Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

In case this doesn't load because of Twitter being a total mess today

To address extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation, we’ve applied the following temporary limits:
- Verified accounts are limited to reading 6000 posts/day
- Unverified accounts to 600 posts/day
- New unverified accounts to 300/day

To address extreme levels of data scraping & system manipulation, we’ve applied the following temporary limits:

some rumors that it's because the contract with Google to host services ends today and he doesn't want to renew it.

Twitter blue has flatlined at ~$6 million per month, which is a fraction of what they make in ads, which is also dropping.

el-n is worse than tr&mp at this business thing

Wait is verified account the ones with the blue check? So he’s finally like “I got to charge for Twitter”. Keep in mind 600 tweets is a lot but he can arbitrarily lower it too….

Wait is verified account the ones with the blue check? So he’s finally like “I got to charge for Twitter”. Keep in mind 600 tweets is a lot but he can arbitrarily lower it too….

600 tweets really isn't that many when you're scrolling through the timeline and looking at some replies

Could probably hit the limit in a few minutes

600 tweets really isn't that many when you're scrolling through the timeline and looking at some replies

Could probably hit the limit in a few minutes
I don’t use it a lot outside of seeing post, but I wouldn’t be surprised. I wonder if the timing for this is due to NBA free agency which is very contingent on tweets for reporting? It’s also ironic this is happening the same day Reddit killed off the 3rd party apps…

Giving an oligarch control one of most important app in the world is a disservice to humanity.
I assume also this type of control is in place cause of what’s going on in the France riots.

Giving an oligarch control one of most important app in the world is a disservice to humanity.
I assume also this type of control is in place cause of what’s going on in the France riots.
Yup. Tiktok is still kind of hard to search for stuff where as twitter was easier for that kind of info. I wish somebody would’ve stepped in but I bet governments welcome this

CNN has reached out to Twitter for comment, but the platform responded with an automated poop emoji.

Just hit 600 in less than 10 minutes...
no-soup-for-you-seinfield.gif

I'm def down to switch to a new platform, but if Elon being a screw up gets all the goofy easily offended, wanna argue all the time users off the app. Then maybe it was for the best :lol:

Back
Top Bottom