Early Releases are High Quality Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
at da end of da day, until there is legitimate proof of whats going on

this issue will not be put to bed.
laugh.gif
ya act like they dont carry nikes and foamposites, and NONE of this witch hunt is anywhere in da nike retro section..you know why? because

they dont make fake foams with real carbon fiber. mentalkicks sells though too..where's all da hoopla over their fighter jets? there isn't because

fake fighter jets dont exist in this "alternative universe" of fake sneakers ya swear up and down exist.

like i said before, bad stitching isn't a indicator of fake sneakers, off elephant print  thats RANDOM on every jordan III isn't a indicator of fakes,

neither is splatter on cement paint, nike boxes that are different sizes are indicators of anything fakes either.... where is da SMOKING GUN?!

all this thread got is smoke and mirrors, and alot of boys crying wolf but aint not wolves b.

Itt: people still don't know the meanings of the words "fake" and "quality".

In other words, business as usual.

I have one pair if grey market kicks. Ray 13's which never released here in Australia. They are of exactly the same quality as my store bought flints.

I won't ever sell them but if I found I had to, I will let the buyer know what they are. People can lie when selling, but it's no different than the vvvvnds nonsense.

I wear my kicks so as long as the quality is on point, I really don't care Nike got no money for them. I owe Nike/JB NOTHING. Poor quality is found in authorised pairs as much as unauthorised, so the argument that grey market kicks are poorer quality is just rubbish.

As mentioned earlier, the only people this **** matters to are resellers and those who deal with them (like collectors). People I have no care or concern about.

9.9 times out of 10 a grey market aka fake is going to be of worse quality than the real deal and like I also stated before you really don't know what type of glue their using and what effects it could potentially have on your health. The New York times article pretty much sums up the fact that they are indeed fake. If anything these fake shoes just help resellers make more money because once they get their hands on legitimate pairs from stores with receipt in hand they can now charge a premium as opposed to someone that doesn't have a receipt to prove the legitimacy of their shoe.

In regards to owing Nike/JB anything your right none of us owe them anything but your money is going somewhere and I think you can figure out where. Also, poor quality can be found in an authorized product but its usually NOT as bad as you would find in one of these fake pairs and the major difference is with a legit pair you have recourse if the product is defective with a fake pair you aren't guaranteed anything. The bottom line is these grey market pairs are nothing more than higher quality fake shoes. End of story.

The reason people care is more so the fact that these "grey market shoes" aka FAKES are not of the same quality.
This right here.. The quality just isn't on point with these grey market pairs as they were intended to be made quickly and cheaply. You can talk about the authentic materials all you want, but if the shoe is deformed and poorly assembled, what difference do the materials make? If I were to purchase these at higher than retail prices, with these early release websites claiming they're 100% authentic, I wouldn't be very happy with the quality to say the least. The last thing on my mind would be "what would others think of me if I wore these" it would be "I just got screwed out of $2XX-$3XX." :lol:

ya act like they dont carry nikes and foamposites, and NONE of this witch hunt is anywhere in da nike retro section..you know why? because

they dont make fake foams with real carbon fiber. mentalkicks sells though too..where's all da hoopla over their fighter jets? there isn't because

fake fighter jets dont exist in this "alternative universe" of fake sneakers ya swear up and down exist.

like i said before, bad stitching isn't a indicator of fake sneakers, off elephant print  thats RANDOM on every jordan III isn't a indicator of fakes,

neither is splatter on cement paint, nike boxes that are different sizes are indicators of anything fakes either.... where is da SMOKING GUN?!

all this thread got is smoke and mirrors, and alot of boys crying wolf but aint not wolves b.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol: @ "all this thread got is smoke in mirrors"

- Comparison photo's of carbon fiber used on a grey market aka fake pair of shoes in comparison to the real deal showing theres a difference and that carbon fiber is faked
-Nightwings video showing SIGNIFICANT differences in quality and all around construction.
-Ninjahood tries to compare Dr. Romanelli pieces to fake shoes being represented as real
-The nail in the coffin -A New York Times article exposing and putting every thing about these bull **** grey market shoes to rest as fakes

I think at this point if you don't see it then good luck in life. This isn't rocket science, the shoes are nothing more than higher quality fakes rebranded as "grey market" to sound more appealing.

Fake fighter jet foams don't exist? Then what is this?

They aren't even hiding the fact that their fake :lol:

The bottom line is these grey market pairs are nothing more than higher quality fake shoes. End of story.
but you speculating...no one here knows whats really going on, and you're NY times article isn't about specifically

about nike, its about da general bootlegger industry.

Fake fighter jet foams don't exist? Then what is this?

They aren't even hiding the fact that their fake
laugh.gif
yhst-15136686663457_2256_23316716

yea..like i said, bootleggers can't fake carbon fiber...and ^^^ this is a mentalkicks picture...NOW WHAT?
laugh.gif

like i said 10000000000000000000000000000000 times, cats in here dont know what they're talkin about.

slandering websites about selling fakes and look at da example of carbon fiber foamposite you posted and look

at da mental kicks pair of foamposite...you wrong duke, just take that L.

Last edited:

yea..like i said, bootleggers can't fake carbon fiber...and ^^^ this is a mentalkicks picture...NOW WHAT? :lol:

like i said 10000000000000000000000000000000 times, cats in here dont know what they're talkin about.

slandering websites about selling fakes and look at da example of carbon fiber foamposite you posted and look

Wooooow you are really committed to this stupidity.

FAKES COME IN A VARIETY OF QUALITY LEVELS DEPENDING ON THE MARKET. OF COURSE SOME PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO USE SOME OF THE LEGIT MATERIALS ON THEIR FAKES THERE AREN'T ANY BARGAINS ON A LOT OF THESE SITES. THEIR CHARGING FULL PRICE AND IN SOME CASES 100-200 DOLLARS OVER RETAIL!

READ THE STUFF THATS POSTED BEFORE YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO REPLY

Last edited:

yea..like i said, bootleggers can't fake carbon fiber...and ^^^ this is a mentalkicks picture...NOW WHAT?
laugh.gif

Wooooow you are really committed to this stupidity.

FAKES COME IN A VARIETY OF QUALITY LEVELS DEPENDING ON THE MARKET

READ THE STUFF THATS POSTED BEFORE YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO APPLY
carbon fiber is BOOTLEG PROOF, that article applies to crap you see in canal street.

take da L b, cuz until you find me a bootleg with real carbon fiber, you just grapsing at straws..

laugh.gif

bootlegs with real carbon fiber...so such thing exist, that goes for every nike/jordan around..i WANT

someone to find a pair, id pay to see that, cuz frankly its fairy tale.

Last edited:
carbon fiber is BOOTLEG PROOF, that article applies to crap you see in canal street.

:rofl:

FUNNIEST COMMENT IVE READ ALL DAY.

Tell that to the dude on this forum

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/beware-*fake-carbon-fiber*-23069/

NINJAHOODS Defense: Carbon fiber is bootleg proof so all these fake *** shoes are real now :lol:

You know what. I'm going to entertain your theory. Now do NIketalk a favor and buy a pair of "grey market" Jordan Xi's and foamposite's from all your favorite sites and bring them to a materials expert to validate that their using real carbon fiber in these "grey market" shoes. :lol: You can't visually tell their using legit carbon fiber in these grey market shoes or even the same grade if its legit at all.

THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED TO DEFEND THIS **** IS PURE COMEDY.

Last edited:
this is for da SMARTER NTers who aint about mindless witch hunting, read about carbon fiber and why its frankly IMPOSSIBLE

for bootleggers to make (that means all those XI's foamposites, nikes ya scared to cop ya ok to)
[h2] [/h2]
Full size
xlarge.jpg

giz explains

By Rachel Swaby Sep 23, 2011 11:30 AM  
rightbar.flame.png
rightbar.comment.png

[h4]Get our top stories[/h4][h4]follow gizmodo[/h4]
  •  
  •  
  •  
carrot.png

[h1]Why Is Carbon Fiber So Expensive?[/h1]
When carbon fiber was first trotted out in solid rocket motor cases and tanks in the 1960s, it was poised to not only take on fiberglass, but also a whole host of other materials.

What happened?

50 years later it's still an exotic material. Sure, Batman's got it in his suit, expensive cars feature smatterings of it in their dashboards and performance parts, but at $10 a pound on the low end, it's still too pricy for wide-scale deployment. We've been using this stuff for decades. Where's our materials science Moore's Law to make this stuff cheap? Why is this stuff still so expensive?

Turns out that even half a century later, this stuff is still a major pain in the *** to make.

Before carbon fiber becomes carbon fiber, it starts as a base material—usually an organic polymer with carbon atoms binding together long strings of molecules called a polyacrylonitrile. It's a big word for a material similar to the acrylics in sweaters and carpets. But unlike floor and clothing acrylics, the kind that turns into a material stronger and lighter than steel has a heftier price tag. A three-ish-dollar per pound starting price may not sound exorbitant, but in its manufacturing, the number spikes.

See, to get the carbon part of carbon fiber, half of the starting material's acrylic needs to be kicked away. "The final product will cost double what you started with because half burns off," explains Bob Norris of Oak Ridge National Laboratory's polymer matrix composites group. "Before you even account for energy and equipment, the precursor in the final product is something around $5 a pound."

That price—$5 a pound—is also the magic number for getting carbon fiber into mainstream automotive applications. Seven bones will do, but five will make the biggest splash. So as it stands, the base material alone has already blown the budget.

There's more. Forcing the acrylic to shed its non-carbon atoms takes monstrous machines and a lot of heat. The first of two major processing steps is oxidization stabilization. Here fibers are continuously fed through 50-100 foot-long ovens pumping out heat in the several hundred degrees Celsius range. The process takes hours, so it's a massive energy eater.

Then the material goes through a what's called carbonization. Although the furnaces here are shorter and don't run for as long, they operate at much higher temperatures—we're taking around 1000 degrees Celsius for the initial step before and then another round of heating with even higher temperatures. That's a power bill you don't even want to think about.

And it doesn't end there. Manufacturers also have to deal with the acrylic that doesn't hold on during the heating process. Off gasses need to be treated so as not to poison the environment. It ain't cheap being green. "It's a lot of energy, a lot of real estate, and a lot of large equipment," says Norris. And that's just in the manufacturing of the individual fibers themselves.

Let's take a second to talk about where we are in the manufacturing process, and where we're trying to get. That awesome-looking, rock-hard, ultra-light, shiny panel with its visible weave is what you think of when you think of carbon fiber, right? Well, we've just made the strands; we've still got to arrange them into a lattice that takes advantage of the material's unidirectional strength and bond them together.

Nailing the woven product means making sure that all the strands are pulling their weight. "You have to be concerned that the fibers are all parallel and are all stretched evenly," explains Rob Klawonn, president of
the carbon fiber manufacturer, Toho Tenax America. A wavy strand in a lattice will put extra stress on a straight fiber, and that straight one will end up breaking first. To compensate for the possibility of an imperfect weave, manufacturers might thread in ten percent more of the already expensive fibers than is necessary.

Alone, the strands aren't the strong stuff that manufacturers need. They're a reinforcer like steel is in concrete. Right now carbon fibers work with a thermoset resin. Together they make a composite that can be manipulated to take a certain shape. The trouble is that once the resin has been shaped and cured in an autoclave, that shape cannot be modified without screwing with the product's structural integrity. A small mistake means a lot of waste—and time. Thermosetting takes over an hour, which is a long time considering how fast the automotive industry stamps out body panels.

So carbon fiber doesn't just require one genius fix to get it into a lower price class, it requires an entire systems overhaul. As with anything offering a big financial reward, the industry is on it.

Those sweater-type acrylics, for instance, might be used in place of the ones manufacturers use now. "The equipment is less specialized, so that might cut the precursor cost by 20-30 percent," says Norris. They're also checking out renewable carbon fiber starters like lignin, which comes from wood, instead of the current petroleum-based stuff.

Alternate conversion processes—namely swapping thermal for plasma heating—could lower costs as well. "It cuts the time down because you don't have to heat the entire furnace; you generate the plasma to surround the filaments," explains Norris.

Scientists haven't quite nailed the chemical process to get carbon fiber to work with thermoplastic resins quite yet, either. But once they do, Klawonn of Toho Tenax America predicts 60-70% cut in cost in the conversion process. The big change is that thermoplastics are quick to set and can be melted and remelted, which limits waste when there's a mistake.

Change is on the horizon. Norris points out that carbon fiber has been installed in place of aluminum on newer commercial airliners like the Airbus A380. "They're moving more mainstream, but up until now it's always been in industries that can afford to pay for the performance." Let's just hope the cost caves before the industries that need it do.
http://gizmodo.com/5843276/why-is-carbon-fiber-so-expensive

:lol:

i was laughing with you kinda, i wasnt disagreeing with you.

i agree mostly with the foams thing as ive said it before in the past

but you cant tell me the III's i posted dont look off, im honestly scared to wear them.

roll.gif

FUNNIEST COMMENT IVE READ ALL DAY.

Tell that to the dude on this forum

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/modifications-cosmetic-34/beware-*fake-carbon-fiber*-23069/

NINJAHOODS Defense: Carbon fiber is bootleg proof so all these fake *** shoes are real now
laugh.gif

You know what. I'm going to entertain your theory. Now do NIketalk a favor and buy a pair of "grey market" Jordan Xi's and foamposite's from all your favorite sites and bring them to a materials expert to validate that their using real carbon fiber in these "grey market" shoes.
laugh.gif
You can't visually tell their using legit carbon fiber in these grey market shoes or even the same grade if its legit at all.

THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED TO DEFEND THIS **** IS PURE COMEDY.
im defending it because im TIRED of this stupid witch hunt, da idiots in here spewing **** they DONT KNOW **** ABOUT

is amazing.

CARBON FIBER can't be bootlegged when it comes to kicks, ITS TOO THIN. did you even read what you linked too? this

person bought a auto part with a slim piece of carbon fiber on top masking fiber glass...thats OBVIOUSLY not da case with ANY of these

sneakers.

you're WRONG, just TAKE da L b..cuz da more you type da more you reach.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i was laughing with you kinda, i wasnt disagreeing with you.

i agree mostly with the foams thing as ive said it before in the past

but you cant tell me the III's i posted dont look off, im honestly scared to wear them.
i hear you, but check it...my pair of 2003 jordan III's had smoother leather on one pair then da other pair, and i got that joint from modells.

da bottomline is small flaws like stitching, or leather consistancy isn't something that can be permissible when trying

to look for a fake..i mean c'mon..box color?
laugh.gif
these boys in here spazzin like da sky is falling and they dunno what they talkin bout.

it cost TOO MUCH to make carbon fiber, thats why any sneaker that REALLY HAS IT i have no doubts about their authenticity.

nike even tries to take it off some of their less precious retros because da fact of da matter is its too costly to always produce, this

is why da 1st 1/2 cent didn't have em, because nike wanted to keep em at a certain price tag.

there is NO EXAMPLES of fake jordans with real carbon fiber because it doesn't exist. PERIOD.

im defending it because im TIRED of this stupid witch hunt, da idiots in here spewing **** they DONT KNOW **** ABOUT

is amazing.

CARBON FIBER can't be bootlegged when it comes to kicks, ITS TOO THIN. did you even read what you linked too? this

person bought a auto part with a slim piece of carbon fiber on top masking fiber glass...thats OBVIOUSLY not da case with ANY of these

sneakers.

you're WRONG, just TAKE da L b..cuz da more you type da more you reach. :lol:

THE GREY MARKET SITES CAN AND DO FAKE CARBON FIBER, HAD YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT WAS POSTED THE PAST 48 HOURS I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

THE ONLY PERSON TAKING THE L HERE IS YOU.

GREY MARKET PAIR ON THE LEFT REAL DEAL ON THE RIGHT.

Last edited:

is amazing.

sneakers.

you're WRONG, just TAKE da L b..cuz da more you type da more you reach.
laugh.gif

THE GREY MARKET SITES CAN AND DO FAKE REALCARBON FIBER, HAD YOU ACTUALLY READ WHAT WAS POSTED THE PAST 48 HOURS I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO REPEAT MYSELF OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

THE ONLY PERSON TAKING THE L HERE IS YOU.

GREY MARKET PAIR ON THE LEFT REAL DEAL ON THE RIGHT.
you know why grey market pairs have REAL carbon fiber? because GREY MARKET JORDANS ARE NOT FAKE.

DUH.

if they're made UNAUTHORIZED FROM DA SAME FACTORY that means THEY ARE DA SAME EXACT SNEAKER.

like i told you A MILLION TIMES fake =/= greymarket.

how hard is that for you to understand? if i was a asian worker at da factory making extra pairs with da same materials WITHOUT PERMISSION

it STILL doesn't make what i make variants..it makes that UNAUTHORIZED.

grey market have the same carbon fiber as the REAL pairs. one picture means nothing, go look around and you will find grey markets with the same carbon fiber :lol:

grey market have the same carbon fiber as the REAL pairs. one picture means nothing, go look around and you will find grey markets with the same carbon fiber
laugh.gif
and you know why thats da case? because grey market pairs are made side by side with real pairs, they're just made

with extra runs (b grades that are supposed to be destroyed) or unauthorized pairs that are then sent to other distribution channels

FAKES like those fighter jet foamposites are just that, fake, made by some factory trying to imitate da real deal.

REMEMEBER, da space jams that opened up this WHOLE fiasco were 99.9999% like other space jams, EXCEPT da fact that

they had insoles from cool grey scraps.

9.9 times out of 10 a grey market aka fake is going to be of worse quality than the real deal and like I also stated before you really don't know what type of glue their using and what effects it could potentially have on your health. The New York times article pretty much sums up the fact that they are indeed fake. If anything these fake shoes just help resellers make more money because once they get their hands on legitimate pairs from stores with receipt in hand they can now charge a premium as opposed to someone that doesn't have a receipt to prove the legitimacy of their shoe.

In regards to owing Nike/JB anything your right none of us owe them anything but your money is going somewhere and I think you can figure out where. Also, poor quality can be found in an authorized product but its usually NOT as bad as you would find in one of these fake pairs and the major difference is with a legit pair you have recourse if the product is defective with a fake pair you aren't guaranteed anything. The bottom line is these grey market pairs are nothing more than higher quality fake shoes. End of story.

i agree that it is indeed a gamble when purchasing unauthorised sneakers, for there are many grades of such product as you say. one needs to do more homework with them than with stores because of that risk, and if one gets burnt, it's no one else's fault. i don't, however, agree with your 9.9/10 comment. you have no basis for this, and there have been many brilliant quality grey market kicks shown on nt, as well as many abominations which have passed the authorisation and qc of jb.

where each of us draw the line with fake is a personal decision. i don't care who makes them, the line is the same whether authorised or not. jb makes replicas too, the entire retro line replicate the original releases. as we all know some runs are done better than others, not even considering odd abnormalities. by my rationale, the eff word is irrelevant, as there are good shoes and utter ****e around, since we agree that we don't owe nike anything, the maker doesn't matter. it's only about the shoes at the end of the day.

full stop
end of story
period
point blank
and other such silly exclamations.

Last edited:
you know why grey market pairs have REAL carbon fiber? because GREY MARKET JORDANS ARE NOT FAKE.

DUH.

if they're made UNAUTHORIZED FROM DA SAME FACTORY that means THEY ARE DA SAME EXACT SNEAKER.

like i told you A MILLION TIMES fake =/= greymarket.

how hard is that for you to understand? if i was a asian worker at da factory making extra pairs with da same materials WITHOUT PERMISSION

it STILL doesn't make what i make variants..it makes that UNAUTHORIZED.

I HOPE EVERYONE JUST READ THAT COMMENT FULLY.

AND BTW IT DOES MAKE THEM FAKE. THEIR NOT USING ALL THE SAME MATERIALS AND THE COMBINATION OF DEFECTS MAKES THEM FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. ILL HUMOR YOU EVEN MORE. EVEN IF A PAIR OF GREY MARKET XI'S SHOWED UP WITH REAL CARBON FIBER WHICH THEY PROBABLY WONT. BUT IF THEY DID IT DOESNT CANCEL OUT THE FACT THAT THE INSOLES ARE THINNER, THE HEIGHT OF THE SHOE IS OFF, STITCHING IS OFF CHEAP GLUE IS USED.

NINJAHOOD: HEY GUYS COME LOOK AT MY GREY MARKET XI'S SURE THEY SMELL LIKE #$%^, SURE THE HEIGHT IS OFF, AND YEA THE STITCHING IS OFF TOO AND MAYBE THEY AREN'T AS COMFORTABLE BUT MY CARBON FIBER IS REAL (ATLEAST THATS WHAT I THINK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom