Dressing better

Originally Posted by Vancity74

niidawg3: What industry do you work in? I know this is a faux-pas question, but I'm just curious what profession allows you to dress like that.
I'm guessing he is in the mail order business
nerd.gif

sorry

Originally Posted by Vancity74

niidawg3: What industry do you work in? I know this is a faux-pas question, but I'm just curious what profession allows you to dress like that.

nigerian scams.....
laugh.gif
......j/p had to get my Chris Rock on
indifferent.gif

I'm trying to find some basic pocket squares to go with a basic suit wardrobe. What colors do you guys recommend? Also where is the best place to purchase?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

why is every single pair of boots that i see that i want cost over 300 dollars

A good to decent alternative to Indy or those W&H boots are these Red Wing Gentlemens.
They are on sale for $155 @ http://www.gimmeshoes.com/index.php?show=22&cPath=22&designer_id=58
I am not sure about sizing so make sure you know how it fits because those sale prices are final sales.
[img]http://www.redwingshoe.com/images/CasualHomePopupPics/RW_Lifestyle3rast_popup_0708.jpg[/img]
7954-529367-p.jpg

Originally Posted by you right

does anyone know where i can find a striped tee similar to the one bow wow is wearing???? looking for like a navy/pink navy/white.... thanks

i know it aint dressing better, but i need some for the beach.....help?

Wow--great thread you guys got going here. Just spent over an hour reading the past 30 pages
laugh.gif

I have a very broad question--not quite sure exactly what I'm looking for. Basically, I need shoes that are still casual enough to wear everyday with anice pair of jeans/button up/polo/etc. I'm tired of wearing Air Maxes and such all the time. Any suggestions?

niidawg3 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback on the sleeve lengths. Didnt know they would cause such a rah-rah. As you can see most of my other suit sleeve lengths are fine. That was an intentional choice to buck against the norm. I'm off to the tailor to get it lengthened ... lol. Dont want NT fashionistas getting all emotional...

fits from the holiday through today:
Today:

Monday:

Friday:

I have been getting more and more into suits since I graduated last year and I must say, well done, you got some style. My only critique is you having blackshoes with your blue coat, I would have gone with brown slacks and either navy blue shoes or brown shoes as well. I really stick to the rule of no dark blueand black at the same time and almost always mix brown and tan with blue. Also, that material and pattern on the coat usually does not go well with pastels andany summer for that matter but you did it.

The level of formality that you have in that last out fit is where I am weakest. I can dress business casual, I can wear the business suit and/or three piecevery well but I struggle to blend non business casual with a suit coat. If I am not dressed for business or for some formal event in a three piece suit orblack tie, I drop down to slacks or linen pants and sport shirts and polo shirts. I gotta do what you do and get better at dressing for levels of formalitybetween those two that I mentioned.

The third outfit is very well done, it is a tough act to blend sock-less casual with a jacket like that but you did.

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Wow--great thread you guys got going here. Just spent over an hour reading the past 30 pages
laugh.gif

I have a very broad question--not quite sure exactly what I'm looking for. Basically, I need shoes that are still casual enough to wear everyday with a nice pair of jeans/button up/polo/etc. I'm tired of wearing Air Maxes and such all the time. Any suggestions?
get some chukka boots my man

does anyone know where i can find a striped tee similar to the one bow wow is wearing???? looking for like a navy/pink navy/white.... thanks

http://www.gettyimages.co...tty-Images-Entertainment

i know it aint dressing better, but i need some for the beach.....help?
urban outfitters maybe?

you could even try something like GAP or old navy for the specific color/pattern...i see striped shirts like that all the time...especially those bright colors@ GAP. just go to the mall and look around, i think you will find the exact shirt or something pretty similar.

Vancity - I work for CNN

Uncle028 - Do not go for exact matches though. There are a lot of tie/PS sets being sold on ebay. You could buy them, but never wear themtogether... they should match but not be the same. Example, you could go with an orange and blue tie and a contrasting blue and orange PS.

Rexanglorum - Thats the point people are missing. This thread is about dressing better, whether you wear suits, jeans, sneakers orwhatever. I dont wear suit on weekends. I wear jeans to work on Fridays, and maybe i should be posting more of those fits to show the difference. Even when youwear nikes and a polo, you need to dress better than an oversized polo, sagging jeans scraping the floor and ill-fitting shoes.

Specific to the casual business look, i have learnt that khakis are the good start. They go very well with blazers and suede shoes. If you can get a couplekhaki pants in different shades - a brown loafer and black loafer, and then some jackets, you should be fine.

im tryna ask this in a serious fashion

is this like proper crossing of the legs in the business world?

im just wondering why you got so many pics of yourself on a daily basis

no hate...just wondering...does your girl or something photograph you every morning?

Originally Posted by Flight8403

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Thanks for the feedback on the sleeve lengths. Didnt know they would cause such a rah-rah. As you can see most of my other suit sleeve lengths are fine. That was an intentional choice to buck against the norm. I'm off to the tailor to get it lengthened ... lol. Dont want NT fashionistas getting all emotional...

fits from the holiday through today:
Today:

Monday:

Friday:
I like the way you dressed in the last pic.

No disrespect but I didn't know people this old post on Niketalk. You could be my Dad's age.
roll.gif
ouch
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
geezus christ NT.........

also, ordered a loden dager striped oxford shirt which i'm having buyers remorse about now but they can't take 1 item off an order...they could cancelthe whole order and i could try to get the boots again in another order but my size isn't available anymore and i didn't want to risk it

was strongly considering these Gordon Rush boots as well...

med.jpg

a lot of brands on this sale...Hickey, Theory, Earnest Sewn, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, John Varvatos, Helmut Lang, Marc Jacobs, Y-3,etc.

up to 90% off

I didn't find anything of interest from the Gilt sale.
Good prices, very few, scattered pieces though.

I liked the gilt sale, I got a navy black label polo for 55... great for casual days at the bank.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

seriously, i dont think there is a specific way - and if there is i dont know it. I cross my legs the best way i feel comfortable to make me relaxed and myjohnson breathe ... lol.

Originally Posted by gnarmyroly

im just wondering why you got so many pics of yourself on a daily basis

no hate...just wondering...does your girl or something photograph you every morning?

sometimes my wife, sometimes one of my co-workers. sometimes myself. its just something i've been doing a lot the last couple months. i figured why nottake pics and have them so i can see what i did well, didnt do well, can repeat etc.

Maybe out of it, i might even develop a portfolio for a small side project i've been thinking of. i dont think through somethings too much before i dothem, especially taking pictures.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Al Audi

seriously, i dont think there is a specific way - and if there is i dont know it. I cross my legs the best way i feel comfortable to make me relaxed and my johnson breathe ... lol.
QFT on that last comment.
The way in the pic is the "most proper" way for a man to cross his legs, although there is nothing wrong with any way of leg-crossing.
You may find different criticisms from culture to culture, but as far as I know, there is no one distinguishable way of leg-crossing that is considered"wrong" in America.

pimp.gif
outfits, by the way, Niidawg.

Back
Top Bottom