Duke Eliminated out of the NCAA Tournament Appreciation Post

- That said, the 2010 kids coming can play ball.

word up... Coach K finally ended the churchboy experiment and started recruiting in the hood
laugh.gif

Coach K better start recruiting some Negroes. I know he likes his white boys n all and that's cool...but, Duke needs some athletes. John Wall is sittingthere for the taking...I don't care what you say, If he wanted him, Coach K could make it happen. But, Coach K is so arrogant he thinks he can get awaywith running with mediocre athletes n players...nah, son...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

- Scheyer's post game quote was interesting "I enjoyed playing with Gerald and Kyle" ..."Hopefully we could do it again"

- Ryan Kelly will carry on the recent tradition of white stiffs at Duke. Kid is incredibly overrated. Plumlee probably sucks, too. Just a hunch.\

I'm from NC...Kelly definitely is in that mold...I don't get it...even, as a UNC fan...I mean, year after year Duke gets ran out by moreathletic teams...and K keeps bringing in the same type of players...

And you're right...that 2010 class is lookin trill...SMH

Originally Posted by YngSeanCombs12

Coach K better start recruiting some Negroes. I know he likes his white boys n all and that's cool...but, Duke needs some athletes. John Wall is sitting there for the taking...I don't care what you say, If he wanted him, Coach K could make it happen. But, Coach K is so arrogant he thinks he can get away with running with mediocre athletes n players...nah, son...

- Scheyer's post game quote was interesting "I enjoyed playing with Gerald and Kyle" ..."Hopefully we could do it again"

- Ryan Kelly will carry on the recent tradition of white stiffs at Duke. Kid is incredibly overrated. Plumlee probably sucks, too. Just a hunch.\

I'm from NC...Kelly definitely is in that mode...I don't get it...even, as a UNC fan...I mean, year after year Duke gets ran out by more athletic teams...and K keeps bringing in the same type of players...

All you dudes coming in here talking about recruiting, Duke is a Top Tier school, you need at least somewhat decent grades to get into Duke,mediocre grades just won't cut, no matter how good you are. You can't just go to the school with a 2.0 cum like some other college powerhouses.

That's a lame excuse.

They can't get some kids that a Memphis gets

But Duke's academics are not stopping them from getting tough/athletic kids, or a post presence.

Jesus Christ.

If Gerald and Kyle leave.

(And I was told that they WERE this morning. That's the text message I awoke to from my dude @ Duke)

SMMFH.

It's gon' be '95 all over again.
sick.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Coach K better start recruiting some Negroes. I know he likes his white boys n all and that's cool...but, Duke needs some athletes. John Wall is sitting there for the taking...I don't care what you say, If he wanted him, Coach K could make it happen. But, Coach K is so arrogant he thinks he can get away with running with mediocre athletes n players...nah, son...

I'm from NC...Kelly definitely is in that mode...I don't get it...even, as a UNC fan...I mean, year after year Duke gets ran out by more athletic teams...and K keeps bringing in the same type of players...

All you dudes coming in here talking about recruiting, Duke is a Top Tier school, you need at least somewhat decent grades to get into Duke, mediocre grades just won't cut, no matter how good you are. You can't just go to the school with a 2.0 cum like some other college powerhouses.
Sheldon Williams.

j/k
laugh.gif

Its not the grades...you're tellin me that all of the athletes that don't go to Dook are 2.0 students? No. K don't wanna deal with disadvantagedblacks and I understand that. He's not John Calipari. But, if you wanna have the best talent...he's gonna have to learn how to reach and connect withthese inner city kids...the recruiting game is much different than it used to be..

It's not even the underprivileged/bad kids.

He just felt scorned by all those kids who left early.

So he's scared of the super elite talent, fear that they will leave as soon as the get marginal success.

At least he's trying to put in work in the DMV.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But, He doesn't need 'hood' kids.

The 2010 class are not that, and they'll be great.

Greg Monroe and Kevin Love aren't that either, but Duke missed on them. And they are/were great.

Has little to nothing to do with black/white...it comes down to evaluating talent, and the staff limiting their options thinking they can just pick and choose.Those days are over. That's Carolina right now.

Didn't Kevin Love have a falling out with Nike before his senior year? Wonder if that effect his decision on colleges.

Anyone in NC, or who really follows Duke...I got a question...

Coaching legends in sports like college football (Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc) have all felt heat from alumni, fans, and boosters for going throughstretches of time where their respective programs have fluttered. Not that I am calling Gary Williams a legend, but it's well documented that even withfinal 4 appearances and a Nat'l championship, he felt some heat for his recruiting and "lack" of success in other peoples eyes. I feel as thoughthe mindset surrounding Duke basketball is like that of the NY Yankees. Where if you DON'T win a Nat'l championship, the year is a disappointment. Willthere ever come a day when Coach K is challenged by alums, fans, etc for having "early" exits in the NCAA's and what have you? Will the playersthat he recruits ever be looked at differently? I don't know if that makes any sense, but if it's a little foggy I'll try to clear up what I'mtrying to say a little later on....

All you dudes coming in here talking about recruiting, Duke is a Top Tier school, you need at least somewhat decent grades to get into Duke, mediocre grades just won't cut, no matter how good you are. You can't just go to the school with a 2.0 cum like some other college powerhouses.

see, that's not really a valid excuse. Coach K doesn't recruit in the same circles as a guy like Calipari... the majority of the players he looks atcan qualify for the ACC. he just chooses not to go for anybody who might be good enough to play in the NBA and leave him before their senior season.

last i checked, Wake Forest is an elite private school as well and they still outrecruit K (though their coaching is another matter). UNC is a top academicschool as well, and they have no problem getting the elite All-Americans at every position.

could never see that. He IS Duke. He has a lifetime contract, doesn't he?

And I think he's conscious enough to know when his time is up

Originally Posted by dreClark

So he's scared of the super elite talent, fear that they will leave as soon as the get marginal success.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You might have a good point there and I can see that happening...still...look at how many coaches are burned by the early departures and have reloaded (itREALLY got G-Tech recently but they're recovering)....He's freakin Coach K...I just feel like with how recruiting has changed so much in recent years,Coach K got stubborn and caught behind the learning curve...as a UNC fan, I'm dissappointed. I want Duke to piss me off every once in a while...and wegotta rep the ACC better...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Anyone in NC, or who really follows Duke...I got a question...

Coaching legends in sports like college football (Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc) have all felt heat from alumni, fans, and boosters for going through stretches of time where their respective programs have fluttered. Not that I am calling Gary Williams a legend, but it's well documented that even with final 4 appearances and a Nat'l championship, he felt some heat for his recruiting and "lack" of success in other peoples eyes. I feel as though the mindset surrounding Duke basketball is like that of the NY Yankees. Where if you DON'T win a Nat'l championship, the year is a disappointment. Will there ever come a day when Coach K is challenged by alums, fans, etc for having "early" exits in the NCAA's and what have you? Will the players that he recruits ever be looked at differently? I don't know if that makes any sense, but if it's a little foggy I'll try to clear up what I'm trying to say a little later on....
Coach K is untouchable. Honestly, UNC is more like the NY Yankees...based on the talent we have...many people feel like UNC should be better andthat Roy's coaching has cost them games. Actually, I know quite a bit of UNC fans who don't like Roy. I can see him going before Coach K.

Originally Posted by dreClark

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You might have a good point there and I can see that happening...still...look at how many coaches are burned by the early departures and have reloaded (it REALLY got G-Tech recently but they're recovering)....He's freakin Coach K...I just feel like with how recruiting has changed so much in recent years, Coach K got stubborn and caught behind the learning curve...as a UNC fan, I'm dissappointed. I want Duke to piss me off every once in a while...and we gotta rep the ACC better...
GT hasn't recoeverd at all.

They ain't been %#$% since Bynum/Elder/Jack/Muhammed years.

And as a big fan of Bobby and Coach K, they are in two different worlds. Honestly, the game has kinda passed Bobby by (to a certain extent) and it has affectedhis COACHING. Coaching is not the problem w/ K, it's the talent level W/ FSU the problem wasn't the TALENT, It was the Coaching. And add in the factthat the heat only came into play once UM & Florida started winning/goeing to NC's. UNC went in '05 but who else from the area has? No one really.

And the academic %#$% is nonsense. Not the issue @ all.

I'm liking that text message Dre.
pimp.gif

I think K wants to pass Dean in all time wins and then he'll bounce. I think that's a good 3 to 4 years away though. And certainly he would love to getone more chip before going out, which means he should get on his grind recruiting and fill in for their lack of talent in the post. It's not hard to sell aprogram like Duke, especially when you have a legendary coach who has NBA players that these kids grew up idolizing on his jock. But hopefully K continuesdoing what he has been doing.
laugh.gif

The main issue is that no Major talent big man want's to come here. We can land guards out the %+#, we can land forwards out the lass, but no talented bigman want's to play for dude.

I swear to god son, if Hairston comes here and plays the 5 spot

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

That's probably what will happen too. He fits the Duke center mold of being 6'8" 180.

Looking at the prospects y'all have for 2010 the only center on there is Josh Smith, and I'm pretty sure he's not that interested in Duke.

What's the word on Andre Dawkins?

He better not.

Kid is too good to get shafted like that. He's Jeff Green like with a better jumper at this stage of his/their careers.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

That's probably what will happen too. He fits the Duke center mold of being 6'8" 180.
Yep.
tired.gif

Looking at the prospects y'all have for 2010 the only center on there is Josh Smith, and I'm pretty sure he's not that interested in Duke.

See, that's the %+#% I'm talking about. Legit big man. Probably stays out west w/ UCLA but damn.
What's the word on Andre Dawkins?
Duke has Dre, Tyler Thornton and Hairston locked up for 2010. Unless he recently de-committed

I honestly haven't seen too much of Dre though. I think Allen has as he was the one who put me up on him in the 1st place
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

udub/ucla battle for Smith
pimp.gif
Coach K is getting Baby Jesus
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Seth?!
nerd.gif

That's why I think that coach K should replace Wojo.
I don't know if Wojo should be replaced per se' as he seems to do a good job on the recruiting trail. He just doesn't need to becoaching big men.

Back
Top Bottom