Ex High School Ball Players

If I could do it all over again I wouldnt have fought my highschool coach like I did and listened to him. Dude wanted me to play like a big man, and me being 6'8.5 weighing all of 175 (yes i kno) I wanted to play PF somewhere outside the paint. Lol we mentally fought for years, no words, no actions, just by him trying to get me to do certain things to fire me up, and me pushing it away and trying to do what I wanted. I was kind of lazy too
laugh.gif
I hated sprints. Biggest mistake of my life tho, I stopped liking ball around junior year cause I wasnt having fun any more...shouldve tried so much harder man. The fun I couldve had 
frown.gif
 never known what it was like to beast in a game...I was steady with the Reb. and Blk.s tho
 I couldve played college basketball, pretty much wasted 4 years of ball trying not to do what I was told to.

(got a trash scholarship to a realll small d2 school, but I turned that down for a chance to just go to a big school)

I was talking about about this in another thread I would love to go back just for the bball season.
Away games and getting at the other teams cheerleaders.
The pregame getting hyped up talking junk about the other team.
Putting my jersey on and actually getting it sweaty. Starting all four years.
Being introduced and being one of the stars of the team so you get one of the loudest cheers during the intros. Dunking on someone and the gym going crazy.
Getting on a hot streak and everyone in the gym knowing that you're going to get the ball and straight embarrassing the other player.
The ride home and talking $#@$ on the bus about each other.
Begging coach to let us stop at the mickey d's on the way home
Of course seeing yourself in the newspaper the next day picture plus high numbers in the box score.

Yeah you can say that I miss it!

I was talking about about this in another thread I would love to go back just for the bball season.
Away games and getting at the other teams cheerleaders.
The pregame getting hyped up talking junk about the other team.
Putting my jersey on and actually getting it sweaty. Starting all four years.
Being introduced and being one of the stars of the team so you get one of the loudest cheers during the intros. Dunking on someone and the gym going crazy.
Getting on a hot streak and everyone in the gym knowing that you're going to get the ball and straight embarrassing the other player.
The ride home and talking $#@$ on the bus about each other.
Begging coach to let us stop at the mickey d's on the way home
Of course seeing yourself in the newspaper the next day picture plus high numbers in the box score.

Yeah you can say that I miss it!

I just got back in the gym, playing pick up games. Dudes are running circles around me speed wise, but im getting there.
laugh.gif

First few days I was tossing up bricks. Yesterday me and my two boys had a three contest, one goes first and hits 12/15 and I was like damn, i'm effed. Hit 13/15.
pimp.gif

If I could go back, I would have put more work in and definitely played football, too.

I just got back in the gym, playing pick up games. Dudes are running circles around me speed wise, but im getting there.
laugh.gif

First few days I was tossing up bricks. Yesterday me and my two boys had a three contest, one goes first and hits 12/15 and I was like damn, i'm effed. Hit 13/15.
pimp.gif

If I could go back, I would have put more work in and definitely played football, too.

In highschool I won a state title, for this exact reason. No doing it all over again, no regrets. 

In highschool I won a state title, for this exact reason. No doing it all over again, no regrets. 

I didnt play in high school, but if my stupid coach would of left me at keeper theres no doubt in my mind my team would of took over Dallas.

But I wish I didnt give up playing soccer, I regret it every single %#$#*%$ day.

I didnt play in high school, but if my stupid coach would of left me at keeper theres no doubt in my mind my team would of took over Dallas.

But I wish I didnt give up playing soccer, I regret it every single %#$#*%$ day.

I wish I would have worked on my game more and I regret not taking the opportunity to be a part of the team. Had I shown some dedication and fought through not being on the roster initially, I would have been a starter my senior yr....and woulda had a state championship ring and all the free JB gear.

I wish I would have worked on my game more and I regret not taking the opportunity to be a part of the team. Had I shown some dedication and fought through not being on the roster initially, I would have been a starter my senior yr....and woulda had a state championship ring and all the free JB gear.

I never got the chance to play in HS 
frown.gif

Too bad, cause I'm going to play in college
pimp.gif

All the coaches who cut me and everyone who said I sucked, get at me

frown.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

frown.gif

pimp.gif

Good luck, but that's rare. What sport?

frown.gif

pimp.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by raptors29

frown.gif

pimp.gif

Basketball fam

Originally Posted by raptors29

frown.gif

pimp.gif

Basketball fam

Ran track in high-school won 2 Cif championships. Ran track in college got over it. .

I'm a new type of athlete now a "weekend warrior". And that sport has no boundaries.

Ran track in high-school won 2 Cif championships. Ran track in college got over it. .

I'm a new type of athlete now a "weekend warrior". And that sport has no boundaries.

Back
Top Bottom