Early Releases are High Quality Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ninja keeps coming in this thread only to be proven wrong. Just cause the same materials might me used doesnt make them authentic. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

not true.

plenty of fakes carry da "branding" of authentic counterparts, what makes da product legit is actual materials they use and where it

was made at
. these grey market pairs are being made with within da same factories with da same material. da PROBLEM is they

aren't obeying da traditional distribution channels and are being funneled out da back or however its being done.

so like i said, if you have a problem with da ethical ways these are being made outside da consent of nike then thats a conversation

im more then willing to have, but if you're still thinking that because nike didn't green light  "X amount" of extra jordans from factory ___

then you can call these fake at all.

if you look at what it takes to make carbon fiber parts ALONE you would know bootleggers down have that kind of sophistication, hence

why there ISNT fake foamposites OR jordans with real carbon fiber.

Well, that's basically the core of the argument...I would argue the opposite. If the brand doesn't endorse the product, then the product is not of the brand's, thus making it not authentic...or fake.

I totally understand your argument though, gee...If Nike makes a run of 100,000 sneakers, how is the 100,001st sneaker fake? Same products and production location...I would also agree that in theory (and probably in reality), a "grey market" shoe could be the EXACT SAME SHOE as an authentic pair. I would say that because Nike didn't authorize that 100,001st sneaker, it is not authentic.

Many retail brands/companies use different raw materials and different production locations for the same product. I know for a fact that Urban Outfitters uses no less than 3 different sweatshirts for the same sweatshirt that they sell in their stores. It isn't the materials, nor the place of production, that makes a product "legit"...it is the branding. Authentic branding (branding that is authorized) makes a product authentic. Not consistency in raw materials or production location.

Some Nters seems butt hurt that icy sole concord = fake 

roll.gif

Last edited:
Some Nters seems butt hurt that icy sole concord = fake 

:rofl:

how are they gonna be icy after over a year? mine seen daylight twice and they are yellowing around the pods.

doubt theres too many out there with no yellowing from an actual retailer.

plus legit pairs look good to all early release shoes. you can just tell they are off, shape wise and everything.

I don't know why I'm jumping into this fire, but here we go. I haven't read this thread in awhile but going through the last page or 2 I think everyone is asking the wrong questions. The question isn't "are these gray market pairs fake?" because they are. If they're not officially authorized by Nike then they're fake, done and done. The question we need to be asking is: "why do we care?" If these are literally the exact same shoe, made with the same materials, in the same place, and the only difference between them and what you get at a Niketown is that the gray market pair hasn't been given Phil Knight's blessing... why should we care? You could argue about copyright laws and moral obligations, but my guess is that most people aren't thinking about copyright law when they go to buy a pair of shoes. I think that it's much more likely that the reason more people don't/won't buy fakes is that they don't want to be called out by someone and face the social stigma that we attach to rocking fake [insert expensive product here].

And if all of this is true, then our next line of questioning has to become "is this stigma beneficial to our society as a whole, to the specific corporations whose profit margin it affects, or is it some combination of both?"

I don't care how vigilant you store any icy soled XI, there's going to be at least a hint of yellowing around the traction pods at this point. eBay is flooded with this crap now and I wouldn't buy them for $50 let alone $350

Last edited:
I'ved talked about this before and I will say this again; go on eBay, search "space jam" and tell me what you see. Concords with completely icy soles are one thing, but these Space Jams on eBay have something that no retail pairs ever had: A BLUE TINTED SOLE. Unless you tinted the soles of your Space Jams blue, I don't care what you say; they are as real as Priya Rai's ****. Arguing those as legit is like arguing these are legit:

^ Some of them even have milky tinted soles like Concords. Unbelievable that people are really dropping $300+ dollars for them

^ Some of them even have milky tinted soles like Concords. Unbelievable that people are really dropping $300+ dollars for them

yup, i seen that. no idea if dudes know anything about jordans but if you been in the game and spending money on some XI's you should know how they released. Crystal CLEAR soles.

Blue tint arrived in 2010 with the Cool greys

I don't know why I'm jumping into this fire, but here we go. I haven't read this thread in awhile but going through the last page or 2 I think everyone is asking the wrong questions. The question isn't "are these gray market pairs fake?" because they are. If they're not officially authorized by Nike then they're fake, done and done. The question we need to be asking is: "why do we care?" If these are literally the exact same shoe, made with the same materials, in the same place, and the only difference between them and what you get at a Niketown is that the gray market pair hasn't been given Phil Knight's blessing... why should we care? You could argue about copyright laws and moral obligations, but my guess is that most people aren't thinking about copyright law when they go to buy a pair of shoes. I think that it's much more likely that the reason more people don't/won't buy fakes is that they don't want to be called out by someone and face the social stigma that we attach to rocking fake [insert expensive product here].

And if all of this is true, then our next line of questioning has to become "is this stigma beneficial to our society as a whole, to the specific corporations whose profit margin it affects, or is it some combination of both?"

The reason people care is more so the fact that these "grey market shoes" aka FAKES are not of the same quality. People keep saying they are (mainly the dudes being duped into believing they aren't fake to begin with(or trying to make us into fools)) but if you go on youtube you'll see that the majority of people that buy early release pairs get an inferior product and thats the major problem. Then it domino's from there because some people say F it, I'm gonna sell these on eBay and make a quick buck and so on and so forth and then people that couldn't buy during the initial release and want to buy a pair later have a huge potential for buying a fake shoe. A lot of times its visually difficult to tell whether or not the shoe is fake but once you get it you can smell the glue that was mentioned and feel that the shoes aren't as comfortable as the real deal or don't fit properly. Also, you have guys that have jumped into the whole sneaker culture thing and attracted the masses by showcasing and giving reviews on shoes that aren't even a retail product. Then people start to believe this dude has some magical connection and actually listen to the individual when the plug in these websites that are selling fakes and thats how you just make the problem worse for all of us, just such a different dynamic today compared to the earlier 2000's

Last edited:
Dude here in Houston sole 4 lyfe, look him up on FB, sells XI's that are variant , people pay $350 all day long to him for concords, spacejams etc, people just don't know or care to realize they are fake

Dude here in Houston sole 4 lyfe, look him up on FB, sells XI's that are variant , people pay $350 all day long to him for concords, spacejams etc, people just don't know or care to realize they are fake

Yea thats the problem, they don't know any better. For 350 bucks you can buy the real deal. Funny story, I walked into a store around the way about 3 years ago. I was wearing french blue VII's and some dude comes up to me and says "yo those are nice which are those the IV's right?" I'm like no their the VII's. He's like, thats what I meant the VII's then he says you know I can get you those in any color you want. So then I ask him Yooooo can you get me the all (some colorway that wasn't out at the time) and he's like yea yea I can get those I know which ones your talking about lol. And then i broke the news to him at the height of his b.s. confidence and said dude **** with that fake b.s. he's like nah nah their not fake. Then I had to break down exactly who he was dealing with and I think his Johnson shrunk about 3 inches. Moral of the story is if I didn't know any better maybe I would have listened to that dude. that the individuals selling this stuff are persistent and a lot of the people hustling the fake shoes are either really good at selling or don't know any better themselves and like Ninjahood are truly convinced this crap is real and try preaching this to the masses.

Last edited:
All of the re-sellers that sell fakes think 90% of kids don't know their kicks, guy even tried to tell me they were made at authentic Nike factories but just weren't authorized for sale lol

Does Footalog sell High Quality fakes? I have a feeling they sold me a fake pair of CG XI back in 2010. I was able to get a release pair from Wellgosh and the box I got from Footlog has the lighter grey box like the video above , and what really stands out to me is the non milky toes. That was my last only time dealing with early releases. Cost me $269.00.

All we can do is continue to spread the word and educate the masses and the NT community with the facts so they can make sound decisions. $300 isn't just a drop in the bucket regardless of how much most of us on here are making. I would be ready to clap someone's shoulders if I got took for that amount of money. You never know what you might prevent a person from doing in the future if you inform them ahead of time.

Does Footalog sell High Quality fakes? I have a feeling they sold me a fake pair of CG XI back in 2010. I was able to get a release pair from Wellgosh and the box I got from Footlog has the lighter grey box like the video above , and what really stands out to me is the non milky toes. That was my last only time dealing with early releases. Cost me $269.00.

Tough to say I've never dealt with them so I really can't say they are or they aren't. This post should be permanently on the home page

Itt: people still don't know the meanings of the words "fake" and "quality".

In other words, business as usual.

I have one pair if grey market kicks. Ray 13's which never released here in Australia. They are of exactly the same quality as my store bought flints.

I won't ever sell them but if I found I had to, I will let the buyer know what they are. People can lie when selling, but it's no different than the vvvvnds nonsense.

I wear my kicks so as long as the quality is on point, I really don't care Nike got no money for them. I owe Nike/JB NOTHING. Poor quality is found in authorised pairs as much as unauthorised, so the argument that grey market kicks are poorer quality is just rubbish.

As mentioned earlier, the only people this **** matters to are resellers and those who deal with them (like collectors). People I have no care or concern about.

So, for the people who review sneakers on youtube, IE-the sneaker addict,Damnn Ericka, who promote early release sites  like soleland, are not only getting fakes but are also getting paid to tell everyone that watches that they sell authentic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom