Dressing better

clarks-spring-2010-02.jpg

I like/want both of these

Originally Posted by omgitswes

what type of sunglasses do yall wear?
i've tried staying away from them but i think i might end up buying some wayfarers

if you don't wanna get some straight up Wayfarer's try finding some Wayfarer Max or Clubmasters

& there's nothing wrong w/wayfarers they will always be classic/timeless no matter what the current trend is

Went to the Hugo Boss store to pick up my suit. Decided to take this picture in the dressing room just 'cause.
laugh.gif
Too hot to wear a dress shirt today.
30liicz.jpg

What does one wear to a wedding ?

It's this Saturday and it gonna be 96 degrees
I wanna wear a suit but the weather is telling me otherwise.

Originally Posted by targiu23

You really have no choice. I'm going to a wedding in Thailand which is damn hot and humid, and I'm wearing a suit.

Depending on how casual/formal it is, you may be allowed to wear lighter colors which won't absorb heat as much.

i don't know if you have the time to find something btwn now and saturday, but i'd recommend a seersucker, linen or khaki suit. they aregreat for summer and as wj4 said, because they are lighter would be cooler. you could go with any of the above mentioned and go tie-less. just wear a verycrisp complementing shirt and a pocket square. you would look both dapper and stay cool.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

i don't know if you have the time to find something btwn now and saturday, but i'd recommend a seersucker, linen or khaki suit. they are great for summer and as wj4 said, because they are lighter would be cooler. you could go with any of the above mentioned and go tie-less. just wear a very crisp complementing shirt and a pocket square. you would look both dapper and stay cool.
I'm wearing a khaki suit myself. I'm not sure what the material is, but it's lighter than the typical suit, feels almost silk-*%#. The guy is cutting it really short. I bought my suit at the end of June, about a month in advance of the wedding so I have enough time to get it tailored.

I usually find polyester lighter than wool and some suits are made of it.
It is a material that tends to gets shiny quick and that is it's downside.
The "shine" I am talking about is hard to describe but it is usually a sheen that occurs in certain parts of the suit that becomes noticeable as tiemgoes on.
It happens to almost all suits but with polyester, it tends to happen faster/more frequently.
Maybe Niidawg could explain into detail what I am talking about.

Quality is also usually lesser on polyester suits.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The "shine" I am talking about is hard to describe but it is usually a sheen that occurs in certain parts of the suit that becomes noticeable as tiem goes on.
It happens to almost all suits but with polyester, it tends to happen faster/more frequently.

It probably is polyester.
laugh.gif
The suit has a shine to it when the light hits it (not in certain parts, but through out the suit)..that was apartial reason why I like it. It goes with my skin tone quite well. I was talking to the guys about quality of suits. A unique thing they pointed out wasthat if you dry clean your suit a lot, 3+ times a year, the suit will not last as long because the harsh chemicals will chew up the suit.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

As far as quality goes, and designs which do you guys prefer?
H&M or Banana Republic?
Neither.

But you're better off just burning your money if you want to go to H&M. I'll never buy anything from there again. Quality is terrible.

hey man i got the same problem...im about to be a sophomore in college as well..studying german and business...and i wear jordan shorts..a t shirt and sandalseverywhere...
i just like dressing in wats comfortable..but i kno what u mean..im about to start doing the same thing

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

As far as quality goes, and designs which do you guys prefer?
H&M or Banana Republic?
It's not even on the same level. BR stuff is superior. Of course pricier too.

Originally Posted by wj4

The "shine" I am talking about is hard to describe but it is usually a sheen that occurs in certain parts of the suit that becomes noticeable as tiem goes on.

laugh.gif
The suit has a shine to it when the light hits it (not in certain parts, but through out the suit)..that was a partial reason why I like it. It goes with my skin tone quite well. I was talking to the guys about quality of suits. A unique thing they pointed out was that if you dry clean your suit a lot, 3+ times a year, the suit will not last as long because the harsh chemicals will chew up the suit.
It could be a polished cotton. I believe this is chemically treated, but still cotton, and is not kind with water. Boss uses this fabric. Sodoes high end golf clothing mfrs. Polyester, being synthetic is generally woven tighter and doesn't breathe as well as cotton.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
The suit has a shine to it when the light hits it (not in certain parts, but through out the suit)..that was a partial reason why I like it. It goes with my skin tone quite well. I was talking to the guys about quality of suits. A unique thing they pointed out was that if you dry clean your suit a lot, 3+ times a year, the suit will not last as long because the harsh chemicals will chew up the suit.
It could be a polished cotton. I believe this is chemically treated, but still cotton, and is not kind with water. Boss uses this fabric. So does high end golf clothing mfrs. Polyester, being synthetic is generally woven tighter and doesn't breathe as well as cotton.
Thanks for the insight. I wish I had the suit now so I can read the label, but I don't. The customer service at Boss is top notch. I hadthe suit ready to go, but they insisted that it would look better if they take it in a bit more, ~1 inch overall. So I'll be picking it up next week.

Originally Posted by columbiasneaks

^^^
eyes.gif
whats wrong with h&m?
i like their stuff, and the quality's good so far..
Quality's good so far, huh? Have you washed any of it? There's a reason why their stuff is Target cheap...

I had their t shirts and hoody's before. After 2-3 washes, it's a wrap.

H&M is like Forever 21, good for 1-2 wears.

This could be very interesting but up to this day, I haven't found a BR suit that fit me right compared to H&M.
I'm corssing my finger that I hope they do not adapt the sack suit shape of the 60'-70's and have it slightly more modern like the show.
H&M is a good buy though, as long as you do not expect it to last for a couple of years.
If you have an event that you need a suit 3-4 times a year, H&M is a perfect buy and it fits great.

WJ4, I understand the shine you are talking about but the sheen I am talking about is more due to wear and not necessarily a look or design.
Again, it is hard to describe and I wish I had pics but I don't.

RFX-both of my BR blazers had to be taken in on the width by at least 3-4'' overall. And I got their tailor fit..which is the slim fit.
laugh.gif
Theyweren't made for slim Asians/Europeans.

Back
Top Bottom