ESPN really wants a TO meltdown..

Originally Posted by rocyaice

More on TO and Romo's relatinship being in "turmoil"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/12/jones-and-phillips-disagree-with-report-of-dallas-discord/
JONES AND PHILLIPS DISAGREE WITH REPORT OF DALLAS DISCORD

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2008, 12:54 p.m. EST
On Friday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Wade Phillips expressed disagreement with the report that receiver Terrell Owens' paranoia regarding his role in the offense has resulted in T.O. believing that quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten are meeting secretly to come up with ways of keeping the ball away from Owens.
Phillips said at a Friday press conference that he doesn't think the report is true.
In a weekly Dallas radio spot, Jones said that the series of meetings this week between offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and Owens and receivers Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams was nothing out of the ordinary.
"[Owens is] interested in the ball to win the game," Jones said in the radio appearance, via ESPN.com. "He knows if he can get the ball, we have a better chance to win the game. We all agree with that."
Jones met with Owens on Thursday, and Jones contends that Owens didn't address the player's alleged belief that he's not getting a fair shake. "Not that [Owens] feels slighted or he feels like there's some type of favoritism going on," Jones said.
In quotes from the radio spot appearing at the Dallas Morning News, Jones was even more pointed and clear in his comments.
"There is no issue between the players. None," Jones said. "I'm underlining none. I f you could be out there right this minute, or right out there today, you'll see these players. They're co-captains. You'll see these guys - Witten, Owens, Bradie James - you'll see these guys talking it up and getting ready for a ballgame Sunday."
(A cynical mind might conclude that ESPN.com omitted these comments from Jones because they directly and unequivocally contradict the original report from Ed Werder.)
Did anyone expect Phillips or Jones to do anything other than deny the report? The head coach is an absentee landlord, and Jones is the mad scientist who threw a pinch of Owens into the pot of Super Bowl gumbo that the Cowboys has been simmering since 1995.
For even more on why we think Owens clearly is the problem, and why Jones is to blame for the overall mess, we give you our latest offering for SportingNews.com.

im seriously getting sick of ESPN & how they go about reporting on anything that has to do with Terrell Owens. If TO sneezed in Romo'sdirection, ESPN would probably say that Owens got into a physical altercation with Romo & spit on him.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I'm not going to be surprised if/when this boils over...

But would it really surprise anyone if Bobby Carpenter was the source? Dude is on ESPN every week talkin about the latest Cowboys loss.
laugh.gif

I don't know what to believe at this point, because frankly, T.O. has no credibility to me when he voices his opinions on what exactly is going on... And Michael Irvin is the last person I'm letting sway my opinion, aside from maybe Deion, on anything Terrell Owens related...

If we don't make the playoffs, he's going to explode. And he's going to be gone. It's that simple for me... Win, and everything will be fine. Lose, and he'll probablyy explode. It's his history, it's what he does...

But I know one thing for damn sure... If it gets to that point, he's not winning this battle with Tony Romo...

And just so we're clear that I'm not anti-Terrell Owens, because I know someone is waiting in the wings with the "Mr. Predictable E-Friends" crap again... Let's look at the stats from games in which Tony Romo has started this year...

[table][tr][td]WK[/td] [td]Game Date[/td] [td]Opp[/td] [td]Result[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]Rec[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]Att[/td] [td]Yds[/td] [td]Avg[/td] [td]Lng[/td] [td]TD[/td] [td]FUM[/td] [td]Lost[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]09/07[/td] [td] @ CLE[/td] [td]W 28-10[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]87[/td] [td]17.4[/td] [td]35T[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]09/15[/td] [td] PHI[/td] [td]W 41-37[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]29.7[/td] [td]72T[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]09/21[/td] [td] @ GB[/td] [td]W 27-16[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]8.5[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]09/28[/td] [td] WAS[/td] [td]L 24-26[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]10.1[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]10/05[/td] [td] CIN[/td] [td]W 31-22[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]33.5[/td] [td]57T[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]10/12[/td] [td] @ ARI[/td] [td]L 24-30[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]9.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]11/16[/td] [td] @ WAS[/td] [td]W 14-10[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]11/23[/td] [td] SF[/td] [td]W 35-22[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]213[/td] [td]30.4[/td] [td]75T[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]11/27[/td] [td] SEA[/td] [td]W 34-9[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]98[/td] [td]19.6[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]12/07[/td] [td] @ PIT[/td] [td]L 13-20[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]10.7[/td] [td]12T[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1.0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]--[/td] [/tr][/table]
Anybody notice a trend in the stats in wins vs. losses?

T.O. makes big plays and has big days, the Dallas Cowboys win football games. Period, point blank.

And for the record, I put all the blame for this becoming a problem on Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett... This kinda crap shouldn't have ever gotten out of the locker room. It should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. But there's no leadership whatsoever on this coaching staff, and it's finally gotten to the point that it might be boiling over...

Parcells should've been taking him when he went to Miami instead of Ayodele and Fasano though they were underachievers too.
You can't possibly be takin an underhand shot at Parcells...?

wow. ESPN is just getting ridiculous now, they brought on a Sports Psychologist to talk about TO some more.

So Espn who is notorious for blowing things way outof proportion has more clout than someone that sleeps in the boys locker room with a sleeping bag? As I saidyou guys will take the media words to heart because it's what you want to happen. If y'all love drama so much watch TNT. Getting your pants soiled overa 35 year old man ain't koo
laugh.gif

I must admit though I kinda enjoy all the attention Dallas gets because it just goes to show how the Nfl and the media needs them. I mean damn your top storyfor a good twenty minutes has nothing to do with the actual word called sports. Carmelo went off for33 in one quarter. BCS is coming up. Big NFL games arehappening. But yet he cowboys are the focal point. Can't blame them though because there is obviously alot of interest in Americas team

laugh.gif
Matt Mosely just said that Terrell Owens had some pretty harsh words for him today in the locker room... Words that he wouldn't be able to put on hisblog on ESPN.com or repeat on the radio...
laugh.gif

The Cowboys have always been so damn sensitive about the media... Even at the beginning of the year when they were upset that people in the media acted likethey hadn't earned anything yet on the football field...
smh.gif
If there's one team the media could manipulate and tear apart with stories about randomcrap, it's this Dallas Cowboys team. This whole team got a severe case of elephant ears...

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by rocyaice

More on TO and Romo's relatinship being in "turmoil"

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/12/jones-and-phillips-disagree-with-report-of-dallas-discord/
JONES AND PHILLIPS DISAGREE WITH REPORT OF DALLAS DISCORD

Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2008, 12:54 p.m. EST
On Friday, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and coach Wade Phillips expressed disagreement with the report that receiver Terrell Owens' paranoia regarding his role in the offense has resulted in T.O. believing that quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten are meeting secretly to come up with ways of keeping the ball away from Owens.
Phillips said at a Friday press conference that he doesn't think the report is true.
In a weekly Dallas radio spot, Jones said that the series of meetings this week between offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and Owens and receivers Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams was nothing out of the ordinary.
"[Owens is] interested in the ball to win the game," Jones said in the radio appearance, via ESPN.com. "He knows if he can get the ball, we have a better chance to win the game. We all agree with that."
Jones met with Owens on Thursday, and Jones contends that Owens didn't address the player's alleged belief that he's not getting a fair shake. "Not that [Owens] feels slighted or he feels like there's some type of favoritism going on," Jones said.
In quotes from the radio spot appearing at the Dallas Morning News, Jones was even more pointed and clear in his comments.
"There is no issue between the players. None," Jones said. "I'm underlining none. I f you could be out there right this minute, or right out there today, you'll see these players. They're co-captains. You'll see these guys - Witten, Owens, Bradie James - you'll see these guys talking it up and getting ready for a ballgame Sunday."
(A cynical mind might conclude that ESPN.com omitted these comments from Jones because they directly and unequivocally contradict the original report from Ed Werder.)
Did anyone expect Phillips or Jones to do anything other than deny the report? The head coach is an absentee landlord, and Jones is the mad scientist who threw a pinch of Owens into the pot of Super Bowl gumbo that the Cowboys has been simmering since 1995.
For even more on why we think Owens clearly is the problem, and why Jones is to blame for the overall mess, we give you our latest offering for SportingNews.com.
im seriously getting sick of ESPN & how they go about reporting on anything that has to do with Terrell Owens. If TO sneezed in Romo's direction, ESPN would probably say that Owens got into a physical altercation with Romo & spit on him.

Co-sign. They're waiting for it. They've been waiting for it for 3 years and since it hasn't happened yet they're trying to ignite the feudthemselves. Its ridiculous.

Matt Mosely just said that Terrell Owens had some pretty harsh words for him today in the locker room... Words that he wouldn't be able to put on his blog on ESPN.com or repeat on the radio...
laugh.gif

The Cowboys have always been so damn sensitive about the media... Even at the beginning of the year when they were upset that people in the media acted like they hadn't earned anything yet on the football field...
smh.gif
If there's one team the media could manipulate and tear apart with stories about random crap, it's this Dallas Cowboys team. This whole team got a severe case of elephant ears...

They have the right to be. I think what some people think that your local media works for your local sports team and that's not the case. The local mediaaren't fans. So I don't knock them for raggin' the Cowboys but they have ZERO respect for them. I see how they handle Wade Phillips. $+@ isunprofessional. They goin' at him and questionin' him talkin' about if they had this team they'd be in the Super Bowl. Them cats never went atParcells like that. Atleast show the team some respect.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
Matt Mosely just said that Terrell Owens had some pretty harsh words for him today in the locker room... Words that he wouldn't be able to put on his blog on ESPN.com or repeat on the radio...
laugh.gif
YES!

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Parcells should've been taking him when he went to Miami instead of Ayodele and Fasano though they were underachievers too.
You can't possibly be takin an underhand shot at Parcells...?

I wasn't trying too but I do think dude didn't do *+*+ for the Cowboys. Especially his coaching. We have some personnel but i'm not sure how muchof that was our scouting department or if it was Parcells. Because a lot of guys he has relationships with all sucked like Fasano and Carpenter.

The team would still be better off with Parcells IMO. he coulda moved upstairs and made Sparano the HC. That would be better right now it seems.

Parcells made the current squad for the most part, he wasn't perfect (Carpenter) but more times than not he's on the money.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The team would still be better off with Parcells IMO. he coulda moved upstairs and made Sparano the HC. That would be better right now it seems.

Parcells made the current squad for the most part, he wasn't perfect (Carpenter) but more times than not he's on the money.
hmm. that would have been very interesting. I do think that Bill Parcells wouldn't go out & try to keep TO happy, but he does realize thatwhen TO is more involved in the offense they have a much better chance of winning.

They have the right to be. I think what some people think that your local media works for your local sports team and that's not the case. The local media aren't fans. So I don't knock them for raggin' the Cowboys but they have ZERO respect for them. I see how they handle Wade Phillips. $+@ is unprofessional. They goin' at him and questionin' him talkin' about if they had this team they'd be in the Super Bowl. Them cats never went at Parcells like that. Atleast show the team some respect.
But who cares? Why should/would that bother them? What the media says and what they do shouldn't manipulate the team's collective attitudeas badly as it does... If they want respect, go earn it on the field in December and January. If this team was winning games late in the season and winningplayoff games, there wouldn't constantly be questions in the media about how mentally tough they are...

It's the media's job to break stories and dig up some kinda crap... It's your job as a player to ignore it and take care of your business...

Drama and Dallas Cowboys go hand in hand... It's just like the Yankees and ESPN... It doesn't matter who is playing for this team, drama is going toplay a role BECAUSE they're the Dallas Cowboys. It's been that way for well over a decade. Even when this team was bad, they were ESPN's darling.Chad Hutcheson this, Drew Henson that. It's not going to change... It's all about having a team/coaching staff that understands that and knows how todeal with it... This team, this coaching staff has NO IDEA how to handle it... They pout, and get upset, and argue, and bicker with the media on a weeklybasis... You're a Dallas Cowboy. It comes with the territory. Get over it. Handle your business. Move on.

But this team can't do that. Wade Phillips can't do that. It is what it is... But it was the same way in the 90's with Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, andJimmy Johnson... They handled it well and won Super Bowls... Guess what happened the last time a coach got too tough on the players and a 'player'sguy' was brought in to coach a talented team and stroke their egos? ... We just might be seeing that once again... But this time... We don't have theSuper Bowl trophies to ease the pain of watching the ship potentially begin to sink...

But aside from all this... Win Sunday, and watch how quick all this disappears and everybody gets quiet throughout the week...
laugh.gif
It'll be pathetic.

I CAN'T STAND MARK SCHLERETH. He is the most annoying person on ESPN.
Schlereth trying so hard to bash TO on NFL Live right now.
And Trey Wingo gets added to the idiot list for instigating this @**#.
Cosign. Did you hear him? "I won three rings" I was sitting here in aww. I'm preety sure if T.O. was on those Broncos teams He'dhave a ring too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Cosign. Did you hear him? "I won three rings" I was sitting here in aww. I'm preety sure if T.O. was on those Broncos teams He'd have a ring too.
laugh.gif

it kinda seems like Olineman tend to have alot of problems with receivers. just something i noticed.

Cosign. Did you hear him? "I won three rings" I was sitting here in aww. I'm preety sure if T.O. was on those Broncos teams He'd have a ring too.
laugh.gif
it kinda seems like Olineman tend to have alot of problems with receivers. just something i noticed.

Yeah its like a love hate relationship. Remember when Moss was in his last year in Minny and one of his O-linemen started popping off about him?

I swear I want TO to go for like 200 yards and 3 TDs and a Cowboys W... then I can laugh at these idiots with egg on their face Monday morning.
Man that reaction on their faces will be priceless. Especially of T.O. and Romo show some love for each other during the game.

Looks like ESPN jumped the gun on the Muschamp news. These guys need their journalist passes revoked
laugh.gif

RKO2004 wrote:

Cosign. Did you hear him? "I won three rings" I was sitting here in aww. I'm preety sure if T.O. was on those Broncos teams
He'd have a ring too.
laugh.gif

Yeah its like a love hate relationship. Remember when Moss was in his last year in Minny and one of his O-linemen started popping off about him?

I swear I want TO to go for like 200 yards and 3 TDs and a Cowboys W...
then I can laugh at these idiots with egg on their face Monday morning.

Man that reaction on their faces will be priceless. Especially of T.O. and Romo show some love for each other during the game.

They would say that it's temporary and that as soon as TO doesn't get the ball again then the problems will be right back.

I know most of this is just Cowboys drama, but I think it does shed even more light on just how unstable Owens is. Maybe it will be "ok" if Dallasgets in, but it's not just about "winning" to him - it is about him feeling like he is a factor of the winning - that he is appreciated.Everybody wants that to an extent but not with the jealousy and insecurity of Owens. Honestly that's just some female type sh, I couldn't stand havinga teammate like that.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

RKO2004 wrote:

Cosign. Did you hear him? "I won three rings" I was sitting here in aww. I'm preety sure if T.O. was on those Broncos teams
He'd have a ring too.
laugh.gif

I swear I want TO to go for like 200 yards and 3 TDs and a Cowboys W...
then I can laugh at these idiots with egg on their face Monday morning.

They would say that it's temporary and that as soon as TO doesn't get the ball again then the problems will be right back.
We know that very well being Bengals fans. Chad gets flacked at times like TO is getting

Originally Posted by JayDubH11

I know most of this is just Cowboys drama, but I think it does shed even more light on just how unstable Owens is. Maybe it will be "ok" if Dallas gets in, but it's not just about "winning" to him - it is about him feeling like he is a factor of the winning - that he is appreciated. Everybody wants that to an extent but not with the jealousy and insecurity of Owens. Honestly that's just some female type sh, I couldn't stand having a teammate like that.

nothing could be further from the truth ... do you know why this is even an issue? because the cowboys ARE LOSING ... if TO isnt getting the ball and the boyswin, he has nothing to say ... but as many have brought up, we arent winning anything without TO goin off cuz garrett just isnt any good ... you know how badTO wants a ring? can you imagine him having a ring? that would give him all the more reason to talk *%$% ... lets face it, the only way he sheds some of hisdemons is if he wins ... imagine TO after winning a super bowl "Ed Werder, tell me how my *%+ tastes"

Originally Posted by JayDubH11

I know most of this is just Cowboys drama, but I think it does shed even more light on just how unstable Owens is. Maybe it will be "ok" if Dallas gets in, but it's not just about "winning" to him - it is about him feeling like he is a factor of the winning - that he is appreciated. Everybody wants that to an extent but not with the jealousy and insecurity of Owens. Honestly that's just some female type sh, I couldn't stand having a teammate like that.
your entire statement is invalidated, because the Cowboys are not "winning", they are losing.

the Cowboys rarely ever win when TO doesn't get the ball. he is simply pointing out that correlation. you can say that he's whining for saying it, butreally he's just pointing out the truth.

he feels like he has to be a factor of the winning because... he pretty much does. any unbiased person will tell you that.

In my book ESPN is losing its cred, they are becoming so annoying with all this bull.

Originally Posted by JJGRT5

In my book ESPN is losing its cred, they are becoming so annoying with all this bull.

im sayen!!!

im expecting a story they go thew like 5 interviews of players saying there is no problem, so were the eff did you get this damn story from
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom