Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

That website is written like a consiparcy theorist website but yes I will give you this. Micheal Hasting most likely was killed by the government. He exposed something as a journalist which is his job and people came for him.

Its not right for something as simple as writing that the government was watching you and a Generals Opinion.

I PUT UP 3 DIFFERENT WEBSITES, YOU CAN GOOGLE HIS NAME AND GO THROUGH 100S OF WEBSITES THAT HAVE COVERED THIS NON STORY

So if someone told you they were committing crimes you wouldn't say anything because ITS A SECRET!? Where does this blind loyalty to leaders that don't give a F about you come from? Let me guess, you're 12 and this is your daddys opinion you are adopting.
Ok calm down. There is a difference between the a criminal crime of a person and a person telling Governmental secrets to other countries which really care even less about you.

I truely think if he just talked about Prism and the NSA wire tapping thing then it would have been fine for me.

Then he went running to other countries telling secrets and threatening to release other secrets if something happens to him. The man is no hero, he said something that was bad fine but now he is telling gods knows what to other countries which could hurt my country in the long run. Speaking out about government wrong doings to the public is fine, hell its a American Tradition but telling other countries out secrets makes him a traitor.

My loyalty is to the country I live in because really there are not many other places a 22 year black male from NY can go and have a good chance outside of Europe(maybe)

Stockholm syndrome

So if someone told you they were committing crimes you wouldn't say anything because ITS A SECRET!? Where does this blind loyalty to leaders that don't give a F about you come from? Let me guess, you're 12 and this is your daddys opinion you are adopting.
Ok calm down. There is a difference between the a criminal crime of a person and a person telling Governmental secrets to other countries which really care even less about you.

I truely think if he just talked about Prism and the NSA wire tapping thing then it would have been fine for me.

Then he went running to other countries telling secrets and threatening to release other secrets if something happens to him. The man is no hero, he said something that was bad fine but now he is telling gods knows what to other countries which could hurt my country in the long run. Speaking out about government wrong doings to the public is fine, hell its a American Tradition but telling other countries out secrets makes him a traitor.

My loyalty is to the country I live in because really there are not many other places a 22 year black male from NY can go and have a good chance outside of Europe(maybe)

Stockholm syndrome

On-point son.

Miles....wth is wrong with you. Dude may/may not know secrets, but he had the courage to stand up and voice something he found that could potentially turn into a HUGE problem for the people of america down the road.

He didn't betray America, he betrayed the Gov't of America. This gov't does take care of us...but we give them the power to do so, not the other way around. I do believe the gov't has a secret agenda behind the things they do, and I do believe that there is a possibility that this snowden incident may also be a cover-up to get our attention away from something else that is happening right now (conspiracy hat is on).

You gotta watch out for this global slight of hand gov't(s) pull on us.

Being slightly aware of possibilities > than being ignorant and calling others conspiracy theorists.

Stockholm syndrome
On-point son.

Miles....wth is wrong with you. Dude may/may not know secrets, but he had the courage to stand up and voice something he found that could potentially turn into a HUGE problem for the people of america down the road.

He didn't betray America, he betrayed the Gov't of America. This gov't does take care of us...but we give them the power to do so, not the other way around. I do believe the gov't has a secret agenda behind the things they do, and I do believe that there is a possibility that this snowden incident may also be a cover-up to get our attention away from something else that is happening right now (conspiracy hat is on).

You gotta watch out for this global slight of hand gov't(s) pull on us.

Being slightly aware of possibilities > than being ignorant and calling others conspiracy theorists.
There are probably better ways to get that information out than by going straight to the journalists.

Its saddening that this thread isn't at least 15 pages of discussion on what the hell is going on and how we can fix it.

Then again we'd probably all get raided and arrested.

Its saddening that this thread isn't at least 15 pages of discussion on what the hell is going on and how we can fix it.

Which is why I don't see how we could even oppose something like this at the scale it's already at..

It's just crazy.. All the stuff that goes on behind our backs without our knowledge. And it's people like miles with his blind patriotism that allows **** like this to continue. This country is corrupt as hell.. And only we the people can fix it. I just don't know how.

Which is why I don't see how we could even oppose something like this at the scale it's already at..

It's just crazy.. All the stuff that goes on behind our backs without our knowledge. And it's people like miles with his blind patriotism that allows **** like this to continue. This country is corrupt as hell.. And only we the people can fix it. I just don't know how.
We can't the country is too divided racially and morally. People don't trust another to stand side by side to go against the government.

Currently,  the news feed is structured to where we're getting massive coverage of the Trayvon trail. 

And if you're a sports fan, and have intentions of keeping up with sports, you'll be greeted with constant coverage of the Hernandez case. 

Politics? 

Well this Snowden situation is not being covered the way it should be because of what it actually exposes. 

The eye in the sky...

Last edited:

Currently,  the news feed is structured to where we're getting massive coverage of the Trayvon trail. 

And if you're a sports fan, and have intentions of keeping up with sports, you'll be greeted with constant coverage of the Hernandez case. 

Politics? 

Well this Snowden situation is not being covered the way it should be because of what it actually exposes. 

The eye in the sky...
Well with the sports thing what u expect especially on espn only baseball season is happening right now.

Well with the sports thing what u expect especially on espn only baseball season is happening right now.
I don't expect anything less.

But my post was in response sleazyy's question about why does this seem to have limited media coverage?

People are being distracted. 

Oh nah I know exactly why its not being covered properly. And I know why they're painting him the way they are, I called it right when the story broke.

I just dislike that at least here where I know we have plenty of like minded individuals, this isn't a bigger thread.

With the "children of the internet", the ones raised on 56k modems and AOL chats, we have known about the governments surveillance for a looong time. Now it's out in the open as fact and not a conspiracy.

I'm upset this has been enough of an event to have parliament members and others around the world coming out and asking questions yet our own countrymen either don't care or don't mind. Its like this isn't even happening right now. Its mind boggling.

My BIGGEST issue has been and still is, why was this a secret? I keep seeing "if you're not hiding anything, why worry?" and the fact that that logic is applied to us and not the ones spying is very troubling.

But my post was in response sleazyy's question about why does this seem to have limited media coverage?

We aren't distracted, the problem is this story only affects Millenials at the heart, Boomers still run the media, they report about crap like sexting because its fairly new to them,
I mean your mom probably has an Iphone, takes lots of pictures and isnt about that life to care about NSA...........

BTW Our Generation :
Doesn't Vote
Still Live with their Parents
Own No Property
Are in Debt out the boom boom
Spend 70 % of our day staring at a screen

Yeah, the Feds really care about how we feel........................ :smh:

I don't think people are being distracted per say more like I got **** going on in my life right now that takes precedence over this. Like I care about what's been going on but I been having to pay bills and take care of family **** to really try and solicite anybody else to get Info on it.

We aren't distracted, the problem is this story only affects Millenials at the heart, Boomers still run the media, they report about crap like sexting because its fairly new to them,
I mean your mom probably has an Iphone, takes lots of pictures and isnt about that life to care about NSA...........

BTW Our Generation :
Doesn't Vote
Own No Property

Yeah, the Feds really care about how we feel........................ :smh:
Which generation are u talking about I'm 27 and just curious which age range ur talking about ???

Oh nah I know exactly why its not being covered properly. And I know why they're painting him the way they are, I called it right when the story broke.

I just dislike that at least here where I know we have plenty of like minded individuals, this isn't a bigger thread.

With the "children of the internet", the ones raised on 56k modems and AOL chats, we have known about the governments surveillance for a looong time. Now it's out in the open as fact and not a conspiracy.

I'm upset this has been enough of an event to have parliament members and others around the world coming out and asking questions yet our own countrymen either don't care or don't mind. Its like this isn't even happening right now. Its mind boggling.

My BIGGEST issue has been and still is, why was this a secret? I keep seeing "if you're not hiding anything, why worry?" and the fact that that logic is applied to us and not the ones spying is very troubling.
Bruh all I I can say is REPPED!!!

BTW Our Generation :
Doesn't Vote
Own No Property

Yeah, the Feds really care about how we feel........................
mean.gif
Story affects us all. And it's more than just Boomers running the media.

I remember the Boston conspiracy thread, and more importantly how dudes got caught up in their feelings about the government.

We've been watched for years now.

To the one poster above, more people care about the Trayvon case than this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom