Empire New series in Fox

Taraji showed up, and Hakeem and Jamal performed on American Idol last night
thats ridiculous. fictional characters who can't actually sing or rap get a spot on a competition for real singers. the industry today man i tell ya
Eh, Jamal can sing though. Not that good but it aint like it's somebody else's voice. Same with whack *** Hakeem.

Aint no different than all the other ppl who are stars and make millions off their subpar singing voices. Plus American Idol needs the ratings.
^^^ American Idol done fell off hard tho. Can't believe I used to watch that show religiously
Like a decade ago.

Show was really only good for the beginning when the trash joke ppl would tryout.

Last edited:
4 of 5 of those American Idol people fall off and make no waves anyway so why not? Shoutout to Justin Guarini :lol:
besides the point lol. they can ACTUALLY sing. this fool jamal got that HEAVY studio magic on everything he does. his singing voice as a whole really isnt that nice but hell, hes an actor not a singer. im just saying its messed up for people who can really sing and bust their a** to get up on the AI stage. then some clown who cant sing but is in a popular tv show waltzes up there and stinks up the place while u pretend to like his singing :rofl:  thats that struggle. 

Empire has been phenominal in the rating every week, killing the competition. American Idol is at a similar pace but in the wrong direction.
Fox is just tryna have some heat rub off on AI

Last edited:
If they can get Prince in an episode of New Girl, maybe they can get him on an episode of Empire. I wouldn't be upset of this show gains more popularity and big names show up AS themselves just like celebs did in Entourage.

I watched every episode of Empire so far and my thoughts on the show:

Jamal is the only likable character.

Taraji P. Henson tries to own every scene she's in.

Hakeem looks like Nick Young.

Thank god Terence Howard isn't rapping on this show, because I had a hard time buying him as a rapper ten years ago in Hustle & Flow. 

We need Michael DeLorenzo on Empire so we can get a New York Undercover reunion before Malik Yoba's character is eventually killed off.

Empire is the Black version of Dallas/Dynasty with a little Hustle & Flow.

That is all.
0KadI78.gif

Last edited:
If they can get Prince in an episode of New Girl, maybe they can get him on an episode of Empire. I wouldn't be upset of this show gains more popularity and big names show up AS themselves just like celebs did in Entourage.
Prince was on New Girl because it's the only TV show he reportedly watches.

Patiently waiting for the Tyrese guest appearance in Season 2.
laugh.gif

Are the actual ppl posting that ****? :lol:

I read the first one and just chuckled. Thought it was fake and like some internet meme or a joke ps pic.

This dude Tyrese dead *** pretending he Jody on the internet talking about he about to go be on Empire to get Yvette back? :rofl: :smh:

:lol: @ Derek Luke mocking him

Prince was on New Girl because it's the only TV show he reportedly watches.
:rofl: That's funny.

Last edited:

too late for that, they've already had real people with fake names. courtney love and estelle.

and j hud. but they said john legend by name. i dont remember if mary j had her own name or not
I don't know if they ever really said Mary J's name or not. I think Anthony Hamilton was by name as well when Luscious had him there singing for Anika.

Meant to post yesterday...Jussie Smollet (Jamal) was on the radio yesterday and said that the episodes tomorrow are going to be crazy. He said the first one is directed by Mario Van Peebles and the final one is directed by Debbie Allen.

He also said Taraji wears this bad *** tight red dress and she looking lovely in it.
devil.gif

Someone said "boy that's your momma."
laugh.gif

He replied with "that's Jamal's mom, that ain't Jussie's mom."
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

I don't know if they ever really said Mary J's name or not. I think Anthony Hamilton was by name as well when Luscious had him there singing for Anika.

Meant to post yesterday...Jussie Smollet (Jamal) was on the radio yesterday and said that the episodes tomorrow are going to be crazy. He said the first one is directed by Mario Van Peebles and the final one is directed by Debbie Allen.

He also said Taraji wears this bad *** tight red dress and she looking lovely in it.
devil.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nthat.gif
ill response lmaooooooo. i never understood shows having multiple directors. things can get messy that way but w/e if it works it works i guess. i just dont see the benefit

ill response lmaooooooo. i never understood shows having multiple directors. things can get messy that way but w/e if it works it works i guess. i just dont see the benefit
Yea I was shocked when he said that about the different directors. Can lead to different styles and feelings when they do "their" episode one would think.

He said it was cool working with MVP though because the first casting role he was on was New Jack City when he was a kid and now he got to work with him again. I didn't know he was in New Jack City, granted he was just a kid though.

too late for that, they've already had real people with fake names. courtney love and estelle.

I said it'd be cool if they show up AS themselves, not playing characters. Imagine if D'angelo shows up as D'angelo, Timbaland shows up as Timbaland, etc

and j hud. but they said john legend by name. i dont remember if mary j had her own name or not

devil.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nthat.gif
@WrightOne86  so he mentioned Taraji's dress? ....even tho he's sweeter than fruit cocktail in simple syrup.  
laugh.gif

Last edited:

@WrightOne86  so he mentioned Taraji's dress? ....even tho he's sweeter than fruit cocktail in simple syrup.  
laugh.gif
Yea he mentioned it. I watched that interview he had with Ellen, after Ellen, and it was really weird. Like he was announcing it without saying type of thing.
laugh.gif

"There was never a closet."

"I wanted to talk about this on your show before anyone else's."

When are they going to stop playing and have Journee Smollett on the show though
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom