E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
Aj2C0h5.jpg

enjoy our DRM.... right up your ***
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The leaked WatchDogs trailer cut off around the end. Gamespot uploaded the full version, hopefully it won't be taken down also.
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of CG trailers since they don't show off gameplay, we have seen gameplay footage already so I don't mind as much.

Last edited:
Phil Spencer said 20 games on stage tomorrow, still wall-to-wall games planned.

Plus two more premiering at the Spike pre and post conference shows. :smokin

Hybrid, exactly how does this work? You get there, they have the games set up to tv's, you get to try them when you want?

I'm sure the Wii/PS4/XBO press conferences are mandatory to attend, right?

^^^ Homeboy hates MS, been talking dirty bout them for months :lol:

But he didn't call the RAM "cheap" in a negative way. He was saying it was inexpensive, so he doesn't understand why MS isn't using more

Last edited:
I agree with him though , since they decided to use DDR3 they should've went with 10GB. Would've evened things out a little vs the PS4

How can ANYONE want to buy the Xbox One knowing what they know?

Maybe because most of what they "know" are actually only rumors? And even if they are true, PS4 will most likely do the same (DRM).

Not really a rumor when it's explicitly stated on Xbox's own website:

Networking Requirements

To ensure Xbox One works optimally and can offer the experiences described above, it is designed with the following networking requirements:

For an optimal experience, we recommend a broadband connection of 1.5Mbps. (For reference, the average global internet connection speed as measured recently by Akamai was 2.9 Mbps). In areas where an Ethernet connection is not available, you can connect using mobile broadband.

While a persistent connection is not required, Xbox One is designed to verify if system, application or game updates are needed and to see if you have acquired new games, or resold, traded in, or given your game to a friend. Games that are designed to take advantage of the cloud may require a connection.

With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.

At Xbox, we’ve always believed in a connected world of games and entertainment. With Xbox One, we are planning for a connected future. We can’t wait to show you what’s to come.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

Seriously though , what are y'all gonna talk about after tomorrow when it comes out that Sony is doing the same thing ?

Not really a rumor when it's explicitly stated on Xbox's own website:
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/connected

Doesn't the current xbox already do something similar to this in regards to the first paragraph? I play alot of FIFA (unfortunately), and whenever there is an EA update or an Xbox Live update, it sometimes automatically logs you off and completes an update. Or in FIFA, if you are in a game, you lose connection to the servers (which is highly annoying) .

Obviously, you need internet connection 24/7 in order to get these updates right?

Regarding the second paragraph, from what i understand, doesn't this mean you can only access your library of saved games on someone else's Xbox One for up to one hour? For example...

1. I buy GTA and download it on my hard drive.
2. I go to a friends house, with NO disc.
3. I log in to my profile on his Xbox One.
4. I can see my saved games on his Xbox for a game he DOES NOT HAVE.
5. I can play it for up to an hour

Because if this is the case then heck, that sounds pretty nice. Play a game on someone else's Xbox for an hour with no disc?

Edit: after reading the whole page again, not only what you quoted and made larger, i think what they mean is..

With NO disc physically inside the Xbox, you can play offline for up to 24 hours, then you need to connect to the internet to make sure you are actually still on your profile accessing your own library.....if no connection was necessary, then everyone would just download each others games then not connect to the internet to have the game for free forever, and we all know that is rightfully illegal (ex. Pirating a cd on to your pc and burning a copy for all your buddies).

By the way, im the one that gave you rep for your post since you actually posted a link to Microsoft's official site and didn't just post some ******.. article from some website they found on google

Last edited:
The E3 nintendo Direct is soon and then we will see how Nintendo will combat Sony and Microsoft. I expect the best from them because they already gotten the first slow year of their console out of the way I expect it to be the show stopper.

Everyone else I wanna hear prices which I expect to be $400+

This is from one of the most reputable sources on neogaf:

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

Link:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581089

Last edited:
This is from one of the most reputable sources on neogaf:

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

5. Mirror's Edge 2 at MS conference.

6. Prince of Persia (reboot?) at MS conference.

7. Secret Phil Spencer game = World of Tanks

8. Live paywall still there.

9. Dead Rising 3, and exclusive DLC for another Capcom game at MS conference.

10. No online paywall for PS4. Unconfirmed.

11. No DRM info for PS4.

Link:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581089

Ok the Xbox One was looking to be at worse a REALLY BAD Steam style DRM

I can deal with no used games or not giving copies to my friends if its on my account

But the No offline play and the 24 check in is Horrid. Plus the fact that things will be worse is just bad

I can deal with no used games or not giving copies to my friends if its on my account

But the No offline play and the 24 check in is Horrid. Plus the fact that things will be worse is just bad

That partial list of games they plan to showcase at their conference tomorrow is :x

Mirror's Edge 2 :lol:

New Prince Of Persia :lol:

Last edited:

Like i said in the comment i posted in the last page. After reading through the whole page Based Mod posted, it looks like this 24 hour check-in will only apply when you decide to play from your library with no disc in the Xbox. Traditionally playing with the disc inside, i guess you should be fine playing offline for as long as you want.

That partial list of games they plan to showcase at their conference tomorrow is :x

Mirror's Edge 2 :lol:

New Prince Of Persia :lol:

I like Mirror;s Edge. It was a good game but Prince of Persia can be a bushed to the side. Dead Rising can be cool I guess ?:rolleyes

The trilogy that was released was pretty good. PoP from 2008 or so whasnt great, but Sand of Time was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom