Duke Eliminated out of the NCAA Tournament Appreciation Post

Depth. Thats what i think their problem tends to be lately. Nolan Smith was their only option off the bench that was an offensive threat. Everyone else justtends to be extra bodies to take up minutes ie Zoubek and McClure.

Man, y'all put too much emphasis on the McDonalds all americans/High ranked players that Duke DOES get rather than the one's that they DON'T get.

That is where the issue is. The misses, rather than the ones Duke gets.

Like this year for example. The fact that we DIDN'T get Yarou or a Demarcus Cousins is more important than the fact that Duke did land Ryan Kelly/Mason Plumlee.

Doesnt matter. We all miss out on key dudes sometimes we wish we could have. McD's players are often overrated but they still are at least near the top forplayers in the class. And Duke gets their large share every year, misses out on some (every program does because you cannot get the best player at every singleposition), and plays with the hand they choose. Coach K has more talent at his disposal every single year than MAJORTIY of schools in the country and yet hecan't get close to the FF lately, and that's part of the reason dudes give the program heat. Hell UNC (who recruits the top players as well) if theymake it to the championship game this year will have played double the amount of tournament games that Duke has played in just since 2005.

Granted I'm taking present day because obviously one could spread it out and say "3 titles in ____ years who can beat that?" And again I got noissue with Duke I've always liked the progam and they obviously are head and shoulders above any team I root for
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Doesnt matter. We all miss out on key dudes sometimes we wish we could have. McD's players are often overrated but they still are at least near the top for players in the class. And Duke gets their large share every year, misses out on some (every program does because you cannot get the best player at every single position), and plays with the hand they choose. Coach K has more talent at his disposal every single year than MAJORTIY of schools in the country and yet he can't get close to the FF lately, and that's part of the reason dudes give the program heat. Hell UNC (who recruits the top players as well) if they make it to the championship game this year will have played double the amount of tournament games that Duke has played in just since 2005.
Yeah, but Duke misses are amplified b/c they have been missing out on the same position for the last 7years. That $$@* hurts and it the reason why Duke is where they are now. It DOES matter. You miss out on a big man one cycle, you make sure to get one the nextCycle. They have missed out every year since 2002 in getting a legit big.

And Duke isn't as 'Talented' as you think.

Next year, Duke may be the 4th most 'Talented' team in the ACC.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Coach K. should make an official apology to President Obama.

That would make you climax, huh?

Not at all, it would just be a sign of remorse on Coach K's part for even speaking about Obama in a negative manner to begin with. Kind of like you andthe rest of your Republican brethren, or should I say former Republican brethren having to eat crow after Obama was elected.

They've got one Elite 8 in the last 8 years?
roll.gif

You get all these top players and you haven't been relevant in college basketball for nearly a decade now.

Originally Posted by Nek32

They've got one Elite 8 in the last 8 years?
roll.gif

You get all these top players and you haven't been relevant in college basketball for nearly a decade now.
You would have a point if Duke wasn't in the Final Four in 2004.

ohwell.gif

Lost to the Eventual champion UCONN Huskies.

It still amazes me that I've never seen half these names in the thread about college basketball, yet they all come running with Duke loses...

^^ With that logic then George Mason is also a dominating relevant college basketball program.

Originally Posted by Nek32

^^ With that logic then George Mason is also a dominating relevant college basketball program.
No.

Good try though.

It's not my fault that your are regurgitating false statements.

Please explain how Duke has not been relevant in College Basketball in almost 10 years.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I knew this was coming...
laugh.gif

I've never had a problem with Duke but it amazes me lately how another year will pass, they'll add another 3-4 McDonalds All Americans like every year, and they have reached only one Elite Eight in the last 8 years.
grin.gif

And the amazing thing is, nobody is ever shocked when they do lose. That probably says more about their program right now than anything.
The problem here is that they're getting the WRONG All-Americans....
laugh.gif

However, the All-Americans they need is probably not gonna be able to get the test scores needed to play at Duke..
tired.gif

I'm a UNC fan and by default I really dislike Duke but they have a really good program. I think that they are a post presence away from getting back but Ialso think that Coach K may want to get a real big man coach. Guys like Lance Thomas and Zoubek show almost no improvement from year to year and I thinkthat's partly because of the team's offense( these guys rarely have plays run for them) and partly because Wojo is the team's big man coach.

If the dirty #@* refs would have called the game right they would have lost to Texas.

But it was a home game for them so it is what it is.

Coach K needs to stop recruiting "his" players and start recruiting some 1-and-done's.......

much appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
big east running this tourney. next up...oklahoma tonight. lets go cuse

Duke needs to start by recruiting cats w. tats on their necks....some gully %** dudes who aren't in the David McClure cookie-cutter mold.

im kind of scared for next year especially if gerald and kyle leave.... dude came to my work who does draft stuff for clippers and asked him about those dudesand he said they are gone....i dont know how much truth to that is but if they do we are going to be weak...probably a 5 or 6 seed unless somehow we get johnwall.... which hopefully we do... coach needs to go to him and say you take control of the team like jay will did for us... may be then he will come... but idont mind all this hate on here... if they were irrelevant for so many years then all these people on here wouldnt hate as much...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Duke needs to start by recruiting cats w. tats on their necks....some gully %** dudes who aren't in the David McClure cookie-cutter mold.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom