ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

eek.gif
i have never seen somebody so infatuated with political polls.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

???

Everyone needs to listen to this, and then tell me that if they still believe McCain will be more prepared to fix the economy than Obama is.�Listen to the last 2 minutes, he really drives home the point there.
Obama won't fix $#%% just like McCain. It's beyond them.

^^^^^ That type of narrowed minded thinking is the reason that nothing changes. At least Obama knows what needs to be done. But I guess you rather have him stand up there and attack McCain about some !#@%%%+% issue instead of arguing policy. And also how do you know it is beyond him, thats right you don't, you just running your mouth.
What does Obama know, honestly? He knows that things need to be changed?
Oh whooooooopeeeeeeee. What a great revelation. Who would of thought that things need to be changed on Wall Street.

What exactly is he proposing. . Where is the detailed proposal to reform the Finance, Banking, Deriviative,Securities, and Credit Swap markets. I think he owes the American voter that much.
It looks like Obama is the one running his mouth with no substance. Just another politician promising things that he can't or won't deliver.

Obama's points are kind of moot when he has received the most campaign $'s from Wall Street firms. Maybe he should start by giving them back. Let himstart to change things from there.

Originally Posted by air234ever

Check it out Fox News turning on McCain....
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

��
wow thats fox news? Impressive!� HAHAHA when she went.. NO NO lets stay on point
roll.gif

wawaweewa wrote:
rickybadman wrote:
^^^^^ That type of narrowed minded thinking is the reason that nothing changes. At least Obama knows what needs to be done. But I guess you rather have him stand up there and attack McCain about some !#@%%%+% issue instead of arguing policy. And also how do you know it is beyond him, thats right you don't, you just running your mouth.
Oh whooooooopeeeeeeee. What a great revelation. Who would of thought that things need to be changed on Wall Street.

What exactly is he proposing. . Where is the detailed proposal to reform the Finance, Banking, Deriviative, Securities, and Credit Swap markets. I think he owes the American voter that much.
It looks like Obama is the one running his mouth with no substance. Just another politician promising things that he can't or won't deliver.

Obama's points are kind of moot when he has received the most campaign $'s from Wall Street firms. Maybe he should start by giving them back. Let him start to change things from there.

He is pormising not to repeat the mistakes made by Reagan and Bush. He does not need a detailed proposal right now genius, that comes when he is president and he releases his fisacal plan. He does not owe the American voter a detailed plan because he is still running for the presidency, he has outlined his plan so the voters know what he plans on doing. Obama is speaking truths, not run arounds and lies like McCain. Obama's campaign has not been on the news defending themselves from people calling the out for being liars. That would be the McCain campaign.

Where he receives his funding does not make his argument moot. He has received record amounts from all different places, maybe some Wall Street firms want change, so that they can avoid being taken over by the government. Oh and you think giving back a few million will help against tens of billions of debt. Your talking BS, your are trying to say Obama is on the same level as McCain when it comes to economic policy and your are dead wrong.

I don't know what Regan has to do with this. What's happening now occurred under Clinton and Bush.

This has nothing to do with a fiscal plan, genius. This is monetary and regulatory policy. Not fiscal policy. What's his take on monetary policy? Does hewant the Treasury to play a bigger role in monetary policy? You know since the Federal Reserve deals with monetary policy and not the executive Branch.What's his take on what should change at SEC and what their role should be? All he's doing is talking. I can talk a big game too. Don't you want toknow some details about how he plans to "change" things before he actually becomes president? Just a thought.
laugh.gif

I'm glad you think he owes nothing to the American voter since he's only running for the presidency.

What does giving back campaign contributions have to do with the governments debt?
The governments debt is one thing and campaign contributions are another.

^^^
I mean, I'm not really sure how it got to this point, but... you can put Obama on blast all you want, fact is, McCain probably doesn't have a very goodidea about what to do about this either. They're both running for president, and neither are economic experts.

Sure, it's pretty annoying when dudes run around with their "Obama will save humanity because he brings change" antics, but at least the dude canaccept the position we're in as a country. McCain seems to be having trouble with the reality he has crafted in his own mind with all the lies thatcamp's been telling recently....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

wawaweewa wrote:
rickybadman wrote:

What exactly is he proposing. . Where is the detailed proposal to reform the Finance, Banking, Deriviative, Securities, and Credit Swap markets. I think he owes the American voter that much.

Obama's points are kind of moot when he has received the most campaign $'s from Wall Street firms. Maybe he should start by giving them back. Let him start to change things from there.

He is pormising not to repeat the mistakes made by Reagan and Bush. He does not need a detailed proposal right now genius, that comes when he is president and he releases his fisacal plan. He does not owe the American voter a detailed plan because he is still running for the presidency, he has outlined his plan so the voters know what he plans on doing. Obama is speaking truths, not run arounds and lies like McCain. Obama's campaign has not been on the news defending themselves from people calling the out for being liars. That would be the McCain campaign.

Where he receives his funding does not make his argument moot. He has received record amounts from all different places, maybe some Wall Street firms want change, so that they can avoid being taken over by the government. Oh and you think giving back a few million will help against tens of billions of debt. Your talking BS, your are trying to say Obama is on the same level as McCain when it comes to economic policy and your are dead wrong.

I don't know what Regan has to do with this. What's happening now occurred under Clinton and Bush.

This has nothing to do with a fiscal plan, genius. This is monetary and regulatory policy. Not fiscal policy. What's his take on monetary policy? Does he want the Treasury to play a bigger role in monetary policy? You know since the Federal Reserve deals with monetary policy and not the executive Branch. What's his take on what should change at SEC and what their role should be? All he's doing is talking. I can talk a big game too. Don't you want to know some details about how he plans to "change" things before he actually becomes president? Just a thought.
laugh.gif

I'm glad you think he owes nothing to the American voter since he's only running for the presidency.

What does giving back campaign contributions have to do with the governments debt?

the Fed's board of governors is appointed by the president right?
edit: so whoever is elected does have some say in how the Fed is run and therefore they are linked to the executive branch

I'm glad it seems like the media and general public are finally waking up...

Fox of all people...Wow...That's what's up.

I think the biggest point people haven't brought up is who can actually bring change in 2009.

Let's say McCain wins. I don't know the exact numbers but Congress will have a Democrat majority and a Republican president. I feel like there'sgoing to be a lot of vetoing and overriding of legislature.

Now if Obama wins, he can actually bring change. A Democrat president with a Democrat Congress can get the legislature that they want, passed. There'd beno deadlock in government and I doubt Obama is going to veto much of anything Congress passes.

Now I'm no expert and I may be wrong in this assumption, but clearly it makes sense that Obama can propose change. McCain may do the same but can heactually?

Feel free to school me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by Kal Ripped Ken

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

wawaweewa wrote:
rickybadman wrote:

This has nothing to do with a fiscal plan, genius. This is monetary and regulatory policy. Not fiscal policy. What's his take on monetary policy? Does he want the Treasury to play a bigger role in monetary policy? You know since the Federal Reserve deals with monetary policy and not the executive Branch. What's his take on what should change at SEC and what their role should be? All he's doing is talking. I can talk a big game too. Don't you want to know some details about how he plans to "change" things before he actually becomes president? Just a thought.
laugh.gif

the Fed's board of governors is appointed by the president right?
edit: so whoever is elected does have some say in how the Fed is run and therefore they are linked to the executive branch

The Chairmen of the Fed is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. However, the President is brought a list of about 30 names fromwhich he gets to choose who to appoint. Guess who that list is created by?

The Fed has some say in how the executive is run.
laugh.gif

Watch Sarah Palin on Fox News' 'Hannity & Colmes' Tonight at 9p.m. ET

Part 1 tonight
Part 2 tomorrow night

50 to 60 minutes of video footage (in contrast Obama on O'Reilly was only 30 minute)

I'm sure lots of you will tune in since it's Fox News....
wink.gif

[h3]Exclusive: Sarah Palin[/h3]
Sean Hannity sits down with the GOP vice presidential nominee, Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET. Watch a preview

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Watch Sarah Palin on Fox News' 'Hannity & Colmes' Tonight at 9 p.m. ET

Part 1 tonight
Part 2 tomorrow night

50 to 60 minutes of video footage (in contrast Obama on O'Reilly was only 30 minute)

I'm sure lots of you will tune in since it's Fox News....
wink.gif

Great another chance for her to get questions that she knows are coming
eyes.gif
. I want someone who's thoroughly independent to sit her down and ask hersome tough questions. I know some of you say that about Obama but the man can hold his own. Palin really cannot.

CLEVELAND, Ohio (CNN) - Sarah Palin took her first impromptu question in weeks from a reporter traveling with her campaign Wednesday while shaking hands at a restaurant called Karl's Inn of the Barristers in Cleveland.

A pool reporter from the national press corps asked Palin's reaction to the federal bailout of insurance giant AIG.

Palin said she is "disappointed that taxpayers are called upon to bailout another one."

"Certainly AIG, though, with the construction bonds that they're holding, and with the insurance that they are holding, very, very impactful to Americans," she said. "So you know, the shot that has been called by the feds, its understandable but very, very disappointing that taxpayers are called upon for another one."

The reporter asked Palin if she had plans to come to the back of the campaign plane to chat with the reporters who cover her as she campaigns around the country.

"We're getting lonely back there," the reporter said.

"Are you getting lonely?," Palin answered. "Gee, yeah, come on up then!"

When Palin entered the restaurant with her husband Todd, she introduced herself to about 10 patrons as "Sarah," and told them, "Excuse me for interrupting your meal." It was Palin's first retail campaign stop since the day McCain tapped her as his running mate.

Taken from http://politicalticker.bl...tion-from-national-press/

"Certainly AIG, though, with the construction bonds that they're holding, and with the insurance that they are holding, very, very impactful to Americans," she said. "So you know, the shot that has been called by the feds, its understandable but very, very disappointing that taxpayers are called upon for another one."

She has no clue what she's talking about.

http://www.nytimes.com/20...&oref=slogin&oref=slogin:

McCain's Radical Agenda

By BOB HERBERT
Published: September 15, 2008
Talk about a shock to the system.
Has anyone bothered to notice the radical changes that John McCain and Sarah Palin are planning for the nation's health insurance system?

These are changes that will set in motion nothing less than the dismantling of the employer-based coverage that protects most American families.

A study coming out Tuesday from scholars at Columbia, Harvard, Purdue and Michigan projects that 20 million Americans who have employment-based healthinsurance would lose it under the McCain plan.

There is nothing secret about Senator McCain's far-reaching proposals, but they haven't gotten much attention because the chatter in this campaign hasmostly been about nonsense - lipstick, celebrities and "Drill, baby, drill!"

For starters, the McCain health plan would treat employer-paid health benefits as income that employees would have to pay taxes on.

"It means your employer is going to have to make an estimate on how much the employer is paying for health insurance on your behalf, and you are going tohave to pay taxes on that money," said Sherry Glied, an economist who chairs the Department of Health Policy and Management at Columbia University'sMailman School of Public Health.

Ms. Glied is one of the four scholars who have just completed an independent joint study of the plan. Their findings are being published on the Web site of thepolicy journal, Health Affairs.

According to the study: "The McCain plan will force millions of Americans into the weakest segment of the private insurance system - the nongroup market -where cost-sharing is high, covered services are limited and people will lose access to benefits they have now.
"

The net effect of the plan, the study said, "almost certainly will be to increase family costs for medical care.
"

Under the McCain plan (now the McCain-Palin plan) employees who continue to receive employer-paid health benefits would look at their pay stubs each week oreach month and find that additional money had been withheld to cover the taxes on the value of their benefits.

While there might be less money in the paycheck, that would not be anything to worry about, according to Senator McCain. That's because the governmentwould be offering all taxpayers a refundable tax credit - $2,500 for a single worker and $5,000 per family - to be used "to help pay for your health care.
"

You may think this is a good move or a bad one - but it's a monumental change in the way health coverage would be provided to scores of millions ofAmericans.
Why not more attention?

The whole idea of the McCain plan is to get families out of employer-paid health coverage and into the health insurance marketplace, where naked competition issupposed to take care of all ills. (We're seeing in the Bear Stearns, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch fiascos just how well theunfettered marketplace has been working.
)

Taxing employer-paid health benefits is the first step in this transition, the equivalent of injecting poison into the system. It's the beginning of theend.

When younger, healthier workers start seeing additional taxes taken out of their paychecks, some (perhaps many) will opt out of the employer-based plans -either to buy cheaper insurance on their own or to go without coverage.

That will leave employers with a pool of older, less healthy workers to cover. That coverage will necessarily be more expensive, which will encourage more andmore employers to give up on the idea of providing coverage at all.

The upshot is that many more Americans - millions more - will find themselves on their own in the bewildering and often treacherous health insurancemarketplace. As Senator McCain has said: "I believe the key to real reform is to restore control over our health care system to the patients themselves.
"

Yet another radical element of McCain's plan is his proposal to undermine state health insurance regulations by allowing consumers to buy insurance fromsellers anywhere in the country. So a requirement in one state that insurers cover, for example, vaccinations, or annual physicals, or breast examinations,would essentially be meaningless.

In a refrain we've heard many times in recent years, Mr. McCain said he is committed to ridding the market of these "needless and costly"insurance regulations.

This entire McCain health insurance transformation is right out of the right-wing Republicans' ideological playbook: fewer regulations; let the marketdecide; and send unsophisticated consumers into the crucible alone.

You would think that with some of the most venerable houses on Wall Street crumbling like sand castles right before our eyes, we'd be a little wary aboutspreading this toxic formula even further into the health care system.

But we're not even paying much attention.

[table][tr][td]Gallup Tracking[/td] [td]09/14 - 09/16[/td] [td]2787 RV[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]Obama +2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rasmussen Tracking[/td] [td]09/14 - 09/16[/td] [td]3000 LV[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]McCain +1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hotline/FD Tracking[/td] [td]09/14 - 09/16[/td] [td]909 RV[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]Obama +3[/td] [/tr][/table]
Obama is regaining the lead
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Group Posts E-mail Hacked from Palin Account
Wired News - 3 hours ago
The information includes five screenshots of e-mail in Palin's inbox, including an exchange with Alaskan Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell about his campaign ...
[table][tr][td]
Jossip
[/td] [td]
Palin's Email Account Hacked (PHOTOS)
Huffington Post, NY - 2 hours ago
At around midnight last night the group gained access to governor Palin's email account ... and handed over the contents to the government sunshine site ...
Sarah Palin's Personal E-mail Cracked By Hacktivists New York Daily News
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&resnum=0&ie=UTF-8&resnum=1&ncl=1247364444
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hackers target Palin's e-mail account, post screenshots
Dallas Morning News, TX - 1 hour ago
Victor Godinez reports on our technology blog that Sarah Palin's personal e-mail account has been hacked into, and the contents posted online. ...
Wikileaks hacks Palin's private e-mail account guardian.co.uk
all 2 news articles »

Originally Posted by acidicality

On Faux News, they're going to do everything they can to make Palin look good and ask very easy questions.
Kind of like how Obama was treated by Charlie Gibson or other liberal main stream media in interviews?

That being said I don't think the questions are going to be "very easy".... but you won't know if you don't watch.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

Real talk right here. This is what the election is going to boil down to...Like it or not.

smh.gif
I think race probably isn't playing too much of a factor in polling as of right now.... but where I think it's going tohave the biggest impact is on Election day. When independents, or people undecided/on the fence about who to vote for go to vote, race could play a factor. Forthe most part liberals/democrats are going to vote for Obama and conservatives/republicans are going to vote for McCain. It's the other people who aregoing to play the biggest role in who wins this election.

Back
Top Bottom