Edward Snowden: the whistleblower behind the NSA surveillance revelations

:lol: Dudes talking about "mysterious death" like the wiki leaks founder aint still out here chilling

Internet conspiracy theorists never really know whats going on

The ignorance in this post is overwhelming.

You do know Assange has been granted Asylum right? Dude hasn't left the Ecuador Embassy in an entire year and if he does walk out that building he'd be arrested on the spot.

Dude sleeps with a glock under his pillow.

Abandon thread while you still can.

You do know Assange has been granted Asylum right? Dude hasn't left the Ecuador Embassy in an entire year and if he does walk out that building he'd be arrested on the spot.

I remember he was under asylum but last I heard which wasnt long ago he was running for Senate in Australia which is kinda nowhere near Ecuador....

So Im guessing he's not under asylum anymore?

You can't even create a new yahoo ID without verifying it through a cell phone. People still waiting for big brother to put chips in us.... :smh:

...when we already carry the chips around.

I remember he was under asylum but last I heard which wasnt long ago he was running for Senate in Australia which is kinda nowhere near Ecuador....

So Im guessing he's not under asylum anymore?

1. The embassy is in London. Not literally in Ecuador.

2. He is still under asylum.

What can we do against the government?

It's a question I always ask myself. They can lock you up or have you framed, removing you from the general public indefinitely word to Julian Assange.

If we did decide to start a movement, it would have to be hella lowkey for a long period of time, gathering supporters and ****.

Not even sure how you would gather supporters, because you know the FEDS is watching at this very moment b.
Realistically, if our military just decided not to take orders, that would cripple our government.  It would lead to a coup and then we'd have the power again...

Not sure what the motivation was for Snowden. You have to be completely foolish to think that the government isn't tracking your every move. The reason why many of us don't care is because it doesn't affect our everyday lives.

Realistically, if our military just decided not to take orders, that would cripple our government.  It would lead to a coup and then we'd have the power again...

Um no the military would have power. Countless dictatorships across the world started with Military coups.

Really though
You can't even create a new yahoo ID without verifying it through a cell phone. People still waiting for big brother to put chips in us....
mean.gif

Since when?

He'll probably be out of a job soon, and that's great because Booz Allen is one of the companies I've been applying too lately. :pimp:
I'll take his spot

Its comical that people are praising this. The government has been doing surveillance on the population for a while now.
Uh. what exactly is comical? Everyone knows this has been happening. However this is official, written PROOF that the TOP SECRET wiretapping and phone records requests are going on, and to whom they are looking at. I don't see how this is insignificant in the slightest.

Last edited:
Really though

You can't even create a new yahoo ID without verifying it through a cell phone. People still waiting for big brother to put chips in us.... :smh:

Since when?

Since the Gov't decided they want to link all of your email(s) to your cell phone(s) in order to end online anonymity. Try it and get back to me.

Last edited:
Its comical that people are praising this. The government has been doing surveillance on the population for a while now.

Uh. what exactly is comical? Everyone knows this has been happening. However this is official, written PROOF that the TOP SECRET wiretapping and phone records requests are going on, and to whom they are looking at. I don't see how this is insignificant in the slightest.

But you know damn well America as a collective society isn't going to do anything. Any movement that pops up will be immediately vilified before it gains traction. What CAN be done at this point anyway? All there has to be is the THREAT of an attack and the U.S. Gov't has carte blanche.

The US government needs to terminate this guy or someone will get more information out of him. He mentioned he had access to undercover agents names and missions. That makes him a threat to US security now. 

Last edited:
Last edited:
Um no the military would have power. Countless dictatorships across the world started with Military coups.
Um, we'd have to recognize them as an authority for them to have power.  The military can overthrow the government, but the citizens still have to agree to let them have power thus we, the citizens, have power.  Note, I didn't say a military coup.  The military could stop taking orders and allow for a militia comprised of citizens to overthrow the government, then we instantiate a new government.  Basically what I was getting at is the way our nation was founded in the first place, we didn't want Britain to control us anymore, so we overthrew them and started our own country.  Obviously, there's different circumstances, but the idea is there...

Not sure what the motivation was for Snowden. You have to be completely foolish to think that the government isn't tracking your every move. The reason why many of us don't care is because it doesn't affect our everyday lives.
I think the majority of his decision to leak was probably for the sake of the public, but a large part of it had to do with personal burden. I'd imagine it'd be a pretty guilt-ridden life knowing the secrets that you know, knowing that those same secrets victimize even your closest loved ones. Whose to say that the guy in the cubicle next to him wasn't a week away from spilling the beans himself.

Back
Top Bottom