nuts! That McLaren-RBR sandwich at the end.
smokin.gif

Great maiden win for Britney. Fairly quiet dominant race. Mercedes' first win since Jenson/Brawn's championship run?
nerd.gif

Three different drivers winning the first 3 races of the season. Wow. Season's wide open. Although the McLarens are definitely the team to beat this season... very consistent results from them so far.

MSC being the only retirement of the race.
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Man, that was some race... one of the best race I've seen in the past few seasons.  Good racing and I'm happy for Britney.  Shame about my McLaren boys, but it's still a good result for them.  
Yeah, amazing that there were so little retirements!  Disappointed for Kimi though. 
ohwell.gif

x1000.jpg

Nico 
pimp.gif

My son Lewis just needs to keep getting podiums though. No one driver is going to run away with it like Seb did last year, so consistent podiums is vital.

Back
Top Bottom