Duke Eliminated out of the NCAA Tournament Appreciation Post

pimp.gif

I knew this was coming...
laugh.gif

I've never had a problem with Duke but it amazes me lately how another year will pass, they'll add another 3-4 McDonalds All Americans like every year,and they have reached only one Elite Eight in the last 8 years.
grin.gif

And the amazing thing is, nobody is ever shocked when they do lose. That probably says more about their program right now than anything.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I knew this was coming...
laugh.gif

I've never had a problem with Duke but it amazes me lately how another year will pass, they'll add another 3-4 McDonalds All Americans like every year, and they have reached only one Elite Eight in the last 8 years.
grin.gif

And the amazing thing is, nobody is ever shocked when they do lose. That probably says more about their program right now than anything.

Man, y'all put too much emphasis on the McDonalds all americans/High ranked players that Duke DOES get rather than the one's that they DON'T get.

That is where the issue is. The misses, rather than the ones Duke gets.

Like this year for example. The fact that we DIDN'T get Yarou or a Demarcus Cousins is more important than the fact that Duke did land Ryan Kelly/MasonPlumlee.

Missing out on Greg Monroe last year.

Etc, etc.

That's where the issue is. Add in the fact that players like Eric Boateng (transferred) and Greg Paulus ( 1/2 bum) shouldn't have beenMickey D's All-Americans in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom