E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
Hybrid, exactly how does this work? You get there, they have the games set up to tv's, you get to try them when you want?

I'm sure the Wii/PS4/XBO press conferences are mandatory to attend, right?

What exactly are you talking about?

The press conference or E3 itself?

I know that they have big booths that media can flood into after the conferences and play certain titles. The rooms aren't too big but there are huge still huge lines. Any smart member of the media will have booked time ahead with specific developers to do 1 on 1 interviews or see demos behind closed doors at E3 in the convention center. Those demos are at each booth at each respective publisher. You go to the back they have a nice green room setup (food, drinks, attractive women, celebrities) and you go into a room that hold about 15 people and we developers run through a demo and take questions. Usually there's 3-5 rooms setup at each publishers space. I'd say about 90% of the time the demos behind closed doors are not shown to the public and are not able to be recorded.

If you're talking about the conferences I honestly haven't been there in years because I've either been working (in which case we all sit around and watch the live stream) or I've never been interested enough to deal with the press people. I went back when the PS3 was unveiled and that was my last year. As a developer, to sit there in a room that is 80% media means that when they see your credentials you're going to be hit up with every question under the sun about the games your studio are working on. Even if I'm not specifically working on those titles I'm going to get asked "on the record" to give a statement about them. I'd rather not deal with it. On the floor it's easy to point people you don't want to talk with to the PR department and tell them to schedule an interview or a demo. Not so much at the pressers.

Oh and to debunk another item that people don't know about is that most of the "important" press have played most everything on the floor. All those "awards" that are handed out are already tallied up before everyone gets to E3. About a month before the show media are invited to come to a studio event by different developers and check out what's being shown at E3. They meet in a hotel/bar/restaurant space and they're buttered up with free swag, liquor, and other things so they will be more likely to vote for those awards that are handed out. Once they're done they're put under embargo so they can;t talk about it until a certain day/time and then they go off on their way. But for the big media outlets the meat of their E3 coverage is already written. Obviously, there are certain games or pieces of hardware that are unveiled live and that's where the appointments come in for 1 on 1 or behind closed door sessions.

Seriously though, reviewers are the bane of my existence man. You have no idea how much is spent on trying to sway those guys and keep them happy and yes there are special favors for certain people/sites. It sucks but this is the monster the industry created and it's not going to change.

My console ownership history: ps1>ps2>360...+ps3(sold)>ps4(most likely)

Microsoft gonna make the domestic violence rate go up
Dude playing cod girls walks and says xbox off
.......it game ober for erbody

What exactly are you talking about?

The press conference or E3 itself?

I know that they have big booths that media can flood into after the conferences and play certain titles. The rooms aren't too big but there are huge still huge lines. Any smart member of the media will have booked time ahead with specific developers to do 1 on 1 interviews or see demos behind closed doors at E3 in the convention center. Those demos are at each booth at each respective publisher. You go to the back they have a nice green room setup (food, drinks, attractive women, celebrities) and you go into a room that hold about 15 people and we developers run through a demo and take questions. Usually there's 3-5 rooms setup at each publishers space. I'd say about 90% of the time the demos behind closed doors are not shown to the public and are not able to be recorded.

If you're talking about the conferences I honestly haven't been there in years because I've either been working (in which case we all sit around and watch the live stream) or I've never been interested enough to deal with the press people. I went back when the PS3 was unveiled and that was my last year. As a developer, to sit there in a room that is 80% media means that when they see your credentials you're going to be hit up with every question under the sun about the games your studio are working on. Even if I'm not specifically working on those titles I'm going to get asked "on the record" to give a statement about them. I'd rather not deal with it. On the floor it's easy to point people you don't want to talk with to the PR department and tell them to schedule an interview or a demo. Not so much at the pressers.

Oh and to debunk another item that people don't know about is that most of the "important" press have played most everything on the floor. All those "awards" that are handed out are already tallied up before everyone gets to E3. About a month before the show media are invited to come to a studio event by different developers and check out what's being shown at E3. They meet in a hotel/bar/restaurant space and they're buttered up with free swag, liquor, and other things so they will be more likely to vote for those awards that are handed out. Once they're done they're put under embargo so they can;t talk about it until a certain day/time and then they go off on their way. But for the big media outlets the meat of their E3 coverage is already written. Obviously, there are certain games or pieces of hardware that are unveiled live and that's where the appointments come in for 1 on 1 or behind closed door sessions.

Seriously though, reviewers are the bane of my existence man. You have no idea how much is spent on trying to sway those guys and keep them happy and yes there are special favors for certain people/sites. It sucks but this is the monster the industry created and it's not going to change.

Yea, i should have asked in a different way. I meant how is the experience for you guys who work in the business and get to go to E3. Thanks for clearing it up.

Not really a rumor when it's explicitly stated on Xbox's own website:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

Doesn't the current xbox already do something similar to this in regards to the first paragraph? I play alot of FIFA (unfortunately), and whenever there is an EA update or an Xbox Live update, it sometimes automatically logs you off and completes an update. Or in FIFA, if you are in a game, you lose connection to the servers (which is highly annoying) .

Obviously, you need internet connection 24/7 in order to get these updates right?

Regarding the second paragraph, from what i understand, doesn't this mean you can only access your library of saved games on someone else's Xbox One for up to one hour? For example...

1. I buy GTA and download it on my hard drive.
2. I go to a friends house, with NO disc.
3. I log in to my profile on his Xbox One.
4. I can see my saved games on his Xbox for a game he DOES NOT HAVE.
5. I can play it for up to an hour

Because if this is the case then heck, that sounds pretty nice. Play a game on someone else's Xbox for an hour with no disc?

Edit: after reading the whole page again, not only what you quoted and made larger, i think what they mean is..

With NO disc physically inside the Xbox, you can play offline for up to 24 hours, then you need to connect to the internet to make sure you are actually still on your profile accessing your own library.....if no connection was necessary, then everyone would just download each others games then not connect to the internet to have the game for free forever, and we all know that is rightfully illegal (ex. Pirating a cd on to your pc and burning a copy for all your buddies).

By the way, im the one that gave you rep for your post since you actually posted a link to Microsoft's official site and didn't just post some ******.. article from some website they found on google

do you actually believe what you just typed? :lol:

do you actually believe what you just typed? :lol:

Yes, read the article you posted.....

Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

Currently, I can...

1. Buy GTAIV

2. Go to friends house WITH A disc

3. Log into my profile on his PS3/360

4. Download my save using the cloud

5. I can play if for as long as I want.

6. He can then play it on his account for as long as he wants.

That sounds better.

Currently, I can...

1. Buy GTAIV

2. Go to friends house WITH A disc

3. Log into my profile on his PS3/360

4. Download my save using the cloud

5. I can play if for as long as I want.

6. He can then play it on his account for as long as he wants.

That sounds better.

My mistake, i forgot to edit another thing in an earlier post. Read the article Based Mod posted, 3 times, im serious. You actually can...

1. Save GTA on to your hard drive.
2. Play GTA with no Disc on your friends console for

-as long as you want if his xbox is connected to internet.
Or
-1 hour if you disconnect the xbox from the internet after you access your library.

And, you can ALSO do what you have stated. According to the official article he posted...there is no fee or restriction if you have a disc and want to take it to a friends.

Oh okay. I misunderstood the post then. I thought you could only play for an hour on a different console.

Yea, i should have asked in a different way. I meant how is the experience for you guys who work in the business and get to go to E3. Thanks for clearing it up.

It's fun man, usually I only get one full day off because of presenting but it's always a great time after hours. I live in LA so there's no travel involved for me but for some other people this is their big party week out of the year.

Last edited:
It's fun man, usually I only get one full day off because of presenting but it's always a great time after hours. I live in LA so there's no travel involved for me but for some other people this is their big party week out of the year.

whats the warez like.

free dvds, movies, posters lemme know whats up

Just caught up on the CBOAT leaks and wow, how could the DRM get any worse, especially after the "I'm listening" tweets by Major Nelson :lol:

I'm not even surprised it was MS who came up with the idea themselves.

gbg5mwcn2u3e.jpg

First game sounds like Ryse, the second is Forza, anyone know what the third might be?

Could be Quantum Break or Titanfall but I have no clue

If Sony doesn't have any kind of DRM MS doesn't even need to release a console .

Sony should walk out say "Want to take your game to your friends....go ahead...want to rent games...fine...want to buy used games? you can....we don't have any digital rights management issues" spike the mic put hands up and walk off the stage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom