Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter (edit: deal has been finalized)

Yea I don't see a mass exodus.

Take iMessage for example. Mfs can't be bothered to download a third party app like Whatsapp or Telegram to communicate with non iOS devices.

I see Threads having staying power. Twitter has always been difficult to use tbh

Network effects are strong and incorporating IG into it is brilliant. F Twitter

if i can browse threads on desktop then it'll be solid.. otherwise...

im not really present on anything. care to explain

Many people claimed they couldn't support Twitter anymore because of Elon running it & them not agreeing with his stances/actions on a lot of things. I respect that, to each it's own. But to then turn around & join a twitter clone ran by Zuckerberg kind of defeats the purpose IMO

Many people claimed they couldn't support Twitter anymore because of Elon running it & them not agreeing with his stances/actions on a lot of things. I respect that, to each it's own. But to then turn around & join a twitter clone ran by Zuckerberg kind of defeats the purpose IMO
I don't think people are leaving because of the owner, I think they are leaving because of the product declining and stagnating, name one innovation that has happened with Twitter over the past 10 years

I don’t really care about either of them but at least Zuck hasn’t exposed himself as a clown the way Elon has recently (as far as I know)

I'm surprised it took them this long to come up with a Twitter alternative. According to Zuckerberg may have had over 30 million sign ups in the first 24 hours which is impressive.

The platform itself is still pretty half-baked. A chronological timeline and direct messaging should have been day one features. They also need to develop some feature that differentiates Threads from Twitter, I don't think Threads will succeed if it's literally the exact same thing as Twitter.

Being tied to an Instagram account is a smart idea for many reasons. Obviously it makes signing up and getting started quick but it also takes away one of the worst parts of Twitter.

One of the big complaints people have about Twitter is that it can get toxic. Tying a threads account to a real Instagram account makes it so people (hopefully) or less toxic because they are not as anonymous. Threads will ever kill Twitter but I think there is a big market for a PG-13, less toxic Twitter alternative.

I don't think people are leaving because of the owner, I think they are leaving because of the product declining and stagnating, name one innovation that has happened with Twitter over the past 10 years

nah. elon ran it to the ground. as soon as he got in, he made drastic changes without testing if they work or not.

off the top of my head:

-selling/buying verifications checks = people used it to make troll accounts and ****** up businesses
-more ads
-flagging news reports saying that it's fake
-limiting the how many tweets you can view unless you pay for more (final straw for most)

we live in a toxic world, ANY platform that allows strangers in is going to eventually turn into that. Also apparently once you create a thread you can't delete it without deleting your IG :lol:

Zuck right now

1688668069105.png

While they still drive teslas :lol:

Back
Top Bottom