EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

Elder... watch the video of the blast.  There are people standing 5 feet away from the boom that got hit with wind.  The bombs didn't have the type of blast radius a device like that would have.

And the bomb squads said there was no shrapnel.
The Swordfish video is hollywood-ized, was just an example of how BB's work as shrapnel.

All I can say is that the physicians and Doctors at the hospital have definitely stated they have been removing shrapnel in the form of Ball Bearings.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04...victims-suffer-severed-limbs-shrapnel-wounds/
Massachusetts General Hospital surgeon Dr. Peter Fagenholz said the dominant injury was “combined complex lower extremity injuries,” involving blood vessels, bone, and soft tissue.

Many shrapnel injuries, predominantly affecting the lower extremities, were seen, he said. But the shrapnel wounds were caused not by shrapnel within the bombs, but rather by street debris, medical professionals said.

Last edited:
the last 12 months in america got me shook. i forreal dont feel safe going out to big events no more, man i dont even feel 100% safe going out in public anymore. i know its the media for the most part thats makin me feel like that, but still...

like i said before to my co workers. Even though i won't be alive to see 2100, will humanity?

wondering how much the media will try and flip this & in turn the politicians try to capitalize on it.... wonder where we're going to send troops to next? iran? palestine? maybe even north korea?
use this incident and people's emotions to gather otherwise unjustified support for a stupid military campaign/personal political agenda that doesn't yield any results other then a huge debt?

MURICA. no thread derail tho.
It does produce results though, for the people in power that is...

dude lost his leg?
sick.gif

Does ball bearings HAVE to mean claymores, though?

Like, couldn't you just get a bunch of ball bearings and use them in a homemade bomb?

Interesting perspective on today's attack by former SEAL Marcus Luttrell.

Let me educate some of you, the bombing today was text boom terrorist activity one bomb goes off and stops or freezes the target then another goes off a hundred or so yards away from the initial IED to trap the target in a certain area it's called the X. It happens to us all the time it's a text book maneuver. I never blamed any any middle Eastern country I'm just stating that the act itself using explosives on civilians to kill or injure, and cause panic and fear is an act of terrorism. So whom ever is responsible for this is in fact a terrorist no matter where he or she is from. So as I said earlier keep your heads up think smart and not w/ anger, erase fear help your wounded and your city to push forward and show the world that Americans care for their own and will not be bullied or beaten into submission. We have been hit before and sadly we have been hit again, but each time we get up shake the dust off and continue our way of life no matter what. I will be praying for all of you be strong and never no matter what lay down and quit. God bless.

Txfrog

Like, couldn't you just get a bunch of ball bearings and use them in a homemade bomb?

Yes. It doesn't have to mean claymores specifically. Something homemade could do the same damage.

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Yes you could, I didn't say they were Claymores, just used that as an example of the concept of pairing ball bearings with explosives.[/COLOR]

I hope this doesn't make me a creep but I like watching the vids and looking at the pics...

Makes me feel more for those people, plus it was like I was there sorta

Don't know how to explain it
Just interesting

Let me educate some of you, the bombing today was text boom terrorist activity one bomb goes off and stops or freezes the target then another goes off a hundred or so yards away from the initial IED to trap the target in a certain area it's called the X. It happens to us all the time it's a text book maneuver. I never blamed any any middle Eastern country I'm just stating that the act itself using explosives on civilians to kill or injure, and cause panic and fear is an act of terrorism. So whom ever is responsible for this is in fact a terrorist no matter where he or she is from. So as I said earlier keep your heads up think smart and not w/ anger, erase fear help your wounded and your city to push forward and show the world that Americans care for their own and will not be bullied or beaten into submission. We have been hit before and sadly we have been hit again, but each time we get up shake the dust off and continue our way of life no matter what. I will be praying for all of you be strong and never no matter what lay down and quit. God bless.

[COLOR=#red]ARGuy, that's what I was saying a few posts back...[/COLOR]

It's all semantics...an attack on soft targets (read civilians) that causes death, injury, and mass hysteria is a terror attack whether it be of domestic or foreign origin. Yet somehow we have linked terror attacks and terrorism to a particular group of individuals. An example is the Oklahoma City bombing...some people don't consider it terrorism because it was conducted by McVeigh an American citizen, had it been done by Mohammad Mustafa Aqib then voila terrorism.

I hope this doesn't make me a creep but I like watching the vids and looking at the pics...

Just interesting

You LIKE it or are you curious? Curiosity is one thing, liking it makes you a creep.

[COLOR=#red]ARGuy, that's what I was saying a few posts back...[/COLOR]

It's all semantics...an attack on soft targets (read civilians) that causes death, injury, and mass hysteria is a terror attack whether it be of domestic or foreign origin. Yet somehow we have linked terror attacks and terrorism to a particular group of individuals. An example is the Oklahoma City bombing...some people don't consider it terrorism because it was conducted by McVeigh an American citizen, had it been done by Mohammad Mustafa Aqib then voila terrorism.

View media item 367386

What "people"? That tragedy has always been referred to as an act of terrorism. Usually it is referred to as "domestic terrorism".

Just interesting

You LIKE it or are you curious? Curiosity is one thing, liking it makes you a creep.

i think he means that he likes being able to see what happened because it helps him empathize with the victims. definitely not saying that he likes what happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom