Dressing better

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Is this dressing better

or dressing more fashionable/mature?

Cause this doesn't look like its dressing better.....
its both, some had a more casual tone to it, but the suits are definately more mature...

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Is this dressing better

or dressing more fashionable/mature?

Cause this doesn't look like its dressing better.....
If you're in high school, you won't really understand...

I don't really expect someone (the majority at least) to really understand the concept until at least the age of 21-22.

I started wearing button downs and such in my first several years in college, but the execution was sloppy since I didn't pay attention to the smalldetails.

Back in high school for me, it was all about having exclusive Nike's and the newest J's with matching outfits.

This thread is more about timeless attire, ie why so many suits are posted up.

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

anyone taking advantage of the huge men's final sale on gilt?

just ordered these Gordon Rush boots...

med.jpg
those are fire, dude
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

how much?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

im tryna ask this in a serious fashion

is this like proper crossing of the legs in the business world?

Most european people cross there leg like that. During the cold war, when the russians suspected someone of being a spy, they would sit them down and tell themto relax, if they crossed their legs how americans did they would get capped.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Most european people cross there leg like that. During the cold war, when the russians suspected someone of being a spy, they would sit them down and tell them to relax, if they crossed their legs how americans did they would get capped.

Didnt know that. Interesting trivia.

FYI, Nordstrom has their anniversary sale coming up starting on the 17th of July. See link below for catalog. Men's starts from pg. 70

http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/nordstrom/index.aspx?pagename=shopmain&circularid=15193

IMO - kinda meh...

Man I was about to buy some Cole Haan loafers for $45 yesterday, but my size was in someones cart so I couldn't buy them.

There really wasn't that much good stuff there IMO.

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

School me on skinny ties. Are they ok to rock, or are they wack?
nerd.gif

skinny_tie.jpg
Depends on your build and type of collar you wear with it. Me personally I can't pull the look off, but I do have a couple of slim ties.

nerd.gif

if you think they wack dont wear them, if you like em rock em....

I wear skinny ties for less formal events, or just plain out casual. I prefer the thicker ties when I'm wearing a suit.

just got these from BR for 24.99, with a $15 off & free shipping code I found from a deal website.
3rd world pimping in effect.
pimp.gif

br626288-02vliv01.jpg

^Great find. I wish I can fit into them comfortably, but my feet are too wide.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

just got these from BR for 24.99, with a $15 off & free shipping code I found from a deal website.
pimp.gif

br626288-02vliv01.jpg
laugh.gif
@ "a deal website" like _s dont know. but yeadudes was beastin for them 15 off codes. i refreshed for a smooth 10 mins or so at work and gave up on that 15.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Most european people cross there leg like that. During the cold war, when the russians suspected someone of being a spy, they would sit them down and tell them to relax, if they crossed their legs how americans did they would get capped.
That reminds me of the scene in Huck Finn when Huck dresses up as a girl and visits a lady who figures out that he is actually a boy throughsimilar tests, including one where she throws a thimble and he catches it with his legs.

Originally Posted by Jehul

nerd.gif
Its something that you will have to decide. From what I've seen most people wear them in casual, non-work settings. Personally, I rock them to work occasionally...
pimp.gif

http://jehul.blogspot.com...9/06/41609-thursday.html
46.png

fat ties are wackkkk and havent been worn forever, feel free to wear thin ties to work.

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

pimp.gif

br626288-02vliv01.jpg

great deal!! my boy has been eyeing that same driving loafer for a while but didnt want to drop the 98 BR was asking for. Too bad the code doesnt work anymore.I think at 40 bucks its still a pretty good deal ... I am eyeing the orange ones to see if they will drop below the 65 they are at now.

Best thread on NT. Do you guys have any ideas for some casual wear besides, long sleeve button-ups, jeans, and some loafers? I only get to dress up on theweekends, because I hit the gym throughout the week and I'm constantly in work. I have alot of polos, but I want to try some different things. Keep in mindit's sort of a task for me because I live in Florida and you have to dress light, i.e. no layers.

what type of sunglasses do yall wear?
i've tried staying away from them but i think i might end up buying some wayfarers

anyone know how much a custom fit polo oxford will fit after i wash and dry?? it's 100% cotton

not sure if i'm gonna get the desired fit...thinking about returning them and getting a couple of rugby oxfords instead

Originally Posted by hammerdown10

anyone know how much a custom fit polo oxford will fit after i wash and dry?? it's 100% cotton

the oxfords won't shrink much, maybe .5" all around at best, if even. are you trying to shrink it b/c of the length? might want to try brooks brosslim fit casual oxfords, gant, gitman bros, cantebury of new zealand or steven alan if you're worried about length. i'd say shoot for JCREW but theyare still a little roomy compared to custom-fit's. maybe burkman bros if they make 'em.

^ you'll only look awkward if you feel awkward. having confidence in what you're wearing makes a world of difference.

^^ a custom shirt should have an allowance for shrinkage, give it 3-5 washes for shrinkage to stop.

Originally Posted by Jehul

nerd.gif
Its something that you will have to decide. From what I've seen most people wear them in casual, non-work settings. Personally, I rock them to work occasionally...
pimp.gif

http://jehul.blogspot.com...9/06/41609-thursday.html
46.png

a tie's thickness should match the width of the jacket's lapel.

Back
Top Bottom