Empire New series in Fox

i started watching the version with Glenn Close and Patrick Stewart.  I'd rather the Katherine Hepburn one but I can't find it for free

Last edited:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

nahhhh I'll take booboo kitty all day bruh. love her face yo. little cute ***. and she's from the cayman islands too. that bahama Caymanian box.
Fixed.

@ServeChilled81 man, like minds
smokin.gif

I was literally just about to come in here and say I just realized Empire is the black hip hop version of The Lion in Winter. I saw the version with Peter O'Toole, Anthony Hopkins, and Katharine Hepburn last month and it is literally this show with a few obvious changes.

Big spoilers if you plan on watching any version of the movie so you're warned again:

The few changes being the youngest son matches Hakeem well (cuz he hates his mom and loves his dad) only I felt in the movie he was the one that was mentally off a bit.

The remaining eldest son who was best suited and extremely ambitious was the one that was secretly gay and in love with the King of France so that is why Henry shunned him. He was not at all jealous of his brothers like Andre is and he wasn't crazy/bi-polar.

The middle son, Geoffrey was never really considered, he allied with his moms and was pretty boring but it was revealed he was the most manipulative, making moves to basically make his older and younger brothers not suited to be king and/or maneuver things in a way so they were found out to be traitors to the king when they all tried to make a deal with the king of France to get rid of their father (so I guess they switched a few character traits for the show between Jamal (Geoffrey) and Andre (Richard) that being homosexual and manipulative).

Also the chick based off Anika's character was just an innocent woman in love with the king and the king was just getting old not dying from some incurable disease. She only gets a real back bone when Henry says he's going to Italy so the Pope can get him a divorce. She then tells him she'll only marry him if he kills his sons cuz she knows after Henry dies the sons will kill any children she has with him since they would be the new heirs.

I liked the movie so much I had to look up how things turned out cuz in the end, he just exiles his sons and wife. What happens later though is Richard eventually comes back with an army, I think backed by the French after his father dies and becomes the new king.

The movie was great. Now that I realized this is based off of it I'm like
mean.gif
indifferent.gif
This is a straight butchered and bastardized version.
It's also based on Shakespeare's King Lear. Pretty crazy when you see everything play out. I hate that I'm digging this show.

Hakeem talking about he got his hands on some C4 
laugh.gif

everybody was like

You-Are-Really-Dumb-Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif

I thought Andre was gonna bust out a hidden talent when they were singing Lean on Me

Last edited:
I gotta say for a show I like/hate this was a really good ep. Things really got revved up. This madgrab for artists was crazy. Good tv. I can see now how they're increasing ratings every week.

I thought Anika just let dude smash. She straight up betrayed the fam and sold Lucius out to Creedmoor :smh:

Cookie trying to get wild with the head of security :lol: :rofl:

That ending with ppl just showing up and singing along to Dre spazzing was so messed up though :smh:
I thought Andre was gonna bust out a hidden talent when they were singing Lean on Me
That moment and only then did I think the same and feel so bad for dude.

Then I was impressed with his persuasion spit game when he was describing the set up of the deal with the artists. It was so on point.

Other than that it's hard to like dude even though he has a mental illness.

i thought fasho Dre was gonna spaz on the elevator, like legit spaz when he hugged his brothers at the end of the song and go straight ryan gosling from drive on em. walk out covered in blood. If only this show was on hbo.

Estelle's duet with Jamal
pimp.gif
real solid. they put that heavy magic on Jamal to get him to sound right with estelle. AND THEN they were singing in a glass booth. 
laugh.gif
 makes 0 sense. hot song tho.

bruh when Andre threw his temper tantrum in the board room? i was like O_O but then he grabbed the rack of basketballs and just fell under them and i lost it 
roll.gif
 did they just baker act him or forcibly put him in the hospital?

jamal with the line of the show "cut it out with the gay stuff" (or something to that effect) in the elevator to andre 
roll.gif

i thought fasho Dre was gonna spaz on the elevator, like legit spaz when he hugged his brothers at the end of the song and go straight ryan gosling from drive on em. walk out covered in blood. If only this show was on hbo.

EL EM AY OH AT RYAN GOSLING DRIVE REFERENCE

Dre really can sing though.

Dre spazzing out was crazy. He really plays that part well. Felt bad for him a few times in this episode, but when he fell yanking the ball rack was :lol:

Jamal hitting Lucious with the speech to get off his high horse. Was really about to turn down a multi-plat artist because his gay son was the one to find them :lol:

Dre really can sing though.

Dre spazzing out was crazy. He really plays that part well. Felt bad for him a few times in this episode, but when he fell yanking the ball rack was
laugh.gif

Jamal hitting Lucious with the speech to get off his high horse. Was really about to turn down a multi-plat artist because his gay son was the one to find them
laugh.gif
dre iight. how about lucious and his rival having the old school mexican standoff in the middle of the street in broad daylight tho?

dre iight. how about lucious and his rival having the old school mexican standoff in the middle of the street in broad daylight tho?
Acting like they about to have a shootout right in the streets :lol:

He is so hurt that Lucious left him, lol

The standoff was crazy like man wtf, did I missed something? ...how they just come back from a commercial like that ...and I told my wife when Dre fell under the basketball rack, was that scripted or was he ad libbing bc if so then he's actin his *** off. :lol:

The standoff was crazy like man wtf, did I missed something? ...how they just come back from a commercial like that ...and I told my wife when Dre fell under the basketball rack, was that scripted or was he ad libbing bc if so then he's actin his *** off.
laugh.gif
nah man nobody wrote *get pinned under basketball rack* - stage right. buddy saw opportunity, and went for it. 
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom