ESPN really wants a TO meltdown..

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

LiL Stevie728 wrote:
ESPN is the new evil empire. I don't really watch them anymore outside of their college sports coverage. Highlights aren't a big deal anymore since you can find more detailed game highlights on the Internet now anyway.
I agree. I used to think people were overreacting when they said "ESPN is garbage".

I knew that their coverage wasn't as good as it used to be but I still found it bearable, can't say that I still do.
Seriously, I think I've had enough.

Too bad there isn't another sports company to at least give ESPN some competition. I'm talking SportsCenter, with every sport, highlights with a little analysis.

CNN/SI could give it a shot.

Not a bad idea, down the road I could see it happening. ESPN just has such a huge lead on any kind of competition, I'm sure it would be a long uphill battle.

I'm sure that's what people (like myself) that said Under Armour could never be a player in the sports equipment/apparel regime.

Hey.... the same thing was said for years about CNN and look how Fox News came along and dominated the news market. Nobody ever thought CNN would be toppled asa news organization

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

WAS WITTEN WERDER'S SOURCE?
Posted by Mike Florio on December 12, 2008, 5:09 p.m. EST

As it turns out, Terrell Owens' suspicions regarding teammate Jason Witten might have been on the mark.

The talk in the Cowboys locker room is that Witten was one of the sources for Ed Werder's recent ESPN item, which has sparked a firestorm within the organization.

Per a league source, center Andre Gurode and receiver Roy Williams called out Witten in a team meeting regarding their belief that he has been talking out of school to Werder, accusing Witten and/or his agent of feeding the information to Werder - as the song "Back Stabbers" played in the background.

According to our source (and it pains us to type this), Owens isn't as bad as he's made out to be in the media (i.e., by ESPN).

"Ed Werder didn't make anything up," the source said. "Witten or his agent gave the story."

And here's where it gets really interesting. Witten's agent is Jimmy Sexton. And Sexton represents - you guessed it - former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells.

Parcells wanted no part of Owens, and presumably Parcells would love nothing more than to see the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs in the same year that Parcells is in the process of propelling the previously 1-15 Fins toward the postseason.

We're not saying that Tuna has his finger in this one, after all he's not the kind of guy who'd stick his nose in business that doesn't pertain to him. We're just pointing out the straight line from Witten to Sexton to Parcells, who by the way drafted Witten in 2003, the same year that Parcells signed Romo as an undrafted free agent.

Man, you know you smart when people just start wondering if you were in charge of all kinds of stupid sh*^. How the hell Parcells 2 years removedfrom the team, but still pullin their strings on a whim?
laugh.gif

Come on.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Maybe it was Parcells master plan to have Favre traded to the Jets so he could get his QB in Pennington and then he knew Favre would fade off at the end of along season........cuz he used to coach the Jets.
roll.gif
Bill got mindcontrol over the NFL.

laugh.gif
I'm sayin, CP...

I'm not sure if he truly intended for that story to be taken seriously or not, but considering he's drawing parallels to Parcells, and the whole BackStabbers ironically playing while Witten was getting called out...

laugh.gif
Come on... It's almost so ridiculous it's unbelievable...

Who is this Mike Florio guy? Never heard of him.

I'm tryin to figure out what the purpose of Witten leakin stuff would be. What would he gain from causin TO problems? Just the agent/Parcellsconnection doesn't gain anything for Witten. Not when he tryin to win where he's at. I doubt he's tryin to help Bill look good or whatever.

So I guess what I'm thinkin is if this writer is a TO backer, or maybe just wants to go against the grain of all the ESPN hoopla. Dunno.

I might have to eat a *!*% load of crow because I think this whole thing might have some truth. The fort star telegram again is naming an unknown source butthis person is reporting Owens and Witten got into an altercation and had to be separated. If this *!*% is true we gonna get blown out tomorrow and we betterprepare for a show more entertaining than flavor of love.

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

I might have to eat a *!*% load of crow because I think this whole thing might have some truth. The fort star telegram again is naming an unknown source but this person is reporting Owens and Witten got into an altercation and had to be separated. If this *!*% is true we gonna get blown out tomorrow and we better prepare for a show more entertaining than flavor of love.

Well when was the altercation? Because if it was AFTER all this ESPN stuff, it's just built up crap started by ESPN. But if this altercation happenedbefore this story leaked, then that would be the motive for Witten to go to Werder and start talkin.

Keep us updated, but I really don't think this will have an effect on the game. If Romo is smart, he'll just throw over and over to both of them andmake em both happy.

I think T.O. is a clown but I actually think he is partially right in this case. I mainly think Tony Romo has tunnel vision for Jason Witten in crunch timebecause Romo doe not have the confidence in himself to throw down the field to T.O. and Roy Williams. You can sense the panic watching Romo on TV, so I ampretty sure T.O., Roy Williams, Crayton sense it on the field. One thing Cowboys fans have to be honest about though is that T.O. has lost a step. Hedoesn't beat press coverages as easily as he once did and there are a lot of instances thoughout games where he is single covered effectively which neverhappened to him 3 or 4 years ago.

Originally Posted by CP1708

NyRapisBack wrote:

I might have to eat a *!*% load of crow because I think this whole thing might have some truth. The fort star telegram again is naming an unknown source but this person is reporting Owens and Witten got into an altercation and had to be separated. If this *!*% is true we gonna get blown out tomorrow and we better prepare for a show more entertaining than flavor of love.

Well when was the altercation? Because if it was AFTER all this ESPN stuff, it's just built up crap started by ESPN. But if this altercation happened before this story leaked, then that would be the motive for Witten to go to Werder and start talkin.

Keep us updated, but I really don't think this will have an effect on the game. If Romo is smart, he'll just throw over and over to both of them and make em both happy.

it happened yesterday afternoon...ill post the link in a minute.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

NyRapisBack wrote:

Well when was the altercation? Because if it was AFTER all this ESPN stuff, it's just built up crap started by ESPN. But if this altercation happened before this story leaked, then that would be the motive for Witten to go to Werder and start talkin.

Keep us updated, but I really don't think this will have an effect on the game. If Romo is smart, he'll just throw over and over to both of them and make em both happy.

Then ESPN is getting what they truly wanted, they have officially started sh*^ with their reporting and it actually caused added turmoil to a nothingsituation.
tired.gif

I'd love to hear what Witten says. Whether he takes the blame or whatever.

marionthebarberian wrote:

CP1708 wrote:

NyRapisBack wrote:

Then ESPN is getting what they truly wanted, they have officially started sh*^ with their reporting and it actually caused added turmoil to a nothing situation.
tired.gif

heres the link... http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/1091714.html ...

The plot thickens....
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated[/h1]While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.

"Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."

The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The plot thickens....
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Source: T.O., Witten had to be separated[/h1]While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, the two nearly came to blows on Friday, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram first reported Saturday.
ESPN's Chris Mortensen, according to team sources, confirmed an incident occurred at the Cowboys training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

Both players acted as if everything was fine when the media was allowed in the locker room, according to the Star-Telegram. But Owens was still upset.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believes Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips held a team meeting on Friday to clear the air about the report. Afterward, he said any personality conflicts had been resolved.

"Everything is set straight as far as I'm concerned," he told The Associated Press. "I think the players, too. We'll see."

The Cowboys play host to the NFC East leading New York Giants on Sunday night.

This is almost better than watching a good movie.
laugh.gif

NyRapisBack wrote:

Then ESPN is getting what they truly wanted, they have officially started sh*^ with their reporting and it actually caused added turmoil to a nothing situation.
tired.gif

You cant blame ESPN for reporting the truth, I dont really know what you want. Ed Werder is a respected journalist, he doesnt just make thesestories up.

They have turned this into a circus . I wonder what would have happened if this was under Jimmy Johnson ?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

NyRapisBack wrote:

tired.gif

You cant blame ESPN for reporting the truth, I dont really know what you want. Ed Werder is a respected journalist, he doesnt just make these stories up.

"An unknown source has told me that Eli Manning will be out with a shoulder injury for a minimum of four weeks."

*3 days later, Eli plays vs Packers*

Im not saying what is going on may not be true but you have to consider the fact that its gonna be overblown no matter how big or small it is. Their a mediaoutlet, their job is to create stories that the people want. Apparently, people want this type of %%%$.

SMH @ ESPN giving VH1 a run for its money. I feel for people who actually care about the game of sports. Instead, their greeted with this type of %%%$

Oh and for the record, we're getting blown out tomorrow. No way in hell this team has the mental fortitude to be able to gut something like this out, Romoespecially. Homeboy is young. Hes' going to get sacked for thinking too long who to throw to

romo got that same dumb %#! "eli" look ... when things go wrong he just sits there and looks like his fart traveled from his pants to his facemask... im not throwing in the towel, but its gonna be tough to win tomorrow night ...

romo got that same dumb @*$ "eli" look ... when things go wrong he just sits there and looks like his fart traveled from his pants to his facemask... im not throwing in the towel, but its gonna be tough to win tomorrow night ...

Roy Williams can't wait to bust Tony Romo's tail

7:58 PM Fri, Dec 12, 2008 | Permalink |Buzz up! Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Coachable WR Roy Williams had no interest in chatting about the receivers' discussions with Jason Garrett regarding Tony Romo's pass distribution.

"It's all over, man," Williams said. "There's no point in talking about it."

Were the meetings productive?

"We shall see Sunday at 7:15," said Williams, who will play despite a sore foot.

Williams shrugged off concerns about team chemistry and assured that the receivers had also communicated with Romo this week.

"Oh, it's been good," Williams said. "Tony is everybody's guy. He's my guy. I've been trying to get him on that college footballonline, so I can bust his tail. But I don't have my TVs up in my house yet, so I've gotta wait. But everything is good."

At this point, rookie Martellus Bennett offered his electronic expertise. See, even Aggies and Longhorns get along in the Cowboys' locker room. Everythingreally must be good.

Back
Top Bottom