ESPN really wants a TO meltdown..

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yall think this is a non-issue?

its so much of a non-issue that Bradie james commented on having to be mediator now and previous times.

Yall can keep the love for TO but at what point do yall admit that he is a problem and a terrible teammate.

ESPN and the media stay on TO and the camera is always on him which multiplies the problem but he is a problem.

WRs having side meetings with the OC
eek.gif
laugh.gif
man, thats horrible.

and RyGuy, that Trade was asinine. I hope the Lions select a perennial All pro with that pick
smh.gif
preach on

laugh.gif
If anyone was watching First Take you have got to give it up to Skip. Dude was saying some wild stuff but it could be true. Skip was up there soundinglike Dr. Lumas explaining Michael Myers' inner rage
roll.gif

T.O. is the most powerful man in Big D right now. It sound like everybody runnin around trying to pamper the situation.

And can someone give the inside story of the whole T.O. vs Donovan feud?

Originally Posted by BlackMamba08

^ Yeah I saw that it was pretty funny.
Whats funny about it all is that He probably was right
laugh.gif
. Imean He has been saying it since forever now. I wonder if/how will people on ESPN defend T.O. with this one.

its so much of a non-issue that Bradie james commented on having to be mediator now and previous times.

Yall can keep the love for TO but at what point do yall admit that he is a problem and a terrible teammate.

ESPN and the media stay on TO and the camera is always on him which multiplies the problem but he is a problem.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
man, thats horrible.

and RyGuy, that Trade was asinine. I hope the Lions select a perennial All pro with that pick
smh.gif

it is a non issue because i fully expect it to come out either today or after the giants game after we win that the story was fabricated ... and Romo will playit down like its nothing

that bradie james comment could have been about ANYTHING ... notice you never heard the interview or the question ...

he isnt the problem, in fact, our team isnt anything without him ... if garrett and romo didnt have TO, we would suck ...

funny how all the receivers had meetings but TO is teh one calle dout for it ...

trade was perfect ... what do we need another first round pick for? so we can select the wrong player?

eek.gif
laugh.gif
man, thats horrible.

smh.gif
Another one being fooled by the media.

Bradie James response was actually in response to a different question he was asked by reporters earlier in the week when it came to problems in the pastregarding the team in general. They were mostly discussing when the defense wasn't gelling and everyone was pointing the finger at everyone. He had saidthat as captain he has to always mediate and get involved whenever there was an issue in general. But of course, ESPN used this quote, and incorporated it intotheir fabricated story to make it seem like they asked James this quesiton in relation to Owens and romo's "conflict." LMAO ESPN is so"smart."

BTW, Newman says there is no problems with Romo and Owens; I'll takehis word over ESPN and their fabricated @$@!$%%!.

He did say however, there are some issues with the coaches and accountability, COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the situation.

Terrence Newman, on ESPN's First Take, was critical of Cowboys coaches. Paraphrasing Newman, Terrence feels that a lack of accountability demonstrated bythe Cowboys' coaches when they make a mistake is hurting the team. Newman further elaborated that there have been instances where coaches have passed onblame for mistakes to players, and that an underlying distrust has resulted between players and certain coaches.

Newman was asked to be specific, but unlike the coaches he has targetted, he refused to name those culpable in his opinion. Terrence also had some thoughts onthe Owens - Romo drama playing out in the press.

Newman believes that everything has been a "he-said, she-said" episode to this point and that nothing has been proven to be true. The Pro Bowlcornerback also pointed out that he has not noticed any animosity between the receiver and quarterback, and that he feels that the recievers speaking toGarrett is nothing unusual, since Jason has an "open-door policy", and has hosted Witten and Romo as well as the receivers.

Terrence noted that he will make sure that Tony and Terrell speak at practice today to set the record straight. Newman also stated that he personally feelsthat Owens needs to get the ball more because the Cowboys have struggled in games where he has been uninvolved. Terrence also mentioned that the defense getsmore "excited" when Terrell makes a big play.

That is pretty much what Newman said. My interpretation of his comments regarding coaching accountability are that he is talking about both sides of the ball.I do not believe that Newman is specifically talking about the defensive coaches, but rather coaches presiding over facets of both the offense and the defense.

Witten has recently talked about assuming accountability in the player and coaching ranks. Greg Ellis brought this up some months ago, and even spoke withJerry in regards to this subject.

I do not think that Newman is specifically targetting Wade, but rather the position coaches. Although I do not have any evidence, it sounded thatTerrence's beef is more directed towards problems encountered with position coaches not taking responsibility for making errors. Of course, he could havealso been talking about the coordinators not taking responsibility for making poor choices in calling plays: who knows for sure besides Newman and some otherplayers.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

well when your OC sucks, what do you expect ...

last year he was the greatest thing in the world and y'all wanted him to be your headcoach

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

smh.gif
Another one being fooled by the media.

Bradie James response was actually in response to a different question he was asked by reporters earlier in the week when it came to problems in the past regarding the team in general. They were mostly discussing when the defense wasn't gelling and everyone was pointing the finger at everyone. He had said that as captain he has to always mediate and get involved whenever there was an issue in general. But of course, ESPN used this quote, and incorporated it into their fabricated story to make it seem like they asked James this quesiton in relation to Owens and romo's "conflict." LMAO ESPN is so "smart."

BTW, Newman says there is no problems with Romo and Owens; I'll takehis word over ESPN and their fabricated @$@!$%%!.

He did say however, there are some issues with the coaches and accountability, COMPLETELY UNRELATED to the situation.

Terrence Newman, on ESPN's First Take, was critical of Cowboys coaches. Paraphrasing Newman, Terrence feels that a lack of accountability demonstrated by the Cowboys' coaches when they make a mistake is hurting the team. Newman further elaborated that there have been instances where coaches have passed on blame for mistakes to players, and that an underlying distrust has resulted between players and certain coaches.

Newman was asked to be specific, but unlike the coaches he has targetted, he refused to name those culpable in his opinion. Terrence also had some thoughts on the Owens - Romo drama playing out in the press.

Newman believes that everything has been a "he-said, she-said" episode to this point and that nothing has been proven to be true. The Pro Bowl cornerback also pointed out that he has not noticed any animosity between the receiver and quarterback, and that he feels that the recievers speaking to Garrett is nothing unusual, since Jason has an "open-door policy", and has hosted Witten and Romo as well as the receivers.

Terrence noted that he will make sure that Tony and Terrell speak at practice today to set the record straight. Newman also stated that he personally feels that Owens needs to get the ball more because the Cowboys have struggled in games where he has been uninvolved. Terrence also mentioned that the defense gets more "excited" when Terrell makes a big play.

That is pretty much what Newman said. My interpretation of his comments regarding coaching accountability are that he is talking about both sides of the ball. I do not believe that Newman is specifically talking about the defensive coaches, but rather coaches presiding over facets of both the offense and the defense.

Witten has recently talked about assuming accountability in the player and coaching ranks. Greg Ellis brought this up some months ago, and even spoke with Jerry in regards to this subject.

I do not think that Newman is specifically targetting Wade, but rather the position coaches. Although I do not have any evidence, it sounded that Terrence's beef is more directed towards problems encountered with position coaches not taking responsibility for making errors. Of course, he could have also been talking about the coordinators not taking responsibility for making poor choices in calling plays: who knows for sure besides Newman and some other players.
*stands up and claps*

last year he was the greatest thing in the world and y'all wanted him to be your headcoach
laugh.gif
... who were those people? i dont remember anyone sayinganything of the sort ...

These guys are so slow too. They don't realize that players talk to their OC's about games and !%%% more often than they think. The problem is thatbecause Dallas is Americas' Team and garners so much attention, its damn near impossible to keep things in house.

Owens in the past went publically to state his "distaste" with his QBs. Where has Owens come out and said ANYTHING? ESPN is grasping quotes andstringing old interviews together to put together a piece that has the weak minded so obviously duped again. And its working because their ratings are high.

SMH @ T.O. wearing christmas gear being a topic on 1st Take. YOu really think if Chad Pennington had that !%%% on they would be making it a story? Obviouslynot.

well when your OC sucks, what do you expect ...

There is no way in hell jason Garrett gets a head coaching job now after last yrs collapse and the way he has mismanaged that offense

and nah, I aint fooled by the media at all. They make watergate stories out of small issues when it comes to TO.BUT are you that naive to believe TO isntcapable of this ?
laugh.gif
when he was pullin stunts in Philly, the Cowboy fans were laughing gleefully, now he's seemingly up to his old tricks again but thistime with the Cowboys and now "we've been fooled"
even tho he has managed to alienate two franchises in this same manner.
the writings on the wall, the Cowboy fans are just choosing not to read it

laugh.gif
@ "They don't realize that players talk to their OC's about games and !%%% more often than they think"

yea the WR core often hold back office meetings with the OC, without the QBs and TE (who by the way normally sits in on the passing attack gameplanmeetings)

MarleysProtege wrote:
BattsLM wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, I believe it will happen if we don't make the playoffs.. I hope not though..
laugh.gif

why not?

the only reason i dont want a meltdown is because everyone is expecting one, but in reality we need one if we dont make the playoffs

I agree that we would need one...But why from T.O? That's what I meant when I said I hope not.. I just don't want him to give the mediawhat they expected and wished for since he became a Cowboy..

Originally Posted by RKO2004

NFL Live is really going in on T.O.
laugh.gif
. I'm convinced Schlereth HATES T.O.

Somebody Youtube it
laugh.gif

Schlereth CLOWNED T.O....... mocking his cry conference after the playoff loss.....

i've finally came to the conclusion that i woulda rather have had this man on my team the last decade instead of TO, Moss, anybody...

t1_holt1_si.jpg

the writings on the wall, the Cowboy fans are just choosing not to read it
Seriously.
This guy has been given too many chances. As much as I hate the cowboys, I cant help but feel bad for them.
smh.gif
smh.gif
@ Jerry Jones for seemingly taking this as if nothing is happening, but feels compelled to talk about Barber.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Originally Posted by truthmain

I hope he does, it would be comedy. You guys must be trippin' if you haven't seen this coming, TO is all about himself and eventually will say something he's gonna regret. And we'll all be here to laugh it up, except for the Cowboy folks who defend him.

Your a tool. You are the ideal person ESPN hopes eats up stories like this.
laugh.gif
Keep denying something ain't gonna happen. Thishappens with every team he's on - they defend him until he's gone, then they turn around and talk all sorts of mess about him.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
man, thats horrible.

He knows whats up.

Source says defensive players support Owens

The rift between Dallas Cowboys stars Terrell Owens, Tony Romo and Jason Witten is wider than just those three players, a source inside the team's locker room told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday.

The source told Werder that the majority of defensive players on the team support Owens' contention that Romo is overly reliant on Jason Witten and often throws into coverage trying to get him the ball while ignoring Owens in situation where he could make a play.

One starting player told Werder that "We are not together as a team, and that includes the coaches."

Dallas defensive back Terence Newman told ESPN's First Take on Friday that reports of a rift are blown out of proportion. Newman said that Owens hadn't said a bad word to anyone, and that, as a defensive player, he'd like Owens to get the ball more.

Newman said that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has an open-door policy and both Romo and Witten, along with wide receiver Patrick Crayton, had been in to talk to their coach.

He also said that team chemistry is "great," but insinuated that when Cowboys' coaches make a mistake, they shift the blame to others and the players have noticed it.

In his weekly readio spot on 1310 "The Ticket" in Dallas, Jones said a meeting took place between Roy Williams, Crayton, Owens and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. He said it was nothing out of the ordinary.

"[Owens is] interested in the ball to win the game," Jones said. "He knows if he can get the ball, we have a better chance to win the game. We all agree with that."

Jones said that he visited with Owens for 10 or 15 minutes during practice on Thursday, but said the subject of the meeting with Garrett did not come up. "Not that he [Owens] feels slighted or he feels like there's some type of favoritism going on," Jones said.

Jones also said that Garrett encourages "continual communication."

Phillips said that reports that the team is in turmoil are untrue. "I don't agree," he said.

"Enough talking. We need to get it done," Phillips said.

The comments come a day after a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates told ESPN that Owens thinks Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment and Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

"I don't know anything about that," Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.

"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."

Owens declined to discuss the situation on Thursday outside the Cowboys' locker room. As he walked toward the players' lounge at Valley Ranch, ESPN asked Owens if he would answer questions and he said, "Nope.''

But later Thursday, Owens told The Dallas Morning News: "I'm not jealous of Witten. I'm not jealous of nobody. I can take the approach that I got paid, so screw everything, but that's not me.

"I just want to win. I'm not trying to create a war of words with anybody. I thought we had a productive meeting, and I just talked to Jason about Tony reading the whole play because other people are open besides Witten."

Witten appeared Thursday afternoon on ESPNRadio 1050 in New York.

"Tony and I have been friends for a long time, way before either one of us were playing that much," Witten said. "I don't think we're drawing up many plays together to be completely honest, but I don't think Terrell feels that way. I think he knows he's a play-maker, and we try to go to him, and we have other guys we try to get the ball, too."

Information from ESPN's Ed Werder and ESPN.com's Matt Mosley is included in this report

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Terrence also mentioned that the defense gets more "excited" when Terrell makes a big play.

I heard newman say this on espn and I dont agree with him He and the d should be "excited" when ANY receiver makes a big play

this is a damn joke ... now if you listen to terder hes backing off everything and suddenly saying "o it goes beyond 3 receivers being upset" and"the defense agrees with owens" ... either he realizes he messed up or espn realizes that this is some !@%*$%#% ... its all of a sudden the leadstory that maybe its not as bad as they reported it and TO isnt all to blame ... *!@! espn

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Source says defensive players support Owens

The rift between Dallas Cowboys stars Terrell Owens, Tony Romo and Jason Witten is wider than just those three players, a source inside the team's locker room told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday.

The source told Werder that the majority of defensive players on the team support Owens' contention that Romo is overly reliant on Jason Witten and often throws into coverage trying to get him the ball while ignoring Owens in situation where he could make a play.

One starting player told Werder that "We are not together as a team, and that includes the coaches."

Dallas defensive back Terence Newman told ESPN's First Take on Friday that reports of a rift are blown out of proportion. Newman said that Owens hadn't said a bad word to anyone, and that, as a defensive player, he'd like Owens to get the ball more.

Newman said that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has an open-door policy and both Romo and Witten, along with wide receiver Patrick Crayton, had been in to talk to their coach.

He also said that team chemistry is "great," but insinuated that when Cowboys' coaches make a mistake, they shift the blame to others and the players have noticed it.

In his weekly readio spot on 1310 "The Ticket" in Dallas, Jones said a meeting took place between Roy Williams, Crayton, Owens and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. He said it was nothing out of the ordinary.

"[Owens is] interested in the ball to win the game," Jones said. "He knows if he can get the ball, we have a better chance to win the game. We all agree with that."

Jones said that he visited with Owens for 10 or 15 minutes during practice on Thursday, but said the subject of the meeting with Garrett did not come up. "Not that he [Owens] feels slighted or he feels like there's some type of favoritism going on," Jones said.

Jones also said that Garrett encourages "continual communication."

Phillips said that reports that the team is in turmoil are untrue. "I don't agree," he said.

"Enough talking. We need to get it done," Phillips said.

The comments come a day after a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates told ESPN that Owens thinks Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment and Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.

"I don't know anything about that," Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.

"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."

Owens declined to discuss the situation on Thursday outside the Cowboys' locker room. As he walked toward the players' lounge at Valley Ranch, ESPN asked Owens if he would answer questions and he said, "Nope.''

But later Thursday, Owens told The Dallas Morning News: "I'm not jealous of Witten. I'm not jealous of nobody. I can take the approach that I got paid, so screw everything, but that's not me.

"I just want to win. I'm not trying to create a war of words with anybody. I thought we had a productive meeting, and I just talked to Jason about Tony reading the whole play because other people are open besides Witten."

Witten appeared Thursday afternoon on ESPNRadio 1050 in New York.

"Tony and I have been friends for a long time, way before either one of us were playing that much," Witten said. "I don't think we're drawing up many plays together to be completely honest, but I don't think Terrell feels that way. I think he knows he's a play-maker, and we try to go to him, and we have other guys we try to get the ball, too."

Information from ESPN's Ed Werder and ESPN.com's Matt Mosley is included in this report

OK this is Philly all over again right?

huh? it isnt "sources" ... its terrence newman, who came slam out on a radio show and agreed with TO and said the coaches need to start takingresponsibility ... @#+! are you talkin about?

Back
Top Bottom